On the Weapon of Praise
There is much material, but for now we publish for you the following. I’m sure it goes without saying that the Devil can’t stand praise and cannot live in the atmosphere of Praise, for it is the atmosphere of Heaven. . . but it will do us all some good to review these things to ‘mind control’ ourselves to remember to do it often, unceasingly, and no matter what! Later I hope to get a hold of a copy of ‘Extreme Praise’ and the X-Factor on praise, but for now you can read these! Also we hope to post articles on the subject if anyone has anything to contribute, as this is a vast topic and a VERY POWERFUL WEAPON!
“USE THE KEYS OF PRAISE TO PAINT THE TARGET FOR HEAVEN’S BOMBERS!”
1::::New Ways to Praise
3::::The Art of War 2
4::::The Art of War 2: Letter Links!
5:::: X Factor: Praise
New Ways to Praise
Maria #336DO 30553/96
—Mama’s Intro to the Praise Kisses and Praise Prophecies GNs!
My dear Family,
1. I love you, and I have something new and exciting to tell you about! Remember when we first got the “Loving Jesus” revelation, how that came about as a result of my feeling so frustrated in my attempts to express to Jesus my love for Him? That is when we decided to ask Him what we could do to be closer to Him, and He started us on this wonderful and exciting journey of learning to love Him more deeply! And that’s when He told us what we could say to Him that would make Him happy and bring us closer to Him.
2. And what a big change that has made in our lives, to realize how Jesus was there all the time, waiting for the moment when we would want Him so desperately and He could show us how very‚ very much He cares about us and wants to be near us, and show us that He is our Husband—not only symbolically, but in every way!—That He is always there, always ready, a personal, doting Husband Who knows each thought at every moment, each need, and is constantly looking for ways to make us happy.—A Husband Who is so in love with each of us that He loves us passionately, fully, completely, as though there were no one else. He wanted us to know that He loves us not only as our Husband, but as the great King of the Universe that He is, wanting only the best and the most of everything for us, His Bride, whom He looks upon with such eyes of love that He sees no fault, and for whom He has only unconditional acceptance and admiration.
3. Did you know He even makes excuses for us? He does that for me all the time, and I can hardly believe it! I say to Him‚ “But Jesus, You’re letting me off the hook too easily! You really are making excuses for me. I know I should be doing better‚ but You tell me not to worry about it, and to just forget it, and that I’m doing just great! I’m so bad, but You always give me the benefit of the doubt, and always immerse me and envelop me in such warm feelings of security and comfort!
4. “For example, I recently did something that I was very ashamed of. I acted very selfish, proud and unyielded. I quickly repented and asked You to forgive me for getting out of line, and You just told me it was an unguarded moment and not to worry about it. You told me not to be condemned‚ and that You know I feel bad about it‚ and You understand. Yet I know I was bad and I didn’t yield when You asked me to. I could have made the time to do it, but I was just too selfish. But You told me that I was doing the most important thing and I was getting out Your Words, so You overlooked it. It’s as though You didn’t even see how unyielded and selfish I was.
5. “You don’t only treat me this way‚ You show the same kind of love for all of us! Look how You told all of us mated couples in ‘Go for the Gold’ that if we would share with others outside our marriage union, we didn’t even have to fuck them if we didn’t want to, for whatever reason‚ even if out of selfishness or jealousy or not wanting to have a baby or what have you! You didn’t hold against us what could look like unwillingness or lack of faith. Any reservations or hesitancy we feel is canceled out by the love we’re willing to show in sharing with others. You made excuses for us, and commended us with the highest commendation by saying‚ ‘Gold medals in My Kingdom are not won through perfection but through love. For love is the key in My Kingdom. Love is the gold that Heaven is made of.’ (For more on this, see ML #2961:429-437.)
6. “Lord, You are so wonderful and so precious to always be looking at us with such eyes of love that You don’t see any of our blemishes or our failings. It’s like You really don’t see them! You know they’re there, but You just don’t look at them. You choose not to see them. That was the way Dad was with me. Whenever I’d be discouraged and be talking about how bad I was, he’d always shush me up and say, ‘Honey, I don’t want to hear about it. You’re wonderful! You’re marvelous! And I love you so much!’ He was such a sample of Your Love, Jesus. I didn’t realize then how much, but now I see it so much more! I know that he knew my weaknesses and all my NWOs. In fact, he had to suffer from some of them. But it was like he just didn’t see them‚ because in his eyes, my love for Jesus and desire to please and obey Him outweighed my faults and weaknesses. He only saw the good qualities that I had right then, and the potential that I had of becoming the leader that he and You wanted me to be.”
7. Well, dear Family, I just can’t tell you how loving Jesus is, but I guess you’re finding it out for yourself, because He loves you that way too! After I had dictated the above comments, I had someone in my Home pray and ask the Lord for a confirmation of this point about Him making excuses for us, as I felt that might sound pretty radical to some of you. I wanted to be sure I was on the right track. As usual, the Lord answered beautifully, giving us wonderful Words of explanation:
8. (Prophecy, Jesus speaking:) Ah, My precious, faithful queen, how I love and adore you. It is true, I do make excuses for you because I know your weaknesses. I know that you are but dust. I know that you are a frail human being and you cannot be perfect. But I also know that your heart is right with Me and your desire is to please Me. Your desire is to do My will and to yield, or at least be willing to be made willing.
9. I know that the desire of your heart is to please Me. I know that you recognize your own weaknesses and frailties, the times when you are selfish or proud, and I know that you do not want to be that way. You want to be yielded and humble and fully‚ completely submitted to My will.
10. For this reason I do make excuses for you‚ because I know that even as yielded and willing as you are, there will always be some mistakes, some shortcomings‚ some NWOs, no matter how hard you try‚ because you are not perfect. But I do not look for perfection; I look for the desire, the yieldedness, the willingness. And when I see this, then yes‚ I make excuses for you. I turn a blind eye to your weaknesses, for I am as a blind lover who loves you in spite of your weaknesses.
11. But this is a difficult principle to explain to our children, for there are many who have not yet learned to rightly and wisely divide the Word of Truth. There are many who do not know how to apply the Word of Truth, and so to some it becomes a stumbling block. For those who are looking for “excuses” for their overall‚ ongoing disobedience or lack of yieldedness, this Word could be misapplied or misunderstood‚ or taken as an occasion to the flesh. For this that you are presenting is a deep truth from the deep wells of My Spirit. You are explaining My very nature. (End of prophecy.)
12. (Mama:) So you see, if you’re doing the best you can and generally trying to obey, but you slip or make a mistake or you’re not yielded in some way, then the Lord will make excuses for you too, because He says He’s not looking for perfection. He’s looking for willingness, or even a willingness to be made willing.
13. However, the Lord also included a caution to not be stumbled or take this as an occasion to the flesh. This does not give you license to now let your guard down or conclude that you don’t need to try to make progress in overcoming long-term problems. If you have an ongoing serious problem, then the Lord may not be so quick to make excuses for you in that area. In such a case, He may have to work differently in your life. “Whom the Father loveth, He chasteneth” (Heb.12:6). So please don’t misunderstand what I said and think that you can now get away with serious infractions of the Charter or the Lord’s commandments because He will just “excuse” you. That is not the case.
14. But if you’re doing your best and your heart is right with the Lord, yet you feel discouraged with yourself or your mistakes or the fact that you don’t always do as well as you feel you should‚ don’t worry. He’ll excuse all that. He won’t even see it, because He’s as a blind lover who loves you in spite of your weaknesses.
15. I got way off the track of what I was going to tell you, but I just couldn’t help talking about how wonderful our dearest Darling, our precious Heavenly Husband is! But I guess this really does all tie in with what I want to tell you about!
16. After Jesus showed us the words we could say to Him and how we could talk to Him just like we would talk to our earthly loves, that was wonderful and it gave us such wonderful opportunities for intimate communication with Him. But because I loved Him so much, as time went on I wanted to say more to Him to try to express how very, very thankful I was for this precious relationship that He had given us.
17. Of course, we have the beautiful Psalms in the Bible, and many other praise verses, and while these are wonderful and we love to pray these to the Lord, I still felt the need for something that would be more the way we would say things in today’s language. We already had the praises in the Praise Time songbook, and we were working on “Praise Time” volumes 2, 3 and 4, and these are beautiful—especially after those who were compiling them went back through and revamped some of them and made them sound nicer to say to Him. But still these weren’t quite as intimate as the things I wanted to tell Him. Besides, they too are not always the way we would express things, and while very beautiful‚ and while I love to use them and say them to Him, I also wanted something more current, more up to date!
18. I had this on my heart for quite a while, and finally I told Peter that of all the things that we needed to pray for, I would choose this one as the most important! I told him, “I really want to get something from Jesus where He will give us the words to love Him with‚ a further extension of what He’s already told us‚ a prayer of praise that we can pray to Him that will express in words the love in our hearts for Him. I’m not eloquent enough to word such things myself‚ and I need Him to do it for us, to give us the words that we can say back to Him, to praise Him for His precious, overwhelming‚ boundless, immeasurable, unending love for us!”
19. God bless dear Peter! It was a new thing for him, but he’s always been so yielded. He’s such a good faucet, such a wonderful love gift from Jesus!—Such a precious part of my heart and my life. So you can see why he’s so humble! It’s because he’s had to live and work with me for so long! But he will be the first to admit that it does have its privileges. We get to hear so beautifully from our wonderful Jesus every day, and Peter was willing‚ and even eager‚ to see what would come!
20. And what came was just what I wanted, just what I needed, just what I was looking for! I was so excited that while Peter was getting the prophecy I was telling the Lord, “Oh, please don’t stop, Jesus! Please don’t stop! Please keep giving it to us!” But realistically, I knew that Peter was never going to be able to give enough in these few short minutes that we had to prophesy to keep me happy, and I was going to want more and more and more! So instantly I realized that the Lord would not only speak through Peter with His praises, but He could use others as well, and we could have more and more! It would be wonderful!
21. I was so excited! I knew the Lord was giving just what I wanted, so I have to admit that my mind really wandered as Peter was giving that one! I knew I’d get a chance to listen to it as soon as it was done, and that it was wonderful, and I was so excited thinking about how much more we could get‚ that I just couldn’t keep my mind on the one we were getting! Oh my! But I knew Jesus wouldn’t mind this time, because He knew it wasn’t out of disinterest that I was not listening! I’d heard enough to know that I loved it and that I wanted more! It was a beautiful prayer of praise to the Lord, and we already have it on tape and I listen to it when I feel the need to have a more structured way to praise Him, when I need a “script”! You know me and scripts—I love them! I need them!
22. So I started our dear folks here and at one of our WS units on getting more of these, and you can imagine how beautiful these prayers are! There’s such variety! Some of them are more formal praises to Jesus, others are very informal; sometimes they’re centered on a specific blessing, other times they are praise for many different blessings! Some are long and some are short. Sometimes they’re even poems! One of our folks even got a song, complete with melody!
23. Everybody in our Home has done at least one—and most have done more—and they all agree that it’s wonderful to be able to have these prayers of praise dictated by Jesus Himself, just what He wants to hear from us! We could hardly wait to get them into this first GN, and we hope we can have many more GNs of these praises to come! The Lord never runs out of ways for us to praise Him, or things for us to say to Him. We run out, but He doesn’t! He keeps giving and giving and giving, and the variety is amazing!
24. Some of these prophecies may not even sound like prophecies; they may just sound like a very expressive prayer. Others may be more “majestic.” Most were just everyday prayers that any of us would pray to Jesus if we were articulate enough—all the things that you would like to say‚ but usually you don’t find the words for. They’re the kind of prayers you hear and you say, “I sure wish I had prayed that!” It’s not that they’re all necessarily so eloquent; it’s just that they’re very clear and expressive!—The kind of thing that if, before knowing about this way to get these prayers in prophecy‚ we had sat down and prayed and asked the Lord to help us write a prayer and taken the time and effort to do it‚ He could have given it to us through our own thoughts. At least I think the Lord could have inspired me to write something like some of these prayers, but it sure would’ve taken me a lot longer to get a prayer that way than to get one in prophecy‚ and a lot more effort, too! Plus, I probably wouldn’t have been able to eke out more than one of them.
25. But this way, we can be swimming in praises! We can be inundated by them! We can have so many that we’ll never run out! There’s a continual supply available and all we have to do is ask! It’s so wonderful! I’m just thrilled! I love this!
26. Some are more formal‚ others are more homey‚ and each one has its place. At one praise time, you might feel more like saying great and glorious things to Jesus, our King of kings and Lord of lords‚ Who was, and is now, and evermore shall be! At another time, you may just want to sit beside Jesus with His arm around you and tell Him all the ways that you appreciate and admire Him as your Friend and as your Husband. At another time you may be excited with His kisses and His caresses and may want to talk to Him more intimately, telling Him how much you love Him as your sexy love partner and wonderful Husband. He loves for us to talk to Him and praise Him in whatever way we feel like at the time.
27. Another idea that I had for these is to not only put them in GNs, but eventually make them into a book of praise prayers, God willing, and I think He is! Also, after we get them finalized for a GN, we can have them recorded so we can listen to them on tape during our quiet times. Won’t that be wonderful? I already tried this and it’s such a blessing. I repeat each phrase of the prayers as I hear them on tape. This way I can enter in completely by making the prayer my own, entering into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise!
28. He’s putting a new song on our lips‚ even greater praise than ever! He says He dwells in the praises of His people, and we give Him pleasure when we love Him with our words. So let’s praise Him with all our heart and all our mind and all our soul, and let Him put those praises on our lips! Okay? I’m sure you’ll all catch on to this, too, and be getting your own before long! You can use your private devotional praise time with the Lord to receive these prophecies, and though it may take a little more effort, you will be so satisfied with the results that the effort won’t matter! You’ll feel edified and refreshed and inspired and thrilled that the Lord can give you words for the thoughts of your heart that you have difficulty expressing on your own, and He can pray those prayers of praise through you! The Lord says we’ll be known as the “prophets of praise!” Hallelujah!
29. After everyone here had been having so much fun getting these praise prophecies, I had the idea to ask the Lord to give us a little confirmation on the project. None of us needed any confirmation, but I just love to hear the Lord talk about things. Even though I was absolutely convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was a great idea from the Lord, and it was bearing such wonderful fruit, I still thought the Lord might have some things to say about it that I hadn’t thought about!—He always does! So I prayed and asked Him for His official “seal of approval” on the project, and here’s what He said:
Prophets of Praise!
30. (Prophecy, Jesus speaking:) Praise is the victory! Praise brings hope and strength! Praise brings light and life! Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord! Lift up your hands and praise the Lord! Lift up your voices and ring out songs of praise, words of praise, tongues of praise!
31. Oh, that My children would be children of praise! Oh, that they would constantly have a word and a song of praise in their hearts and on their lips! For when you are praising, then I can envelop you in My Spirit. It helps to ward off the attacks of doubts and fears and worries put on your mind by the Evil One. Praise brings great strength, because praise helps you to keep your mind stayed on Me. My people ought always to praise and not to faint, and not to become weary in well doing.
32. To help you to praise without ceasing, I want to teach you how you can praise Me with words that express your inner desires—using words of today, words of your language, words of your generation, words that will ring true in your heart, and words that will express how you feel. Teach My children that they can speak these words of praise to Me and that it will draw them closer to Me because it will help them to put into words the love that they feel for Me. It will be a declaration of their faith, their dedication, their single-mindedness, and their love. These words of praise will help them to articulate all that they feel inside, but which they have difficulty expressing.
33. So give My children today’s words of praise! Let Me inspire your channels with My Words and My thoughts and the things that I desire to hear from My children, and I will pour forth in great abundance and great variety. I long to teach My children how to praise Me from their hearts so that they might find greater joy and greater intimacy with Me.
34. I want them to see that they don’t have to be eloquent or sophisticated. I desire not that they speak to Me as if I am so far away. I don’t want them to feel that they have to weigh their words and be so careful, but I want them to see that they can speak their praise to Me in their own words, in their own language‚ and in a way that will mean the most to them. I long to give many examples so that they may see many ways to praise Me‚ so that they will be set free to praise and praise and praise to their heart’s content!
35. I long to free My children in every way! I long to give them freedom to love Me! I long to give My children such liberty, if they could just receive it and see it and believe it! So give them these praise prayers, these praise prophecies, these praise messages, these declarations, these pledges‚ these words of love to Me. Give and hold not back, for My children long to praise Me, but they need to be set free! They need an example. As you, My queen, have given them other examples of things to say in their love words or their words of consideration‚ so give them examples of words of praise‚ and from these examples they will grow and grow. They will find greater freedom, greater communication with Me‚ and greater anointing.
36. As your children learn to praise Me with more intimacy, with more freedom, with more frequency‚ so will they learn to communicate with Me more naturally. They will become more accustomed to constantly looking to Me, seeking My advice, seeking My words of instruction and thanking Me for their many blessings. This is all part of bringing your children into greater communication with Me. I want them to learn to love Me, to hear My voice, and to praise Me. So the more examples you can give, the better, for examples make the way plain and easy. Examples make the doorknob lower‚ so My children will be more willing to reach out and to open the door and to enter into the new world of the new day—a world of greater freedom, greater anointing, and greater communication with Me.
37. All of this works together, don’t you see?—Loving Me more, hearing from Me more, and praising Me more. All of this works together to bring your children into a closer walk with Me, these My lovely, lovely children of David! How I long for them to have a closer walk with Me! They are willing, they are desirous of this closer walk. It is their heart’s desire. It is their daily prayer, but they need instruction and guidance and an example. So freely give! Let your channels open their praise valves and I will abundantly pour forth words of praise, songs of praise, poems of praise, pictures of praise! There will be something for everybody!
38. Praise is so important! Praise is precious! Praise is valuable! Praise is the way of the Kingdom! Praise is the opposite of the way of the world. The Devil brings his people into bondage through fear and worry and contention and bitterness and murmuring. But I long to bring My children into freedom through praise and thanksgiving! So help them to open their eyes to their many, many blessings by helping them to articulate their praise, and this will bring Me such joy!
39. I find great pleasure in the praise of My children. Just as you find great pleasure in the compliments and praise of your lover‚ so do I find great joy in the praise of My Bride. As you praise Me for My blessings, for My supply, for My protection, for My words of love, for My guidance and instruction, so will I open the windows of Heaven and pour forth all these things in greater abundance!
40. Give My children the examples, the illustrations‚ and I will teach all My children to praise as never before! My people shall be known as a people of praise, prophets of praise. They will be a whirlwind of praise, beautiful and powerful in My sight! So think not that this is a small thing‚ for it is a great and powerful thing! This whirlwind of praise shall sweep the Earth, and in its wake will be showers of blessings! It will be a testimony to all who look upon My prophets of praise, that I honor and reward those who come to Me with praise and honor and glory. (End of prophecy.)
41. (Mama:) Hallelujah! Thank You‚ Jesus‚ our wonderful Lover and King and Husband and exciting Revolutionary! He’s more than we could ever hope or dream, and He’s got such wonderful things yet in store for us! Let’s all have a wonderful time loving and praising Him! I love you!
Yours‚ in His praise‚ Mama.
42. P.S. Since we wanted to get these praise prophecies out to you quickly and in a form which you could more easily use in your praise times, we took short excerpts from the full-length ones to present to you here! We’re printing them separately in boxes, like verses or precious promises, so you can cut them up for easier use if you wish. We’ll be publishing the full prophecies at a later date, Lord willing.
Mastering the Unbeatable Weapon of Praise
By MariaMaria #663 CM/FM 3471 9/03
1. Our Husband has again prepared a very special Feast for us! Wherever you are, united together with your mates and co-workers, Peter and I are with you in the spirit, as we and our WS Homes also set this time aside to partake together of all that our Lover has prepared for us. We’re praying for you‚ and please do pray for us and for the rest of your loved ones as well, that we can all make the most of this time and really benefit in the ways the Lord wants us to.
2. As the Lord has explained to us in past years‚ there’s something unique about the time of the Feast. It’s not simply that our schedules are so different than normal or that we set aside extra time for Word and the things of the spirit‚ although that’s part of it. It’s a time when really exceptional spiritual progress is available to each of us, when victories are easier to win‚ when the Spirit is more present and tangible and easier to partake of, when a special anointing of faith and grace is poured out for those who “jump in with both feet” to do whatever the Lord is asking of us at the time. We’re all united in obedience and sucking in the spirit, and it’s often a time when our Husband chooses to reveal new truths and revelations, and usually those new truths are accompanied by new challenges.
Leaping into the pool—instant obedience!
3. The Lord has emphasized so many times how much He blesses and rewards and makes it easy for us when we choose to obey when He first instructs us about something. During the Feast He almost always takes us to a new or higher level in our discipleship or gives us a new gift, and if we make the effort during the Feast to absorb and receive and practice what He’s giving us, it results in tremendous blessings and spiritual progress—in other words, it’s a much better expenditure of effort if we obey right now, because our efforts are multiplied by the Lord’s blessing for obeying immediately. That’s always the case when the Lord gives us something new. Now is always the time to do it, apply it, and live it!
4. I’m reminded of the story in John where the angel would stir the waters of the Pool of Bethesda at a certain season, and whoever was the first one into the pool after the water was stirred got healed.—Except in this case we are all “healed,” changed, cleansed, strengthened, and propelled forward in the spirit if we’ll take the leap into the pool when the Lord is stirring the waters. (See John 5:2-9.)
5. Peter and I pray desperately in the days before the Feast and during the Feast that we will all take full advantage of the moving of the spirit during this time‚ and make great progress and be strengthened in the ways the Lord knows we need to be. He’s a good, loving Husband, and He does His best to prepare us for what’s ahead, to lead us along step by step so that it’s easy for us to keep up. But it’s up to us to follow and obey, so that we are prepared.
6. Here are a few examples of the many times the Lord has clearly explained the spiritual principle of following through immediately on the counsel He gives.
The prime time for you to implement the Word and instruction that I have given in the GNs is at the time you read it. When I say to “implement My instruction now,” or to “get on board now,” or “start using this new weapon now‚” I’m speaking to you while you’re reading it, directly to your heart .
The spiritual principle is that I bless obedience. I bless you when you obey and implement what I show you—either personally or through the GNs—without delay. Those who obey and start moving in the direction that I’m leading right away receive a greater portion of My blessings. That’s not to say that if you’re a little slow on the draw you won’t receive My blessings at all. You will—and abundantly—but perhaps not quite as many blessings as the one who obeyed without delay.
Part of the benefit of obeying right away is that I make the implementation of My Word easier for you. Also, you receive the benefits of whatever it is that you’ve implemented right away. Whatever it is—learning to use a new weapon, making spiritual progress in your life, overcoming an NWO—it will be easier for you if you start right away. With many of My spiritual principles, the longer you wait to implement them, the harder it will be. (“Issues‚ Part 10,” ML #3397:67,69,70, GN 990).
You have entered a new era, an era where I expect more, and in return am giving you more. It is an era of miracles and wondrous rewards for those who are obeying and following Me completely.
You have gone from the practice range to competition, from basic training to spiritual combat. Rewards are given instantly to those who obey instantly. And by the same token‚ the loss will be felt instantly by those who hesitate. In the spirit world, things are moving faster. You have less time. The time for great and obvious demonstrations of My Spirit is right around the corner. In order for each person to be ready for those days, I’m stepping up the pace, and I don’t have time to wait around for those who are hesitant or unsure.
Yet this is My mercy. If I did not pick up the pace, no one would be ready for the more difficult, intense, fast-paced days of action you will face in the future. Now the results will come much more quickly—instantly‚ in some cases.
And so it is with [the] Feast messages. They are inspiring, thrilling; they rejoice your heart. But they are also much more than that. I will simply put forth the truth, and you who follow will be blessed more than you ever thought possible. My Words will remain there for those who hesitated, and in time‚ if they choose to follow‚ they will also be empowered and blessed. But it will never be as great or overwhelming as if they had chosen right then, at that moment, to come, drop everything‚ and follow Me in spirit. (“Focus on the Power,” ML #3374:5-8‚ GN 971).
It is a principle of My Spirit that those who obey instantly receive the greater blessing. Those who obey later will receive a measure of this gift, this reward, but the greatest rewards‚ the greatest measure, will go to those who follow Me without hesitation. It’s a principle of My Spirit. I bless and reward instant obedience‚ and you never know what you could be missing when you don’t obey when I call the first time. (“Full Possession,” ML #3376:57, GN 973).
Practicing with the weapon of praise
7. (Mama: ) This year the Lord’s instruction for us is centered around the spiritual warfare and our need to become more proficient in it. As you read in the introduction to the Feast, the Lord is focusing on two main aspects of our spiritual weaponry: Praise and the keys.
8. In this GN, and one other which we hope to get to you sometime soon after the Feast, the Lord has poured out some terrific new information about praise and how to use it more practically as an offensive weapon against the Enemy. The Lord has told us many times in the past how effective the weapon of praise is, but we haven’t really grasped it as much as we should have. We haven’t used it to its full potential.
9. There are so many things that hold us back from praising—our pride‚ negativity‚ self-consciousness, lack of thankfulness and appreciation, and simple laziness‚ to name just a few. We also haven’t had much practical, specific instruction about how to use the weapon of praise. So we asked the Lord to give us some instruction about how to use it practically, and He poured out abundantly, as usual!
10. Of course, praising the Lord is not rocket science—it’s simply being thankful to Him and putting it into words, song or action. But the key is that we have not done it consistently; we have not made it a habit, an integral part of our lives. The Lord did provide some new ideas that we can try‚ but the real secret to making praise a weapon is just in using it—praising no matter how we feel or what the circumstances look like. The Enemy hates it! He can’t stand it! But for some reason—probably many reasons—we’ve seriously neglected it. It’s not as much a part of our lives and spiritual weaponry as it should be.
11. So this year for our praise meeting to kick off the Feast, instead of joining Natalia in a written praise, we’re going to hear some of the ideas the Lord gives about how to make praise a more practical part of our lives, and then we’re going to practice them, right here and now! The idea is that if we can do them all together in a united meeting, hopefully it will start to become more normal, we can get over our hang-ups and self-consciousness or whatever holds us back, and we can keep doing it in our everyday lives. That’s the idea. So please keep that in mind as you do these simple exercises of praise, which aren’t anything too unusual or out of the ordinary‚ but because we haven’t made praising as great a part of our lives as it should be, they’ll probably seem a bit awkward or humbling. But that’s what we need to get over!
12. Remember, Peter and I and our WS Homes are doing this too. We’re all going to do the humble thing together! And as you know, using the new weapons is humbling! But remember the Lord’s very motivating promises about how those who jump in right away are blessed with an extra measure of anointing. Those of you who claim the keys of humility, unity, praise, and put everything you have into this time will be so glad you did. You will be rewarded not only now, but in the days to come‚ and as you work to make this instruction from the Lord a habit, it will be easier because you obeyed right away.
The link between humility and praise
13. Before we get into specific instruction about how to make praise a more practical part of our lives and spiritual weaponry, here is a message from Jesus about why it’s so important for us to make praise a part of our lives now, at this particular time in our history.
14. (Jesus:) You’ve heard many times that praise is a weapon against the Enemy. But a good many of you think of that weapon as being specifically useful if you’re battling negativity, discouragement, depression, murmuring, doubts, or one of the “negative” types of battles. Very few of you see much use for it in everyday life. But I want to open your eyes to see praise more as it really is in the spirit.
15. Praise is a weapon that defeats the Enemy in any battle. That’s right—any battle! It could be a battle of persecution, it could be a battle for My supply, it could be a battle for unity, it could be a battle for your children. It doesn’t matter what the attack or what the obstacle, praise is an extremely powerful weapon to set the Enemy back and bring victory.
16. And what’s more, praise is linked very closely with your use of the keys. Since you have neglected the weapon of praise all these years, if you hope to become proficient in the use of the keys‚ you’re going to have to pick up the weapon of praise now and learn how to use it, or else your best efforts will be found lacking. All of My new weapons link together. They strengthen each other and complement each other. Those who want to be miracle workers of the End, those who will be masters of the spiritual warfare, will be those who have learned how to use all the spiritual weapons in conjunction with each other, without neglecting any.
17. And I’ll let you in on another secret. As you know, all of My new weapons require humility. Some of them force you to do the humble thing when you use them; others will not be activated unless you are humble and are doing the humble thing. You know this, and many of you are actively working on overcoming your pride, and that’s great. I’m very proud of you. But praise is in many cases the secret to defeating your pride and doing the humble thing. As I have told you many times, humility is an essential ingredient if you wish to be effective in your use of the keys, heavenly thought power, prayer, etc. But what you might not have realized is that praise is often the lacking ingredient in putting on the garment of humility.
18. Praise will help tear down your pride and bring humility faster than almost any other effort you can make. Why? Because it’s acknowledging Me, it’s putting yourself in the place where you belong, and reminding yourself and everyone around you that I am the only one who is good‚ I am the one with the answers, I am the one with the power, I am the one who must bring all good things to pass! It’s like letting the light in, and the darkness is forced to flee. Instead of trying to beat your pride down and eradicate it, open a strong spiritual vacuum for My Spirit with your sincere praises to Me, and there will be no room for pride in your heart or spirit!
19. So for those very important reasons, and many more, praise as a weapon is essential for you to master at this stage of the battle—not just praise as a “self-help” technique to make you feel more positive, nor as a “rescue rope” when you’re sinking in negativity, but praise as an offensive weapon, used at all times to rout and defeat the Enemy.
20. One very great incentive for using praise, My loves, is that it’s a weapon that the Enemy cannot defeat. He is instantly pushed back and forced to retreat when you pull out the weapon of praise. It’s hard to imagine why you don’t use it more, after all the times I’ve told you this and explained it to you. But I know it’s hard on your pride‚ and you’ve also had a hard time knowing how to apply it practically and use it. And that’s what we’re going to cover now!
21. This is going to be a praise workshop‚ where I give you instruction and ideas about how to use praise effectively as a weapon, and then you take time to implement those ideas here and now‚ put them into practice, and see how they work for you. It will be humbling to use them, not only now but in the days following the Feast, but the more humble you are, the more powerful and effective you are as a warrior of the End, with the keys and all the other gifts I’ve put at your disposal! So‚ like vegetables, vitamins and vigorous physical exercise, exercise for your spirit (also known as battles), persecution, and opportunities to do the humble thing are GOOD for you! Amen? Are you ready? (End of message from Jesus.)
Put your all into praise!
22. (Mama: ) As a little review, here’s something we’re all probably aware of, but it’s a good reminder as we go into a praise meeting, and will help us set our personal participation level:
23. (Jesus) Praise is very similar to prayer, in that you get out of it what you put into it. If you’re just going through the motions of praise and not really praising Me with your whole heart, or you’re just saying those things in vain repetition like many Catholics with their “Hail Marys,” then this is not real praise. If you want to truly praise Me, then you must put your all into it. You have to seek out things that you’re truly thankful for and mean them. You have to make the praise a part of you and praise with your whole heart if you want it to carry real meaning and power.
24. It’s a matter of stirring yourself up in spirit, for the lazy spirit just goes through the motions‚ does the repetitive thing and whatever comes to mind first, but you who are seeking to truly praise Me, who want to thank Me for everything, will be My fresh‚ alive bride and praise Me with your whole being, with everything within you, and truly mean it!
25. So when you praise Me, seek to stir yourself up. Seek to please Me through your praises, to adore Me and to show Me how much you love Me. You may not be eloquent‚ but if your heart is one of thankfulness, if you’re seeking to praise Me in spite of everything and for everything, then your praise will be powerful and it will draw down power from Me. (End of message from Jesus)
26. Q: What does the Lord mean when He says, “put your all into it”?
27. (Jesus: ) Whatever is necessary in order for Me and your praises to Me to have your full focus and concentration, that’s what I mean by “all”! If you have a hard time concentrating on praise time‚ you might want to try doing something physically to help you focus on what you’re doing spiritually, and thus be more effective. Why waste the time? If you’re going to spend it, make it count! Find what works for you—and you’ll probably find that each situation is different. But whatever you do, be effective!
*Raise your arms in praise, either sitting or standing.
*Praise out loud, even if you’re alone.
*Sing a praise song, or sing your praise and ask Me to help you put it to music right then and there.
*Praise in tongues, and ask My Spirit to speak through you. Think about what you’re thankful for, and then let it well up in your heart and come out in the language of the spirit as you praise in tongues. Or sing in tongues‚ to a tune you know, or one that comes to you right then.
I would that My brides be willing to praise Me in a language of the spirit even if they don’t consider it a gift of tongues. Sometimes the gift of tongues is simply the gift of humility, to open your mouth and praise Me in what sounds to you like babble from a baby. Even if My brides don’t know if they have the gift of tongues, it’s a tremendous benefit to their spirit to humble themselves and start praising Me in another language—whether they feel they know the language or not—and then My Spirit falls and they truly do begin to speak with a heavenly tongue.
*Dance to music.
*Hug someone while you praise Me.
28. The options are limitless, but the point is to concentrate on what you’re doing and really make it count! Put your “all” into it! (End of message from Jesus)
End of text box.
Wreaking death and destruction on the Enemy’s empire through praise!
29. (Mama:) We asked the Lord for some specific examples and scenarios of how to use the weapon of praise. For example, when we’re praying for someone with a life-threatening illness or debilitating affliction, or for someone who is going through tremendous battles, how do we use the weapon of praise in our prayers for them? Or when we’re having prayer vigil, how should we use the weapon of praise? Or when we’re going about our daily activities and work, how do we use the weapon of praise? When we praise the Lord, we often default to saying, “Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord!” or we praise Him for sort of general things like the weather‚ the Word, the children—or whatever comes to our minds. Though this has its time and place, we knew there must be more to using the weapon of praise. We asked the Lord to tell us some of the ways He would like us to praise.
30. It’s important that we realize how intensely the Enemy hates our praises. I don’t think we’ve really grasped it or else we would have a lot more motivation to sock him one with our praises. If you don’t realize how much harm it does him, these suggestions for ways to praise sound like sweet little activities, and not like a weapon. But if we believe what the Lord has said about how much damage our praises do to the Enemy‚ that should give us more incentive—knowing that it’s not only making our Husband extremely happy, but it’s literally torturing the Enemy and his imps!
31. As a confirmation of that, and also a memorable word picture that we can visualize as we read the rest of the Lord’s counsel, here’s something that one of our staff members received when they were praying for someone who had a very bad headache.
(Note that our staff member wrote to the person who was suffering from the severe headache: )
32. While praying for you and against your headache, I saw a vision of an angel hovering by your shoulders as you worked. He was a lot taller than you, and his body and wings had an ethereal look (semi-see through and glowing) as he stood there. He was trying to block this “helmet” that some little imps were trying to clamp down on your head. I got that not only did this helmet feel heavy in the spirit and cause pain in the flesh, but that it also somehow served to cause blockages in the spirit and made it difficult for you to use your channel.
33. There were these two little imps trying to push it down, but it was almost comical seeing them pitted against this mighty warrior angel, who also seemed as if he was bound to you by default, like a guardian angel. As I was praying for you, I saw another angel arrive who looked just like him, and together they started to gain against the Enemy by lifting this heavy-looking metal helmet away from your head. There seemed to be the forces of many others praying for you at work as well, but the interesting thing is what happened next.
34. (Question: ) It seems like one mighty warrior angel would have been enough to prevail against any number of the Devil’s imps. Why did he need reinforcements?
35. (Jesus: ) It’s not that the first angel was not powerful enough. But angels and spirit helpers are bound by the laws of the spirit that I have put in place for this time. This angel who was assigned to lift the helmet and prevent the imps from winning the victory was only allowed to do so much. He was there to help and assist, but he had to wait on the prayers of My children before making even more progress in the battle. The prayers of others sent another angel and more power to his side. Along with your praises, and the prayers of your mates, they were then able to completely win the victory and send the demons far away‚ not to bother you anymore.
36. Do you see how the laws of the spiritual realm all work together? Your prayers and your praises have the power to do great and mighty things. And by the same token, when there is a lack of prayer and praise, the battle can be much more difficult for you, and for those assigned to help you and protect you, because they too are limited by the laws of the spirit. (End of message from Jesus)
End of text box.
37. The angels were already “gaining” in a way, by moving the helmet further away, but then I saw a force lift it up till the helmet and the demons were out of the way completely. Looking closer‚ I saw that this force emanated from your heart, which was glowing bright and red like a ruby. There were spirals of energy rising, and with them little sparkles like fireflies.
38. Then I heard the words “the key of praise” as you raised your arms and channeled this energy that your heart was producing upward. It was a very beautiful picture, and I felt so encouraged by this confirmation of not only the power of our prayers, but also the power of praise, and how together they turn the tide in the battle.
39. The following is what the Lord said after I typed the vision:
40. (Jesus:) I give to you, My brides, who know how to love Me intimately, this valuable and potent weapon of praise. Be not deceived by its radiant and beautiful appearance, for to the Enemy it is as if a thousand samurai swords had been unleashed upon him at once, cutting him to his very heart and severing any hold he might have on your heart or health, or any situation that concerns you. The very act of praising is not only beneficial to your spirit and uplifting to your heart, but it actually rejuvenates your body and causes great strength to flow through you. When you begin to praise, it’s as if your uplifted arms channel My power back down toward you, and your body receives energy that is not of this world.
41. Many times has this story been told‚ this “Battle of Uplifted Hands” (2 Chronicles 20:1-29). But if those involved could have seen in the spirit what was occurring‚ they would have known they had the advantage from the beginning. As soon as the singing and praising began, the spiritual realm began to rumble. As their hands were raised to Me, it was as if a circuit had been tripped‚ and power, like lightning, shot down to each one whose heart was full of praise toward Me. At that instant, the panic the opposing armies felt was caused by the demons and spiritual enemies of My children freaking out, for they were familiar with the power unleashed by the obedience and praise of My children, and they knew that they had no defense against this great power.
42. History recorded the rest, yet even now history is being written by you and your prayers and praises to Me. Let not your eyes be limited by the mere physical outcomes and manifestations of these acts‚ but look unto Me and lift your eyes to the heavenlies where I can show more fully the nature of these spiritual weapons and how they wreak death and destruction upon the Enemy’s empire like nothing you’ve ever seen! (End of message from Jesus.)
43. (Mama:) Praise the Lord! We not only want to make our Husband happy with our praises, and we not only need the blessings that praise brings, but we want to wreak death and destruction on the Enemy too!
Making praise a part of our everyday life
44. This next message is from Natalia, with some instruction and ideas that aren’t too unusual, but that we need to do more consistently!
45. (Natalia: ) The ways of praise are as myriad as the sands of the sea, as the stars of the heavens! They are as varied as the hearts of each soul that our Husband has fashioned. Praise to our King‚ Lover and Creator explodes from the very stones of the earth, and all creation is filled with praises that cannot be translated except by their Maker.
46. So our praises need to emerge from our hearts, as if they cannot be held in or else our hearts will burst with the force and power of our praise and thanks to our Husband! They must come from our hearts as the song from the throat of the songbird, almost with pain, but yet with such beauty and sweetness.
47. So, how do you translate these things into your everyday lives of prayer and praise, you ask? Praise is a way of life for us here in our Husband’s realm, so I want to share with you some of what we’ve learned that will help you to make it a way of life, too. Here’s a little list of some ideas for you:
48. * Our Husband loves music and song, and we praise Him continually with heavenly music and song which resounds everywhere here. You can praise Him with your singing, either out loud or silently singing in your heart to Him. He loves it either way.
49. * You can praise Him with beautiful, godly instrumental music, which inspires and lifts your soul and spirit to Him, praising Him through the music, with sentiments that are beyond words to express‚ but which the music expresses from your heart to His. (Jesus: For those who are in tune with Me and My Spirit, I give license to use System hymn music or other beautiful and praiseful instrumental music, and include it in this category of “godly.” There is Family instrumental music available on the Members Only site, and My brides can use this as well. As they do with everything else‚ they should first ask Me what My will is for them, and I will direct them to music that will both inspire their spirit and galvanize their praise.)
50. * You can praise Him by thanking Him for the very specific ways He has blessed you personally that very day or hour or moment, whatever you happen to be doing.
51. * Praise Him by giving a sincere praise or compliment to the person with whom you’re working or relaxing at that moment‚ thanking Him for that person.
52. * Praise Him by thanking Him for the way He has made you, even if it’s difficult for you to accept some things about yourself.
53. * Praise Him for the way His beauty and light shines through so much of creation—a rose or the smile of your child or the radiance of the sunset. Praising Him for the beautiful things that surround you will help you to search for them, even if they haven’t been obvious to you before.
54. These are just a start, but a good start! The ways of praise are many, as I said, and the more you practice praising‚ the more ways will open up to you, as you praise! (End of message from Natalia)
When you don’t feel like it
55. (Mama:) We asked the Lord about what Natalia said above, how our hearts should be so full of praise that they feel they’re going to burst. Probably most of us don’t feel those strong emotions most of the time, even when we’re having praise time. I think you’ll find the Lord’s answer very interesting, and it’s a good clue as to how we can make praise more a part of our lives all the time.
56. (Jesus:) I understand that there are times when you don’t feel very praiseful and thankful. There are times when you’re hurting or discouraged, when you’re sad or overwhelmed‚ and the last thing you feel like doing at those times is praising Me. It’s natural to have highs and lows in your emotions—that’s the way I made you.
57. But you must also remember that the Enemy tries to capitalize on those emotions and exaggerate them and get you to act on them when it would be in his favor. For example, when you don’t feel like praising Me, he’ll exaggerate those feelings and try all sorts of things to keep you from praising‚ because he knows that if you were to start, it would mean your victory and his end! Or when you do feel praiseful, he’ll use your pride to hold you back; he’ll remind you about what people might think, or how it might seem pretty uncool to praise Me right then, and he’s probably often successful in his attempts to keep you from praising Me!
58. So while I understand that it’s totally natural and human for you to many times not feel at all like praising Me, I still expect you to do it‚ and it’s not hypocritical. In those cases it’s simply obedience, and obedience brings on My blessings. Even if your praises don’t feel like they’re coming from your heart, because your heart is so sad or battling so much, if you’ll simply start, you’ll soon have real praises in your heart‚ and little by little the light will come back in and My Spirit will take over.
59. Now, there are other times when it’s not that you don’t really feel like praising for a specific reason; it’s just that praising Me with your whole heart requires work, and there are lots of habits that hold you back from doing it. You can say, “Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord,” pretty much without thinking‚ so it’s a much easier route to take. Maybe you’re busy or preoccupied, or just plain tired or feeling lazy. But at those times, it’s important to stir yourself up.
60. If you don’t feel praises bursting from your heart, start praising anyway out of obedience. But really think about what you’re saying. Really think about your blessings, about all that I’ve given you and done for you. If nothing else, think about all that could be going wrong that isn’t, and praise Me for that. Soon you’ll start to feel the praise bursting from your heart‚ as you sincerely think about all the good I have done for you. That’s what Natalia is talking about. She wants you to stir up those feelings of thankfulness to Me. If you don’t have them to begin with, that’s okay. It’s human nature to take good things for granted, and sometimes it’s a bit of work to remember the good; you almost have to force yourself. But once you start remembering the good and praising Me for it, then the feelings of thankfulness will well up within you. The more you praise, the more you’ll find to praise Me about, until it becomes a way of life, a lifestyle change, which changes everything for you in the spirit, and also in the physical. You will feel the results of this, I promise. (End of message from Jesus.)
61. (Mama:) Before continuing, let’s take time to practice at least two of the suggestions that Natalia gave above. Put into action the instruction the Lord gave about starting even if you don’t feel like it, but then continuing until you feel the sincere thankfulness and praise in your heart!
(Pause:) Pick two of the ideas Natalia gave and do them together.
Be specific in praise—and more tips
62. Following is some more specific counsel from our wonderful Husband about how we can not only be more effective in our times of praise, but also enjoy them more. The Lord understands that it can get rather boring or routine after a while if we’re always doing the same old thing, and He offers some solutions that I think will really help‚ if we do our part of putting our whole heart into our praises to Him. He also gives some tips as to how to use praise more in our prayer vigils, as we’re already consciously fighting for victories at that time, and we could employ praise much more as an offensive weapon against the Enemy!
63. (Jesus: ) Try to be as specific as possible when you praise Me. This really helps you to focus and actually enjoy the praise. When you’re being hit hard by the Enemy, you won’t feel like praising at all, much less praising Me for specific blessings, but it’s at times like this when you need to step out by faith and kick the Enemy in the rear. It will be his rear, because as soon as you start praising Me he’ll be running like crazy!
64. Another reason to be specific is for your own edification and that of those around you. For example, if you’re praying for someone who is very sick and in need of a miracle, praise helps lift the spirit and helps strengthen the sick person. Tell Me, “Thank You for the miracle of healing and how You’ve shown Your power again and again.” You can also throw in an acclamation of faith by saying, “You are almighty and all-powerful, and so we have perfect faith in Your ability to answer when we call.” This is both a prayer and a praise, because you are both acknowledging My power and requesting its use.
65. For prayer vigil, it’s important that you try to make your praises and your prayers interesting, in order to help avoid the monotony that can arise from having prayer vigil on a daily basis. Praising Me is the perfect way to add variety to your prayer vigil, either on your own or in a group. It also helps you get stirred up in the spirit, filling your mind with Me and My miracle-working power, rather than the business of the day.
66. Try to think of specific and unique topics for which to praise Me. Make them as specific as possible and you’ll find that praising is actually a lot of fun. For example‚ if you’re knowledgeable about gardening, praise Me for specific flowers and why you enjoy them. If you’re the kind of person who loves a good meal‚ praise Me for the foods I’ve created for you that you enjoy so much. If you have children‚ praise Me for the traits they have that tend to put a smile on your face.
(Pause:) Take time to praise the Lord for something specific and unique.
67. (Jesus continues:) In situations like daily prayer vigil‚ sometimes your praises don’t even have to be directly related to your prayer requests—or at least not right away. Once you actually get down to praying, you can praise Me for the things that relate more to your prayers. Make praising Me a primary part of prayer vigil, and you’ll find those times are fruitful and thoroughly enjoyable.
68. But don’t stop there. Praising doesn’t always have to be a part of prayer—it can be something practiced throughout the day while you’re working, talking, playing, or whatever. You should be integrating it into your conversations so that it just comes naturally—even when you find yourself discussing negative issues. In fact, praise is often the missing ingredient in such conversations that would bring the balance and solutions and wisdom you seek.
69. For example, if you’re discussing vehicle problems with someone‚ why not interject, “Thank You, our faithful Protector, that we haven’t had more accidents on the road.” Or if you’re discussing the children’s NWOs during a childcare meeting, then at various opportunities remind yourself and those around you of the children’s gifts and positive traits by praising Me for them. In situations like this, praise lifts your spirits and also keeps you on a positive track, so that your decisions aren’t affected by negative thoughts or feelings of discouragement or frustration.
70. Try to bring the power of positive praise into everything you do, and you’ll find that it really does make a difference. (End of message from Jesus.)
(Pause:) Use the various scenarios that come with the cut–up sheet for this meeting, pass them around, and have volunteers take one and put this principle of specific praise in potentially negative conversation scenarios into practice. (Note: These scenarios are also listed below‚ for future reference or use.)
Scenarios on cut-up sheet:
(Jesus: ) Some of these scenarios might seem humorous when acted out, and that’s okay. Part of praising Me and glorifying Me is sometimes being willing to have a good laugh at yourself and the funny situations you find yourself in, realizing that only I can help you, get you out of them, or even give you the grace to look at them positively. Anything good is all Me—and you don’t have to worry about them, or get uptight, intense or frustrated. When you find yourself in these kinds of situations, the best reaction you can have is starting to praise Me, and in so doing, you’ll get yourself right out of whatever trap the Enemy was trying to lay for you!
So I don’t mind if these things strike you as funny and you laugh—whether as you act them out now or when they happen in real life. As long as you’re doing it in an attitude of sincere praise to Me, that’s the most important thing—to practice praising Me in situations where you really wouldn’t feel like it normally. So do the humble thing‚ My loves, and praise Me through it all, and I will bless it, and it will strengthen your spirit. (End of message from Jesus)
(Scenario for two people; pick a buddy:)
*You’re the CC teamworker and a parent, discussing a longstanding challenge of potty–training one of the children, after they’ve just had their fifth accident that morning and there are no more clean clothes.
(Scenario for two people; pick a buddy:)
*You’re a witnessing team that has had a trying day, and you’re trying to decide where to go from here for the last hour before you go home.
(Scenario for one person: )
*You’re the kitchen overseer, and you come in at the end of free day to find a total disaster in the kitchen; the people on dishes obviously didn’t do their job or didn’t do it well, and you’re tired and on the verge of tears.
(Scenario for two people; pick a buddy:)
*You’re members of two different Homes, discussing how to divide the provisioning contacts and areas in your city‚ and how to coordinate your efforts to resolve the conflicts that have come up.
71. (Jesus continues:) You need to avoid allowing praise to become mundane and unnecessarily repetitive. Sometimes you might feel that you can’t pray properly unless you’ve first chanted, “Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord” a few times‚ and unfortunately you’re probably right. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with those words‚ because they are praises to Me, but do you really mean what you’re saying or has praising Me become a vain repetition? Do those words automatically come out of your mouth without you really thinking about what you’re saying? Well, it’s good that at least some form of praise is ingrained in your habits. But really, these repetitious “Thank You Jesus” phrases might be closer to an empty religious chant, and may be robbing you of good, quality praise time.
72. When you’re actually praising Me for something specific, it’s so much more edifying for you, so much more effective against the Enemy‚ and makes Me so much happier. It might take a bit of getting used to for some of you, but it’s so worth it. Consider the difference between the following two prayers before a trip:
73. Prayer one: “Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Lord. Thank You, Jesus. We love You, Jesus. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Lord. Jesus, please protect us on the roads and give us a safe, enjoyable trip. We claim the keys of protection at every turn.”
74. Prayer two: “You’re so good to us‚ Jesus‚ and we’re thankful for the many blessings that surround us. Thank You for Your protection and safekeeping. We claim it right now as we travel. We claim the keys of protection at every turn.”
75. Of course, I’ll honor your prayer request either way because you asked Me and claimed My keys. But the second prayer is so much more powerful in the spirit. It brings down My Spirit on you as a blessing, and it also protects and surrounds you and drives away any potential attacks of the Enemy. It gives you greater faith and confidence in Me, which enables Me to do more for you when you ask. It also accomplishes another purpose—it makes Me very, very happy that you’re thankful for all the times I’ve protected you. It’s also a more inspiring and edifying prayer all around and is a wonderful witness of your love for Me. It reminds others around you that I am able to protect and keep you.
76. Now‚ what if, in the above example, everyone was also praising Me simultaneously and specifically‚ rather than throwing out a volley of “Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord” phrases at the beginning of the prayer? One person could be saying, “Thank You, Jesus, for the vehicle.” Someone else might say, “You’re the greatest, Lord!” Then, perhaps another person decides to praise Me for something I supplied the day before. On and on the list goes. Now that’s what I call using prayer time wisely!
(Pause:) Take a moment to all lift your hands in praise to the Lord, but instead of saying the regular “Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord,” thank the Lord for specifics, but all at the same time.
[Note: If OCs are present, they can be excused momentarily while the next two paragraphs are read and the exercise takes place.]
77. (Jesus continues: ) If you can start being more specific in your praises, then that’s a terrific baby step. Once you’ve realized you shouldn’t praise Me in a monotonous way, it’s time to start being even more specific. Here are just a few examples of what you can do.
78. Try talking to Me as if you’re talking to a lover‚ telling him or her about their positive traits and how they bring you happiness and pleasure. You’ll probably use this more in your personal prayer times or intimate times of loving Me with someone else, or in groups when there are no children present.
(Pause: ) Take a moment of silent praise time to tell our Husband something you love about Him and His personality. Tell Him something that is significant to you personally.
79. (Jesus continues:) Praise Me for the things of the spirit, and try to be specific about why you appreciate them. Why are you thankful for the key of protection? What does a certain spirit helper do that you appreciate? Why are you thankful for a certain spiritual weapon? You can use this type of praise in public before saying a prayer, and then call on that very same weapon, key, or spirit helper in your prayer.
80. Don’t neglect other forms of praise, such as reading praises from the Word and singing songs. These other forms can be very edifying if you really look at them as praises and are thinking of Me and praising Me in your mind at the same time.
(Pause: ) Sing a song together as a praise to the Lord—whether a cappella, singing along with a tape, or someone playing an instrument. Lift your voices together in praise to our Husband!
81. (Jesus continues:) When fighting in prayer, use praise boldly as a weapon of war. Tell the Enemy that you’re about to praise Me for something, and then attack. Flaunt your weapons of the Spirit in Satan’s face, while thumbing your nose at him, knowing that he’s outgunned and it’s really going to hurt him!
82. Here’s an example. Let’s say you’re asking for united prayer against pride. Someone has already prayed for you, and now it’s your turn to pray for yourself. You might try beginning the prayer like this: “Lord, we know that humility before You is the best weapon against pride, so I’m going to use it in conjunction with praise right now in order to thwart the attack of the Enemy. You’re going to really get it now, Satan! Thank You, my darling Jesus, for the power of humility and that I am nothing before You and that You are everything to me! Thank You that I’m so weak‚ because it means I must depend on You! I praise You for Your strength in me‚ and Your power to destroy the evil works of the Enemy who has been trying to attack me through pride!” You may even want to step up the attack by lifting your hands and praying in tongues.
(Pause: ) Pass around a few of the general prayer requests from the cut-up sheet, and several people practice putting this praise weapon technique into action!
Prayer requests on the cut-up sheet:
*For fruitful witnessing, good follow-up, and widespread distribution of the Lord’s message and tools.
*For finances for the Family worldwide.
*For our former members, whether favorable‚ indifferent, or apostate.
*For our pregnant mothers: health, strength, supply, safe deliveries, and happy, healthy babies.
*For the boards and board members worldwide.
*For strength, encouragement and anointing for all our wonderful teachers and childcare workers.
83. (Jesus continues:) The Enemy can’t stand up to the power of praise—especially when it’s used in conjunction with the other weapons of the spirit and the keys of the Kingdom. There are many other ways you can incorporate praise—ways that will be particularly effective for you personally. So keep asking Me and I will show you.
84. Note that I’m not just talking about making praise meetings more interesting. This is a personal thing and should be part of your daily prayers, both personal and united, and really, it should be a part of your life in general—your conversations, your thoughts, your habits. When it becomes part of your thoughts, part of your conversations, when your first reaction (or closely thereafter) becomes pulling out the weapon of praise to sock the Enemy a good one, then you’ll know you’re becoming one of My heroes of the spirit and really doing damage to the Enemy! And I’ll guarantee you that by that time‚ your personal quality of life and that of your Home will have improved as well. Praise is the all-around undefeatable weapon! Use it! (End of message from Jesus.)
More on being specific in praise
85. (Mama:) Here’s some more very interesting instruction from our Husband on the idea of changing our habit from the regular “Thank You, Jesus” at the beginning of prayer to more specific praises. He gives more insight into the benefits‚ and also how to apply this counsel.
86. (Jesus:) Most of you have been accustomed to using the same three or four phrases in your times of praise before and after prayer for a long time, and for many of you it will be very difficult to change this habit.
87. Let Me clarify some of the benefits of changing this habit. When your praise consists entirely of “Thank You, Jesus! Thank You‚ Lord,” you’re not actually doing anything wrong, because I know your heart and that the reason you are saying these phrases is to get into the spirit and to praise Me. If you continued doing this for the rest of your life you would continue to have fruitful prayer times according to the effort you put into them, and your sincere praises would please Me. However, My point in bringing up this issue is to help you to make the most of your time of praise‚ to become more effective in using praise as a weapon against the Enemy, and to have fun doing it.
88. Using the usual praises is sometimes more akin to speaking in tongues. You’re often not really thinking of specific reasons why you’re thanking Me when you say each “Thank You, Jesus,” but you’re almost subconsciously praising Me in general for all your blessings. This is not wrong and is still edifying to a certain degree as long as you’re actually thinking about praising Me. But the drawback is that because it’s a habit, you can easily say it without really thinking about it or focusing your heart and spirit; you can even let your mind wander and still “keep up with the crowd,” and in that case it doesn’t really do much—either for Me or for you.
89. Another real pro to becoming more specific in your habit of praise is that, as you know, I love to hear specific praises, just as I love to hear explicit love words and detailed prayers. The more specific you are, the more effective you will be‚ and this same principle applies to praise.
90. So if you want to make Me happier than ever‚ I recommend you try to put a bit more into your times of praise. It will benefit you‚ too! I know it’s going to be difficult to break the habit of using the same praise phrases you’re so used to, and if it’s too distracting for you to have to be constantly thinking about not using them, then you should continue to praise Me as you have been, but you can still try to intersperse your praises with some specific words. For example, you could say‚ “Praise You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord! Thank You for answering our prayers. Thank You, Jesus! You’re such a wonderful Lover! We love You, Jesus!”
91. I think you’ll find, however, that once you get started really focusing on what you’re saying, and bringing lots of variety into the things you thank Me for‚ it won’t be that distracting. Sure, it will take some time to break the habit of just launching into the same things you’ve said for years. But focusing on breaking the habit means that you’re going to be thinking more about your praises to Me, which means you’ll benefit personally from that time so much more. I think you’ll be happy with the results, even though it might initially take a bit of work and time to get used to it. And remember, the goal is not to never say, “Thank You, Jesus” again, but rather to include as many specifics as possible.
92. This more specific method of praise can be applied when praising Me either on your own, in small groups, or even in large meetings. You may wonder if it would be confusing or even distracting for everyone to be praising Me for different things all at the same time, but you’ll find it’s not, because you’re still all praising Me together in unison‚ and whether you’re saying “Praise the Lord” or “Thank You for so many blessings,” you’re very much in unity. In fact, it works out better this way, because as you hear others praise Me specifically‚ you will be reminded of blessings for which to praise Me.
93. Here’s a scenario: A brother named Mark is sitting next to a sister named Jane during a Home meeting and everyone is praising the Lord before prayer:
94. Jane: “Thank You Jesus! Praise Your name! I love Your sweet Words! You’re so good to us!”
95. Mark: “I praise You, Lord! I praise and thank You for all the blessings You give us so freely! You supply our every need.”
96. Jane: “Yes, Lord‚ thank You so much for Your abundant supply! I love You with all my heart!”
97. As you can see, Jane happened to overhear Mark praising Me for supply, and so Jane was able to join in for a second. Overhearing someone else may or may not happen during a united meeting, but when it does happen, it can further enhance your praise and bring even greater unity.
98. I truly wish for you to enjoy your times of praise. Though it’s true that you must sometimes praise Me when you don’t feel like it, it’s even better if you really do feel like it. I want you to look forward to praying, because you know you’ll have the opportunity to praise Me very specifically beforehand. It can be fun, spiritually uplifting, and even a bit challenging to take the time to tell Me how thankful you are for Me and exactly why.
99. Specific praise makes Me so happy, just like it makes a wife or husband happy to receive specific compliments from their spouse. It’s good for our marriage and brings happiness to both you and Me. (End of message from Jesus.)
More practical tips on praise
100. (Jesus: ) Praise is an underused weapon because you don’t avail yourself of its true power and you don’t fully understand how it works. In truth on this earth you will never grasp the immensity of how wonderful it is and how it moves My hand‚ but as you step out to use it more, I’ll show you more. I know you feel you’re weak in praise, and while that is true‚ the real issue is that you simply need to activate it inside of you more.
101. I have put in each man a desire to praise that needs to be awakened. Just as I have put a need for Me in every man, so I have also put in him the need to give reverence and show gratitude and praise. Those who do are blessed, and those who do so daily and frequently are blessed even more. So let your inner praises spring forth! You wonder how to do this?
102. One way is by tongues. The Family has moved away from speaking to Me in tongues, and while it’s not an essential gift, it nevertheless expresses your heart’s praise, and so it’s important that when praising Me you don’t leave out that very important part. When you speak in tongues, your heart is expressing all the things you want to say to Me but don’t know how to say. Your spirit brings to remembrance the wonderful things that I’ve done for you, things you might have forgotten to praise Me for consciously, but your spirit remembers and gives thanks. It also exercises your humility, because it is humbling to speak in tongues.
(Pause:) Take a few minutes to praise the Lord in tongues. Remember what the Lord said earlier about thinking about all the things you’re thankful for, and then expressing them in the language of the spirit, however it comes out. Tongues is a language of the spirit, and whether or not it sounds eloquent or flowing to us, it’s beautiful to Jesus. So the main thing about speaking in tongues is that your heart and spirit is focused on praising our Husband. Call on the keys of humility and praise, and then let it flow! It doesn’t matter what comes out, because the Lord understands it and loves it!
103. (Jesus continues:) While it is beautiful to My ears to hear your regular praises that you’ve been in the habit of saying, at times you default to just saying “praise the Lord” and “thank You Jesus” out of habit. Habit takes over rather than a true attitude of praise. To really move yourself, you must open your heart and focus on what you are thankful for, on your blessings, on My goodness, on your praise!
104. Praise for many of My children of David has merely become an opener to asking for something they want, and not a true expression of thankfulness and praise. If you stir yourselves up to remember My goodness, My many blessings to you, My love for you, then true praises from your heart will flow forth.
105. Something that would help you to have more joy, life, and fire in your praises is to pray for a refilling of the Holy Ghost. She will help you break free from the bonds that hold you down and keep you back from all that I would like to pour out on you. Your praises open the door for Me to pour out My blessings upon you, so if you’re feeling a lack‚ maybe it’s because you haven’t opened the door sufficiently in the spirit through praise.
(Pause:) Pray together for a refilling of the Holy Spirit. Claim verses and key promises as you lay hands on each other‚ and then lift your arms in praise to our Husband, creating a vacuum for the Holy Spirit to fill!
106. (Jesus continues:) Praise is not just for My benefit. It also brings you many benefits. As you praise, you prompt yourself to remember all the things that I do and have done‚ and that gives you the faith when you pray to really get the answers. Your faith can move a mountain, but before you lift anything so heavy, you must warm up, like any athlete who is preparing to run. To prepare, he goes through the different warm-up routines he has learned‚ the stretching or limbering up. The same goes for you and moving mountains in the spirit—the routines you have learned are the miracles you have witnessed Me accomplish in your life, and as you praise and acknowledge Me for those, it builds your faith and helps you to believe and understand what I am about to do for you. It’s one of the ways you can focus your prayers more as well, and all of this helps you to have more faith and gets you in the habit of praising more. In this way you can “look back down that rugged mountain road and see you are really getting somewhere,” as your David said. Praise builds your faith.
107. Each of you has a spirit helper that guides you in praise. They help you to praise and remind you to praise, but the way they work can be likened to a battery. The more you praise, the more they are charged, and the longer they can run without recharging, and the more output they can have. You need to increase your praise output in order to increase their output back to you.
108. (Jesus:) Your praise angels take you where you’re at. They try to help you no matter what stage you’re at in learning to praise. But the more you want to praise and are open to praising, the more they can help you remember and even give you the words to say to help you feel more eloquent and expressive in your praise. They will help give you ideas to make it more interesting and effective. So in that sense, they are like a battery that you charge with your desire and your obedience to step out and try. And the more you do that, the more power they have to help you make even more progress and remember and be more effective in your praises, and even enjoy your times of praise more. (End of message from Jesus)
End of text box.
109. Praise is so much like electricity. When the batteries are charged or the generators are running, then there’s a plentiful supply of power. But weak batteries or faulty generators cause the lights to go out. If you don’t actively praise and focus, then not enough spiritual oomph will be generated to push your prayers through to answers. This is simplistic, but it shows you how praise works and how you can get more and better answers by praising.
110. You must seek out your praise angel or angels. You must ask them how you can help them to help you, so that your praises are activated and your prayers are pushed along to answers. Claim a refilling of the Holy Ghost, not just today, but whenever you need it and are feeling a bit dry. According to your praise be it unto you! (End of message from Jesus.)
111. (Mama:) Isn’t it interesting what the Lord said about our praise angels? In an upcoming GN I’ll share with you what the Lord told me about my personal praise angels when I asked Him. It’s something you should ask the Lord personally as well, so that you can learn to work with your praise angel or angels, be aware of their nudges and help, and benefit fully from this powerful weapon of praise that we have access to!
What’s holding you back?
112. We asked the Lord if there was anything else He wanted to tell us about praise--any specific demon that hinders us from praise, or whether it’s just our own nature that hinders us and holds us back. We have neglected the weapon of praise, and now that the Lord has given us all this counsel about it, we’re accountable. So I really wanted to find out anything we needed to know. Naturally, we know we should pray against pride, and the spirit of Lethargy, and Pan, and there might be others as well who specifically hinder you in this area. You should ask the Lord. But His answer regarding what most often holds us back was very interesting, and also encouraging. Dad always said that it’s our own spirits that we have the most trouble with‚ Lord help us!
113. (Jesus: ) It’s just human nature to be lazy, to want to be comfortable, to avoid things that are uncomfortable. Praising can be, and usually is, uncomfortable initially, both physically and spiritually. You have to stir yourself up; it requires effort. It’s humbling. It’s not always looked on as a cool thing to do. It kills your pride, and that’s certainly uncomfortable for the moment.
114. But you must decide whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. I’ve told you a lot about the benefits‚ but really, you should just try it yourself. Throw yourself into a praise revolution, seek Me about what’s holding you back, make commitments to change, and then praise Me at every opportunity, and see if it doesn’t completely transform your life—physically, spiritually, emotionally‚ in every way!
115. The victories you’ve been seeking and searching for will come easier and faster. The troubles you’ve had will fall into perspective, and the solutions will be clearer. You’ll be happier, you’ll have more joy in living, more fulfillment and happiness in all you do. When you sit down to hear from Me, the answers will come easier. You’ll grow to be more humble, and so you’ll have greater access to the power of the keys, heavenly thought power, and all My spiritual gifts. You’ll relate better to others because you’ll have more love and more of My perspective. Your emotions will be more balanced, you’ll roll with changes better, you’ll adapt more easily to what I ask of you. That’s just the tip of the iceberg of positive changes that praise brings, not to mention the bonus of receiving My blessings in much greater measure for your obedience, and because of the vacuum that praise creates in the spirit for Me and My blessings.
116. But you’ll simply have to try it‚ My loves. If you do, if you’re sold, the things that hold you back will seem insignificant. They won’t be huge mountains, they’ll be little tiny bumps that you just step right over with grace and ease. But it’s up to you to be convinced, and it’s up to you to want the change, and do whatever is necessary to bring about that change. If you do, you won’t be disappointed! (End of message from Jesus.)
117. (Mama: ) How’s that for a sales pitch! Everything will improve as we use the weapon of praise. Now it’s up to us to follow through and obey. “Claim the keys for the changes you want to see, and I will grant you the victories you desire!”
With love in our magnificent, awesome, totally wonderful Husband, Mama
(Jesus:) Remember, My loves, that with this new information and counsel about how to make praise a weapon, it is the era of accountability, and you will feel the results of your obedience!
End of text box.
Key promises on praise
(These are all in the new “Key Promises” booklet, coming soon.)
Claim the keys and you will have the courage to praise Me and acknowledge Me before others‚ to love Me and honor Me with your lips.
I will take away self-consciousness and embarrassment as you claim the keys of personal abandonment, so you can sing and praise and lift your arms to Me in humility.
You possess freedom over discontentment and depression as you hold up the keys turned to swords and strike the Enemy back with praise and positiveness.
The keys can change your mindset, giving you a totally positive and praiseful mindset.
Praise is a key that unleashes an ocean of My spiritual power, which can engulf and wash away any of the Enemy’s obstacles.
Praise is one of the keys to victory. This key can not only draw you closer to Me, but it can be turned into a sword to cut the Devil to the heart!
According to your praise you will be filled with the hot gold magic power of the keys!
Call on the keys of praise to help you see the good even when you don’t feel like it, and you will be making use of one of the most important spiritual weapons in your arsenal.
Use the powerful, dynamic approach of praise and calling on the keys, which the Devil hates and cannot resist, and you will see mighty miracles.
When the Enemy holds up a list of your lacks‚ failings, and weaknesses, slam the door in his face by praising Me and claiming the power of the keys, and he will be forced to flee.
When you feel too weak and discouraged to praise, call on the power of the keys to give you the strength, and as you praise‚ you will gain the victory.
While you’re praising Me and claiming the power of the keys, you won’t be able to think about anything negative and the Devil won’t be able to lie to you.
When you’re having problems, sing, shout, praise Me, and claim the keys of rising above! The Devil will have to flee, because you’re resisting him with the power of praise and actively fighting against him with a force that he can’t beat!
Praise‚ prayer, the Word and the keys will sustain not only your spiritual life, but also your physical life.
Keep your eyes off yourself and your situation‚ and on Me and the keys. Praise Me even when you don’t feel like it, and I will take care of the situation and bring about “Romans 8:28” even from the most trying circumstances.
Call on the keys for power and victory in every situation‚ and then praise Me for answering.
Claiming the keys and praising Me is just what you need to lift you out of the pit which the Devil is trying to cast you into!
Praise Me with your whole heart, and by the power of the keys I will work miracles on your behalf.
The keys of praise and rising above are connected, and when activated, create a powerful combination to defeat the Enemy.
Praise, call on the keys, and then watch Me perform! It’s a winning combination that never fails!
You will feel the power of the keys—steady and confident, strong and unbeatable—as you praise Me and let your voice glorify Me. Whenever you feel discouraged or worried, bring on the power of the keys through your words of faith and praise. The keys rush to those who honor Me and glorify My Name.
When you praise Me, thank Me, and actively show your gratitude and thanks, I am compelled out of love to turn the keys of My supply and open to you the vaults of heavenly riches.
End of File
Art of War, The–Part 2
Table of Contents
- Learning endurance
- How can you build endurance?
- Going further and holding out longer
- Build your faith
- What is that to thee?—Follow thou Me!
- Claim the keys of endurance
- Sometimes it’s part of your testimony for Me
- Find out how you should be fighting
- Find out how much of the battle is My will for you
- Find out what the victory is that I want you to fight toward
- Give each battle your all
- Define the battle and the victories you’re striving for
- Faith is the victory!
- Weapon focus: Praise!
- Thankfulness technique
- Smoke-screen technique
- Praising for what I will do
- Celebrate your discipleship!
- More on how to use praise as an offensive weapon against the Enemy
- The how-tos of encouraging others with praise
- How to bring praise into serious situations
- More on the spiritual power of praise
- More practical applications of how to win battles with praise
- The benefits of using praise right away
- Learning to use praise at the very beginning of any attack
- Give Me full control of the battle through your praises
- Put skin on it!
- Helpers you can call on!
- The Victory Squadron
- New key promises on praise
- Letter links
- Spirit Helpers of Praise
GN 1131 FD/MM/FM
By Maria FD/MM/FM 3533 3/05
When you feel you cannot continue in your position for another minute, and all that is in human power has been done‚ that is the moment when the enemy is most exhausted, and when one step forward will give you the fruits of the struggle you have borne.
—Sir Winston Churchill
1. Welcome to another lesson with our Commander in Chief on the art of war! Through this instruction the Lord is helping us to change our attitudes from being defensive to going on the offensive. It probably hasn’t been an overnight change for you, and you’re probably still working hard to build these new habits the Lord is instructing us in. We’re going to have to consciously work to make these changes. But with time, you’re going to become very effective in your fight against the Enemy, very skilled in using your spiritual weapons.
2. One thing we need to learn in order to be good fighters is endurance. Not all battles are won the minute you start fighting them, even if you are fighting correctly.
3. We have someone in one of our WS Homes who has been very sick over the last year. The Lord revealed the spiritual entities that were fighting her—Drought and Irrazzmon, as well as the spirit helpers who would defeat them, Almathor and Elixor. We have been praying against the demons and claiming the assistance of her heavenly helpers, and she has been learning a lot about becoming a fighter. But, like many others who are fighting long-term illness, she has also had to endure.
4. There are many situations similar to this where the Lord uses battles that continue for a time to teach you a lot. When you’re going through it, it seems very long. But by the end of the battle, you’re a much better fighter, you’ve got a lot of experience under your belt, and usually you wouldn’t trade that for anything. But getting there is difficult! You have to endure. And when you’re in the heat of battle, you just want to escape. You want it to be over and done with. You want peace.
5. When we were seeking the Lord about what He wanted to share with us next in the realm of becoming offensive fighters, He said:
6. (Jesus:) Before you‚ My proactive fighters, get too much further in your advanced war training, I want to remind you that not all victories are going to be quick. Even if you’re giving it all you’ve got, really fighting well and using all the weapons in your arsenal, sometimes the battles last a while‚ and that’s not necessarily because you’re failing or falling short.
7. Sometimes it’s because I want to use the prolonged battles to strengthen you. Sometimes it’s a test of faith. Sometimes there are other precious lessons that I want you to learn from that time—lessons on compassion‚ understanding, humility, dependence on Me. Sometimes I use heavy and protracted battles to bring things back into focus in your life and help you realign your priorities, and thus be much more fruitful overall.
8. You have to fight, you have to give it your all, but you also have to pray for endurance and not give up when the victories aren’t quick and easy‚ because they won’t always be.
9. So before any of you, My fighters, get overly idealistic about the battles, having learned some new fighting techniques, I want to remind you that using these techniques doesn’t mean the battles will always vanish or be over quickly. You will be much more victorious than you have been—even if it means being victorious in the midst of battle. You will make a lot more spiritual progress. You will be strengthened through the battles rather than weakened. And when it’s My time to give you big victories, you will be doing your part and you will be in position to receive them. But victories won’t always be quick, and that’s just a part of a soldier’s life.
10. That’s the trick: learning to have a fighting, proactive attitude, fighting to win‚ and yet not getting discouraged when the battles keep coming. That’s taking on the true mentality of a fighter, and that’s when My purpose is accomplished and fulfilled through you.
11. (Mama:) We asked the Lord to give us some counsel on how we can learn to endure. What are the keys to having and building up endurance? What are some tips to make it easier? How can you tell the difference between when you’re not fighting effectively and need to change your fighting style, and when you’re doing all you can and just need to keep fighting and pray for endurance?
12. (Jesus: ) Ah, endurance! How I love it when My brides hold on through tough fights, refusing to quit even when it seems there is no victory in sight. My heart thrills to the courage of those who continue to fight tenaciously through battles, trials, difficulties, attacks, or sicknesses, even though the victory sometimes does not seem to come.
13. Endurance is the ultimate in faith. Endurance is saying to Me that although you don’t see My answer yet, you know that it is coming and you will last as long as needed until I finally deliver you.
14. But one thing no one ever said about endurance was that it was easy. No one has ever been born a master of endurance. The tenacity to stick it out through pain and anguish and to fight through hard battles toward a goal is a skill that is developed through practice, hard work, prayer, and wielding your weapons through lots of difficulties and hardships. You need a steel will that will persevere in prayer, claiming the keys of clear vision to help you see the end result and refuse to give up before you obtain the blessing.
15. Why is this skill so important, you might wonder? The skill of learning to endure tough battles, even protracted battles, is important because you are getting closer to the End. Part of getting closer to the End is that the Enemy’s power is increasing, the spiritual battles are waxing hotter, and in many cases the answers will be slower in coming—to test your faith, as a witness to the world of your faith that refuses to quit, and also to allow the Enemy his last days, what I have promised in the Bible that I would allow him.
16. As you come closer to the End you will see that although there will be instances of on-the-spot miracles and supernatural and immediate outpourings of miracle power, there will also be other cases where you will need great patience to stick it out and keep fighting in spirit until My purpose is accomplished, your testimony is complete, or the conditions are right for you to obtain victory and find the relief you need.
17. In other words, I haven’t called it the Great Tribulation for nothing! If you’re destined to go through those days, and even live and fight in these days leading up to that time, you’re going to have to be tough soldiers, ready to wield My power in an instant and be able to be humble enough to not get puffed up when I work awesome miracles through you.—Yet at the same time, be willing to fight long battles against the Enemy when there don’t seem to be instant miracles, and to hold your ground steadfastly and not lose your faith when I don’t deliver you immediately.
18. The prophet Daniel had to hold on for three weeks while an angel wrestled with the prince of Persia. That kind of battle is going to come upon you more frequently, and so I desire to strengthen your spiritual endurance and prepare you to not lose your confidence when I don’t rescue you prematurely.
19. There is something important that you need to know when you face long battles. Before you can say, “I have done what I could, now I’m just going to stand on God’s promises and wield my spiritual weapons for however long it takes‚ I refuse to give up‚” and determine to endure—before you take that kind of stand, you need to know that you have truly done all that you could, and that what is preventing your deliverance or victory is truly something beyond your control, and not some oversight of yours, some lack or deficiency in your fighting strategy.
20. Here’s how to know the difference: Generally speaking‚ you haven’t done what you could until you’ve used each and every weapon at your disposal, and used them consistently.
21. Before you resign yourself to a long, tough battle, you should ask yourself questions like:
• Have I heard from the Lord about this battle and what I can do to gain the victory?
• Have I identified which spiritual foes are fighting me so that I can resist them by name?
• Have I received specific spirit help for this battle?
• Have I humbled myself to get united prayer?
• Do I have unconfessed sins, bitterness, pride, or any other spiritual blockages in my life that could hinder the Lord’s blessing‚ and have I asked the Lord about it?
• Have I gone to the Word on the topic of whatever subject I’m battling about‚ to strengthen my faith?
• Have I studied up on fighting effectively and examined my heart about whether I’m applying the Word on the topic?
• Have I been willing to ask the Lord what other steps I should take, such as setting safeguards for myself, asking others to help me, requesting a prayer chain, fasting and spending time in desperate prayer, etc.?
• Am I weak in faith due to compromise or disobedience or excessive System input, and should I be stronger in those areas?
22. If you haven’t done these things, then chances are you haven’t done all that you can. In that case, what might be standing in the way of you obtaining a victory might not be the Enemy or his attacks. It might be My will to deliver you. But there might be something missing on your part, something you can do, such as more fully employing all of the spiritual weapons at your disposal and asking Me what more I am expecting you to do to gain victory.
23. But if you have heard from Me, and called on your spirit helpers, rebuked specific hinderers, and have held a spiritual housecleaning in order to prepare your heart for My blessings and power‚ but the answer has still not arrived, then you can know that you have done what you could, and what is left to you is to hold on anyway and stand your ground in the power of My Spirit, resisting the Enemy and refusing to be overwhelmed and defeated until you are delivered.
24. Often this kind of fight has to do with physical afflictions, like long-term illnesses, or even life-threatening ones. Sometimes there are spiritual afflictions like pride, negativity, jealousy, etc.—besetting sins that you seem to have to always fight no matter what spiritual power you have wielded against them.—Or battles having to do with circumstances, that I expect you to persevere in, even though they are not your cup of tea and you’d rather be delivered from them. I have instead chosen to deliver you through them and to teach you many things in the process. These kinds of battles can be long term, and they can be the sort of fight where it is My will for you to be tested in your endurance, to see how long you will fight in faith whether you have evidence of victory or not.
25. These battles are a great honor. To any who fight in this way, I tell you that you are highly esteemed in My sight to be given the gift of a battle of endurance. You have passed many other tests successfully and have thus been handpicked for the special honor of this test of faith. I want to prove you faithful before the hosts of Heaven, as I did with Job‚ to show that although you are nearly slain‚ yet you trust in Me.
26. Don’t forget that your time on Earth is very short compared to eternity, and that above all it is a testing ground, a school, and a demonstration to the entire universe. Life is not guaranteed to be easy. Life is full of tests and battles, and someone who endures through long or seemingly endless battles and tests of faith is a powerful testimony to all the watching hosts of Heaven. It’s a testimony of the kind of faith that truly pleases God—the kind of “but if not” faith that endures endless difficulties because it believes in My promises and in My goodness and faithfulness to deliver‚ no matter what the circumstances look like.
27. You might feel as if you’re suffering for eternities, but when it’s over‚ it will not have seemed so long in the overall scope of things. When you get up here and the whole spectrum of life and reality is revealed to you, you’ll be glad that you went through what you did, because the strength of faith that you gain is priceless, and the strength of faith that you impart to others, both on Earth and in Heaven, when they watch your valiant struggle, is priceless.
28. Don’t let it surprise you that what you go through can teach lessons to those in My heavenly realm and inspire them. If Satan was able to persuade a third of the angels to follow him in rebellion against Me, it is obvious that even angels’ minds are not above changing, or at least persuasion. They aren’t weak, but they are not so sinless and perfect that they cannot be motivated and spurred on by a good sample that they see from someone in your realm. They know the difficulties you face in having to believe and take by faith what they see every day with their eyes.
29. So when you go through one of these long–term battles and you’ve done all in your power to overcome, but you’re left to fight on in faith, know that you’re instructing angels and great numbers of heavenly helpers who are motivated by your faith and your conviction and your fighter’s spirit. They’re motivated to likewise trust Me more, do more for Me, and serve Me with greater love and fervor.
30. There is also the obvious benefit to your own heart and spirit. Long‚ enduring battles bring out the best in you, if you’re fighting them correctly and keeping your faith strong in Me. They draw out compassion, humility‚ desperation, understanding, and gentleness. They teach maturity of spirit. They test and prove your faith to the point that it is real gold faith. That is so precious to Me.
31. They are also a testimony to the world that your faith is real. Even the world knows that it’s easy to proclaim your faith when days are sunny and peaceful. But when you’re faced with severe trials and tests and yet you hold on to Me and proclaim My goodness, that is when people sit up and take notice and realize that there’s something special about what you have. They realize the depth of your love for Me and our connection. Sometimes I allow you to go through the fire just as a testimony and witness to others of your love for Me and how powerful My Word is, that through our connection you are able to endure.
32. All that to say, such battles are never pointless. There is so much good that comes out of the severe trying of your faith, and the times that I seem to not be answering your prayers. “That’s all well and good,” you might say, “but how do we make it through such trying times? How do we prepare ourselves to push onward through these battles with sickness or attacks of the Enemy or persecutions that seem to go on and on and on with no end in sight? How do we not get discouraged and lose the victory?”
33. (Jesus:) The deeper you get into the Endtime, the more you will see manifestations of the spiritual realm in the physical world. The more you yourselves walk in the spirit, the more attuned you will be to the spiritual forces behind almost everything you see. It will even get to the point that your senses are so spiritually aware that you will see the workings of the spirit world quite well at times. You will peer beyond the veil quite often and see the reality that moves and shapes the physical world. All this will come in time and will not be a fearful thing for you, My children, but it will be an aid to your service for the good.
[End of box]
34. Besides using all the spiritual weapons at your disposal and asking Me what the keys to victory are for you in each situation, one very important key to enduring long, hard battles is regular practice with your spiritual weapons, regular Word‚ and regular fighting—especially in prayer. Specifically this means to build up your endurance through determining to push on longer through each battle than you did in the past, to fight harder each time than the time before, and slowly, like a runner, you can go for longer distances without breaking down and surrendering and losing your will to fight.
35. The “breaking points” in a battle are different in each case, depending on the battle, but there are always some. There are always points of defeat, where you could surrender to the Enemy and let him have his way‚ or else you could push through and gain the advantage. For instance, in a battle against jealousy, the breaking point might be when you voice the bad thoughts you’ve been having and rail on someone, making them feel bad; or you vent your frustration or anger, choosing to yield to your feelings rather than what you know you should be doing.
36. If it’s a battle against doubts, a breaking point might be when you are tempted to stop fighting them with the Word, and stop fighting to believe the Word and voice your doubts to others who aren’t strong in the Word. The breaking point in a battle for health might be when you faint in your mind and let fear grip you that I will never heal you and that you’re going to be sick forever. Those are the types of reactions and actions you must avoid by a committed program of trying to improve the length of time you hold out against them.
37. It’s nothing new to try to fight a battle until it’s over and you win. The key to greater effectiveness in such endeavors, however, is to be more aware of the flow of the battle and your responses. By that I mean to realize when the battle has hit you, and when you get to either the victory or the breaking point‚ and try to improve on that result the next time you are attacked. Analyze what made you give up the fight last time, what wrong decision brought about the loss of that particular battle or that setback in the battle. You have to almost get scientific about it and really think about it‚ pray about it, and have Me analyze your results for you so that you know whether you’re getting better or weaker at fighting.
38. (Mama:) A couple of people had the question, “Does this mean that if you reach a breaking point and make the wrong decision, you’ve lost the whole battle? Or are there many breaking points in each battle, smaller ones—ones you certainly want to hold on through, but not the end of the world if you fail?”
39. (Jesus:) Each war is made up of battles, and each battle is made up of smaller skirmishes, hand-to-hand fights or raids, or bombing missions, all with the purpose of taking out the Enemy—and him trying to take you out, of course. In each skirmish, battle‚ or war, there are many times when either you can gain the advantage or you can give the advantage to the Enemy. I’m calling them all “battles” in this message, but in reality some are much bigger and more crucial than others, and every big battle is made up of many smaller battles. For example‚ if you have a weakness with jealousy that you’re trying to overcome, the overall battle may be long—months or even years. But there are many smaller battles that you can fight and win one at a time; each time you’re faced with a choice to share your mate, you will probably face a battle. And even in one evening you could face several little battles. So there is a range of degrees of battle. But in each one, there is at least one “breaking point” where you either push through to victory or you surrender ground to the Enemy.
40. Sometimes small decisions wind up losing you battles—and certainly if you keep making the wrong decisions consistently, you will wind up losing. But usually if you make one wrong decision you can get up and try again, recover from your wound, and reclaim the territory you’ve lost. It’s a bit harder‚ it costs more, and you want to avoid having to go through that cycle if at all possible. But the war isn’t lost by any means. That’s what I’m talking about here. It’s not the end of the world when you surrender a skirmish or a battle or make a wrong decision. But it’s certainly something to avoid—and that’s the point of the message, to hold on longer, to persevere more consistently, to fight for victory harder than last time.
41. If you, My soldiers‚ can do that, you will be much more effective fighters. You will taste victory much more often, and you will have tremendously increased your endurance level.
42. So study your fighting techniques! When you’re pushed back or you lose a battle, it doesn’t mean you’ve lost the war‚ but you should stop and analyze what went wrong, what you did that gave the Devil the advantage. And very often you’ll find that it was a decision not to fight, or not to use your spiritual weapons‚ or it was a time when you gave in to whatever was besieging you rather than continuing to visualize the victory you desire and choosing to hold on with all you’re worth.
43. When you see what went wrong, you’ll want to strengthen your faith and fortify your defenses and hold on longer next time—claim another promise, stand another test‚ defy the Enemy one more time. Each time you do that, you’ll increase in strength, and with time you’ll be winning a whole lot more often. You’ll come a lot closer to loving the battle, because you’ll be a lot more victorious. It’s worth it to endure!
[End of box]
44. Olympic athletes have trainers who measure everything they do. They measure their time in a race to within fractions of seconds, or they hook the athletes up to machines and measure their heart rate or other vital signs. They know that to be a champion in this day and age‚ statistics are vital, so you know whether you’re progressing or not. That’s what you need to do.
45. You need to determine at what point you lose the victory and let the Enemy walk all over you, and then determine to hold out longer next time. Formulate a plan to stave off that attack for one more minute, claim one more key, pray one more prayer, and do whatever it takes to not “lose it” next time. That’s a real part of training for long battles—specifically practicing to go further and hold out longer than you did in the past.
46. You also need great doses of faith to hold on to in those trying times, and that comes from the Word and from doing all the things that are required of disciples, such as minimizing the influences of the world‚ fighting to take on My perspective in every test, taking on My mind more, memorizing, talking about the Word, and so on. These things equip you with the kind of solid foundation that you’ll need when you’re in the fires of testing and it doesn’t look like you’re coming out any time soon.
47. Another good way to build your faith is in the area of intercessory prayer. It’s good to build your faith by continuing to pray for situations even when you think they’re beyond hope or help, and continuing to send prayer power in that direction until I answer the request. I may not answer each request in the way you thought I would, but I do promise to always bring an answer, a resolution, and much good in the process.
48. You’d be surprised how often you lose faith in your prayers and just default to praying a token prayer for things and not really expect that I will do it. You pray because you feel it’s your duty, but you don’t really expect that things are going to change. Think about Mama’s eyes, how for years you prayed for them again and again, until for many it became more like a ritual because you didn’t really think after all this time that I would do it. You figured it was a “thorn in the flesh” situation and that that’s just how it was.
49. But now, many years down the line, she is healed significantly, and although she still requests your prayers from time to time, I usually answer much more speedily and rapidly. She is upheld by your prayers and they work great miracles—but that wouldn’t have ever happened if you had all lost faith and stopped praying because it took too long.
50. Some of you did lose the vision at some point, figuring that it no longer helped. But this must change. You must pray things through to completion, even when you’re tested and it’s two steps forward and one backwards, or two steps up and one down‚ or whatever the case. Practice exercising more faith by praying full-of-faith prayers regardless of the physical circumstances. Practice putting your faith and trust in Me into words. Keep stretching your faith to believe that I am working and bringing the answer, even though it takes a long time.
51. Prepare by stretching your faith and becoming tenacious in the battles you face here and now if you hope to endure some of the long battles that are ahead. If you find yourself regularly losing the fight now, giving up in spirit or losing the faith over small things, how will you hope to stand in the days that are coming?
52. To bring it down to real-life specifics, if getting a small thing like a bout of bad flu causes you to question My healing promises or the power of the keys because you don’t recover as quickly as you had hoped, how will you make it when you or your loved one face a much more serious illness, or you are called upon for a public demonstration of My healing power?
53. You have to build your faith by trying not to lose it so quickly in these days of relative ease. Take things in stride more, have more faith, expect more answers, and all of these things will serve you well in the future. You can’t lose the victory so often with small things or you won’t have it for the big ones. For example, if you get the flu and it lingers‚ even though you pray over it and also do what you can in the natural, make a conscious effort to fight better this time than you did in the past, to not wonder and question why I haven’t healed you as quickly as you wanted to be healed, and not let the Enemy in with his doubts, such as, “Why aren’t the keys working for me? Why am I still sick?”
54. Trust Me instead and ride out the storm. The health of your faith is much more important than the health of your body. Your spiritual faith will sustain you and pull you out of many more tight spots than will the health and strength of your body. So strengthen that part of your life. Strengthen the part that really counts and don’t let yourself hit the breaking point of discouragement and doubts early on in the fight.
55. When you are in a rough spot‚ ask yourself, “What would I do in a year if I was still having this problem?” Ask yourself at what point you would stop believing in Me. At what point would the sacrifice grow too great? Could you trust for three weeks but not four? Could you hold on for five months but not six? Where would you draw the line? The right answer, of course, is, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.” And most of the time you can be happy that whatever you’re going through probably isn’t going to last a year, and so you might as well hold on for this short ride, so that you can make it when the long ones come.
56. You’re capable of so much more than you think you are! So many of you think you’re maxed out and have taken as much battling as you can, when you’ve barely even started. You haven’t “resisted unto blood” yet, but you think you’ve had as much as you can possibly take.
57. Where’s your faith? Where’s your patience and quiet trust in Me? Some of you land in a new Home or situation and if you haven’t found your groove in six months, you start freaking out about your destiny and whether you’re in the right place and whether I’m blessing you, or whether your life is useless. What about Moses and his 40 years in the wilderness? Talk about learning faith by patience!
58. Some of you get so uptight about My not answering your every prayer and saving you from every tough spot, and you forget about all those great Christians through the ages who I allowed to stay in prison for years or decades upon end. They could have said, “The Bible says, ‘I will deliver you from every evil work,’ but You haven’t delivered me, so I’m going to stop believing.” But they didn’t. They held on‚ and in one way or another, I delivered them, and their tenacity and their endurance has been a sample to the ages. And great is their reward here, for their endurance!
59. There’s never a good time to lose the faith and give up the fight, figuring that I, your Husband and Protector, have just decided to sit this one out, and that no reinforcements are on their way. There is always an answer coming‚ so it’s always worth standing and fighting for as long as it takes to get there. But without the right kind of faith, you’re not going to be able to hold out all that time. Without a pure belief that if I say so, it is so, you’re going to give up.
60. So work on your faith! Read My Word, and practice stretching your faith every day through prayer‚ through strengthening your weak areas, through attacking your doubts, and holding on while you hold Me to My Word. Really put some effort into it. Don’t quit just before the finish line. Hold out! Endure! And great will be your reward.
61. (Mama:) Sometimes the victory the Lord is looking for is different from the victories we’re hoping for. As good soldiers, it’s our job to fight in whatever battles the Lord sends our way. And if we’re wielding our spiritual weapons effectively, we can know we’re doing damage to the Enemy and helping in the overall war, even if we don’t think it’s making any difference! Sometimes the victory the Lord is looking for is simply to strengthen our spirits, or He’s using us as a testimony of faith to others.
62. We don’t always see obvious victories, and that’s when it becomes a real test of faith and endurance. But if you’re faithfully checking in with the Lord and asking Him how you can fight most effectively, how you should be fighting today, then you can know you’re doing all you can, and the rest is up to the Lord. That’s when you have to pray for the keys of endurance to strengthen you, and determine to keep doing your best whether you ever see the answer or not!
63. The Lord gives some helpful tips on endurance in this next message.
64. (Jesus:) In some battles you just have to keep fighting even if the victory doesn’t come right away‚ or even if the victory is never fully realized in this life. Take long-term health battles, for instance. Sometimes I don’t heal you completely and I ask you to keep fighting. Some spiritual battles go on for a long time, and you’ve got to keep slogging through them even if you are using all your spiritual weapons effectively.
65. Sometimes a battle is a pivotal one for your life or work, and so the Enemy doesn’t give up easily. Sometimes I let him test you to prove your faith. There are all kinds of reasons why the battles sometimes last longer than you would like them to.
66. Not every battle will be over the moment you begin to fight it. In some battles you’ll just have to remain brave and determined to the end, putting up a good fight till I deliver you.
67. When it’s a long-term battle, you need to call on the keys of endurance to help you fight as hard as necessary for as long as I deem necessary so I can say to you, “Well done!” It is not the length of the battle that matters; it’s how you fight it and how you engage the Enemy that matters.
68. The keys of endurance will give you the strength and resolve to face the longer battles you will be faced with. The keys of endurance will keep you fighting at your optimum level even if you don’t see the victory today, tomorrow, or ever in this life. You’ve got to keep going, being so convinced of the ultimate victory that you don’t care what it costs you personally. You’ve got to believe that you will be rewarded for the fight, for the nerve to keep going in spite of what may even look to others like defeat.
69. Some battles you won’t have an obvious victory over in this life—such as some long-term and life-threatening illnesses that I use to bring My brides and their loved ones closer to Me. I count some of those battles as that person’s “martyrdom” and testimony of faith through affliction.
70. Remember Job? He said, “Even though He slay me, yet will I trust Him!” That’s the kind of faith you need to have; that’s the kind of endurance you need to have, whether you see the victory immediately or not. You’ve got to be willing to fight‚ no matter how long the battle goes on, because you’re a soldier in My army and you know I will ultimately win the battle.
71. Not every battle is a long-term battle. Some battles can be won very quickly if you will use your spiritual weapons and fight. Some battles go on for a little longer, some for a lot longer. The important thing to find out is how you need to fight in each battle. Find out how you should be fighting, not how long you should be fighting for.
72. Regardless of how long the battle is going to last, you have to determine to fight for all you’re worth, and determine to keep fighting until you see the victory. That’s how you win victories. If the victory doesn’t come when you thought it would, don’t tire of the fight and lose faith, but keep going, keep fighting‚ remembering that I know the length of the battle. I know what you’re going to face and what you can and can’t endure.
73. If you find yourself in a long-term battle—for example, faced with a serious health problem that might even take your life, such as cancer—don’t immediately say, “What’s the use? I’m going to die anyway!” and give up. What kind of a soldier would that be? You’ve got to find out what you need to fight for, how you need to fight for it, and go about doing that. Maybe it will cost you your life; maybe that’s the method through which you’ll receive your reward in Heaven. Praise Me! Thank Me for it and then get busy fighting and making that reward the maximum it can be.
74. Find out how to fight the battle today. What are you faced with today and how should you fight it? Find out what I want you to fight against, then fight against that. Maybe I want you to fight for complete healing. Maybe I want you to be a testimony of dying grace. Either way, it’s a victory in My eyes.
75. If you go down fighting, it’s worth it! That’s a battle well fought. That’s a victory won! You never completely lost faith and gave in; you never quit, you never stopped fighting. Maybe that’s My calling for you, to fight to the end, to be a sample of faith and courage and endurance.
76. Maybe your lot is not to be healed. Maybe you will not come back to full health from this illness. So what? Does it matter? It may matter to you because you didn’t plan your life this way, but who’s really in charge, you or Me? If I see fit to deliver you, then praise Me that you live to fight another day. If I choose to deliver you from this life through this battle‚ then praise Me for that release. Never doubt Me if you don’t see what you wanted come to pass. Thank Me anyway and keep fighting till your last breath or till you get healed or delivered.
77. Sometimes you’re facing something very difficult and you think you just have to endure it, but I know that a simple change, or a forsaking, or some change in mindset would bring you relief. Sometimes you’re struggling because you’re not willing to yield to Me in something‚ but as soon as you do, I am able to punch through with the victory, and what sweet relief that is! So ask Me to define the battle and tell you what’s behind it. Then you can know how to fight, and what you’re fighting for, and if there’s something you can do to change the direction of the battle so that you’re using your strength most efficiently.
78. If a battle seems to be going on and on, come back to Me regularly to redefine the battle for you, and help you to know what you’re fighting for‚ and what I am expecting of you. It also helps to have outside counsel and confirmations of this. Sometimes there comes a time in the battle where a situation has served its purpose and I want to change the circumstances for you, so be open to that too.
79. Once I have defined the battle for you, then you can give it your all in full faith, knowing that it’s worth fighting for, and because you have Me backing you‚ you will be strengthened through it.
80. Don’t assume that every battle that comes your way is now a “long-term” battle. A battle about the supply of finances isn’t one that I expect you to battle forever. I expect you to get up and do what I’ve said and get the victory, and have a well-balanced and fruitful work that is funded in the way I’ve told you to fund it. Or if you battle with a besetting sin‚ even if you will always have to be desperate with Me about it, you can fight to have a victory that allows you to serve Me without being hindered by it. I expect you to learn how to keep it in check, set safeguards‚ ask for help‚ be willing to be aware of it and desperate with Me about it, and then get on with the fight. Do you see the difference?
81. Some battles are long–term and others are short-term. Learn how to fight the battles you face today, whether short, intermediate, or long-term. Learn to ask Me what kind of victories you can expect and strive for, and then hold those out in front of you and fight for them with all you’re worth! Find out how to fight what you’re up against now and don’t worry about how long or short it’ll be.
82. You need to find out right from the start what battles you need to fight and what the victory is that I am holding out in front of you as the goal. If they’re long-term battles and I show you that it’s My will for you to fight to the end and be a brave soldier till the end of this earthly battle when I call you Home, whether that’s now or in the Rapture or sometime in between, your job is to just say, “Yes, Lord, give me my weapons and the strength to persevere to the end. Keep me fighting till the end, whatever end You see fit. I give my life to You and I entrust my life to You. I am Yours and I will fight on whatever front You send me to.”
83. Once you’ve confirmed with Me that a battle is My will for you and something worth fighting, you’ve got to be willing to fight it to the max even if it becomes a long-term battle. To sum it up, you need to be willing to fight at 100% in whatever battle, for however long, in whatever circumstance‚ till you win your part of the war. Even if that means you come Home to be with Me, then you’ve done your part and you didn’t give up before victory came.
84. (Jesus:) Fighting to the max and being willing to give it 100% can seem to be unrealistic and just plain not “doable,” especially when you are in the midst of a spiritually intense battle, or enduring a long-term affliction that may be painful. Those who have endured such battles know of the realities of war, so to speak. They know of the sleepless nights, the anguish of spirit, the ongoing pain—and in the case of a physical affliction, the lack of mobility, the struggle to perform such daily functions as going to the bathroom, brushing your teeth, or taking a shower. Fighting to the max for them may be seen as accomplishing one single act, such as eating some food‚ or not caving in to their emotions after days of not sleeping.
85. To think I expect you to be praising Me, claiming the keys, calling on your spirit helpers and praying at all times when you are fighting a long battle can seem as if I’m putting the doorknob too high. When I tell you, My brides, that you need to be willing to fight to the max and give 100% in any battle, I mean just that—one moment at a time. It’s not a work of the flesh whereby I expect to see you beaming every second of the day; it can be a silent assurance, a show of dependence, a voice of faith. That voice, in the thick of the fight, is often through tears. Nevertheless, even the smallest praise, the one-word key you claim, the prayer you pray from your heart‚ the calling of My name or that of your spirit helper need not cause you to be condemned or to think you are falling short of fulfilling your best. It’s the attitude of your heart and your walk of faith, putting that faith into action at whatever moment to the best of your ability. That’s what I look on, My loves, and that is giving Me your all, fighting to the max and giving 100%.
[End of box]
86. A man or woman who gives everything has no regrets at the end of life. They’ll know that they did everything they could, fought as hard as they could, and My grace will have seen them through any obstacles they faced for as long as they faced them.
87. Focus on being the best fighter you can while in the battle. Even if the ultimate victory isn’t realized immediately, if you’re fighting effectively you will be gaining ground, you will be winning small victories, which all lead up to the ultimate one, and are all a part of winning the war. You can know without a shadow of a doubt that you’ve done your part if you’ve heard from Me and done what I said to do in each battle, long or short.
88. Whether you win a visible, tangible‚ big-change type victory today, or whether you fight this battle well till the day I call you Home, either way is winning. If you can say with Paul at the end of your days, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith‚” then you will have been the kind of fighter I need. Paul didn’t say, “I’ve won every battle, I’ve defeated every enemy, I’ve destroyed the heathen rule of the Roman Empire,” did he? He said, “I’ve kept the faith. I’ve fought a good fight. I finished the course” (2Tim.4:7). He didn’t finish the war, but he did finish his course, his run, his part. If you can say the same when you get to Heaven, then you will have run the race as I wanted it run, fought the war as you should, done your best for Me, and there will be a great reward laid up for you for having done your part. Your job on Earth will be done‚ you’ll have completed My mission for you, and you’ll hear Me say, “Well done, good and faithful servant; enter into the joy of your Lord!”
89. Those words are worth it, the reward is worth it, the ultimate victory is worth it. So fight well and keep fighting till the end of whatever battle I call you to fight, great or small, long or short, temporary or terminal. To the end, My friends‚ whatever that end might be.—Victory in this life‚ or victory in the spirit‚ either way you win!
90. (Jesus:) You’ve got to keep fighting, even when the battle seems like it’s never going to be won. The soldier doesn’t know if he’ll personally make it through to see the victory in the war, but he fights anyway because it’s his duty to do his part and fight as hard as he can till he either wins the victory or gives his life for the cause.
91. You’re My soldiers, and some of the battles I’m going to call you to in the future will require that endurance and the faith that you just have to keep on fighting, even if the battle seems as if it will never end and the victory seems as if it won’t be realized within your lifetime on Earth.
[End of box]
92. (Mama:) Another tip for fighting long-term battles is to ask the Lord to break the battle down into smaller segments. If it’s all lumped together like one big war, it can seem very daunting, certainly very long lasting. So if you’re in a battle that is going on and on and you’re losing the endurance to fight, maybe you need to ask the Lord to break it down for you a bit. Ask Him what you can expect as a victory today. What should you be fighting for today?
93. In the first “Art of War” GN, the Lord recommended holding the victory in front of you as a goal‚ and letting it motivate you to see it and think about it and work toward it. Well‚ ask Him what the victory is. Maybe it isn’t total healing or a change of circumstances, at least not immediately. Maybe it’s victory in the midst of affliction, or cheerfulness and peace in the midst of storm. Maybe it’s a victory of learning to endure and trust Him no matter how things look.
94. Look at the martyrs: They didn’t escape from the lion’s den or jump off the stake when the fire started! They praised through the circumstances, and their praises and peace were the greatest testimony of all. They won the victory the Lord wanted them to win. I’m not saying that every battle you face in your life will be as dramatic as what the martyrs of old went through, but the same principles of endurance, faith, and praise are applicable to any battle you fight.
95. So ask the Lord what victory He wants you to have today. Ask Him what the long-term victory is and what the short-term victory is. If you’re sick with a serious illness‚ He might tell you that the long-term goal is fighting for healing and health by doing such-and-such and such-and-such, and the short-term victory is witnessing to the hospital staff‚ being a testimony of faith and praise, and learning to trust Him.
96. Maybe the victory today is to keep praising Him and being a testimony of cheerfulness and trust in Him through your praises and voicing your faith, regardless of your circumstances. That’s certainly a victory worth striving for, and something that is going to really defeat the Devil!
97. If you’re very sick or experiencing a difficult pregnancy, and are having a hard time keeping food down, maybe the victory today would be to praise the Lord for every bite, and then just keep eating as you need to, even though it’s very difficult and most of it doesn’t stay down! That’s putting the Old Boy in his place for sure, and is doing your part to fight!
98. If you’re fighting a battle with depression, maybe the victory today would be to reach out to someone else and encourage them, even though you really don’t feel like it. That’s offensive warfare against the Enemy, and he will be defeated through your obedience!
99. Those are small victories compared to what you might like to see—full health, freedom from depression, lasting victory over the battle, or whatever the case might be. But maybe the victories the Lord wants you to strive for here and now are more reachable today, and will help you to have a more realistic goal for yourself. We’re often very unrealistic in our assessment of ourselves and personal situations‚ and what we would like to see is often not even the Lord’s highest will! No wonder we don’t reach our goals. No wonder we get discouraged! It takes a lot of faith to fight for the little victories consistently, and each little victory is another step toward winning the war.
100. Once you’ve asked the Lord and gotten His perspective, then you know what you’re fighting for. You can hold those desired victories in front of you and really fight for them and work toward them, using your spiritual weaponry, without getting discouraged if it takes months or years to reach the long-term victory. As you fight for those short-term victories, you see progress in the battle‚ and you’re working toward the long-term victory, which the Lord will give you in His time.
101. When you see little victories along the way, it will encourage your heart and strengthen your faith to keep fighting. It will help you to have the endurance that the Lord is looking for.
102. (Jesus:) To endure means to persevere, to resist, to have the strength to not give up. It means that your roots are so deep and your stance is so strong that nothing is going to move you.
103. I often allow a space for endurance to show itself. For if your roots are planted deep enough and if the stance is strong enough, no affliction, no persecution, no buffeting, no spiritual attacks, no words, no winds, no rains, no bad news, nothing is able to move it! If in a particular situation you have real faith, faith is knowing, and nothing will be able to uproot that knowledge.
104. Remember, faith is blind to failure or defeat. Faith is also able to quench or withstand any attack of the Enemy. That means that real faith has within it the innate ability to not be moved no matter what the circumstances. Remember what I said to My disciples, that faith just the size of a tiny grain of mustard seed could actually move a mountain (Mat.17:20). That’s how strong faith is.
105. Faith is the indestructible steel of the spirit world. Nothing can quench it, break it, or move it. But to become that strong, to actually have your faith grow into that indestructible substance, it has to be tried in the fire, just like steel, then put in the water, then put in the fire again, hammered, shaped into the type of faith you want‚ put in the water again, and back in the fire.
106. Faith is actually a stand you make because of your belief. You take a stand of faith on some truth, based on My love and My Word. Your stance may not always be so sure. Maybe you’re “pretty sure” My Word works, but your faith is wavering a little in a particular situation that I put you in. My goal is often to strengthen your faith in My Word, so I must sometimes allow your faith to be tested.
107. I try you in the fire to see what sort of stand you are going to make, allowing you to experience things to test your faith. When you make a stand of faith, I often turn up the heat a little bit, a little at a time, to see if you will ratchet up your faith accordingly.
108. You see, real gold faith does not give up. It may waver a little, you might be tempted to be fearful, but when all is said and done, there is a seed deep in the center of your heart, a deep stance that you are making. If you truly believe in Me and My Word, if this is the deep root in your heart and if this is the seed from which your entire life emanates, then it will survive the fire. Why? Because faith is immovable, indestructible, able to withstand any amount of heat, and able to quench and stop anything that is thrown at it. It’s as simple as that.
109. So if you have faith in Me deep within you, nothing can displace it. But often My children are weak and wavering in faith. The true seed is there, but I need it to grow into the full plant—first the seed, then the stalk, then the ear in the stalk to where it is bearing fruit. I work with your faith. I take it where it’s at, and I work on it. I allow a little trial here and a little trial there, and if it is true faith and you take the proper stand upon it‚ if you feed your faith with My Word‚ each trial strengthens your faith.
110. Look at Abraham—he was going to become the “father of faith” for all time. He had the seed of faith in him, but he himself didn’t know how strong it was. I finally brought him to the point where I gave him the ultimate test‚ because he had to know, and I had to know, that his faith was that strong. He had to know that he was willing to give up even the very fruit of the promise, knowing that I would still keep My promise, somehow, someway. He had to trust, even though he couldn’t see how I would fulfill My promise. He had to be blind to the possibility of failure. If faith can’t ignore the possibility of defeat and keep going‚ then it isn’t faith.
111. Faith requires a period of unquestioning perseverance, unswerving trust, before it sees the results, and this period is called endurance. Remember‚ some of My martyrs refused deliverance that they might obtain a better resurrection. They chose to endure the fire and the persecution so that their rewards would be greater.
112. Remember, the trying of your faith is more precious than gold. I don’t allow you to be tested because I want you to suffer. I allow it because I know the seed is there, the true seed, and I want to teach you to give up all in order to make your stand on it, so that when you come here to be with Me you will have a reward that is much more valuable than gold is in your world.
113. Remember, faith is the true coinage of the realm, and the quantity and amount of faith you have when you come here is going to be of real value to you.
114. Now‚ in your life on Earth, is the time for you to exercise your faith, to develop it like a muscle, to let it grow. The value of enlarging your faith and cultivating it is of inestimable value in the spirit world. Your faith will last eternally. That’s one reason being born into a life on Earth is such a privilege and why you should use your time there wisely, because it is a stage of existence where you can determine your rewards and your status and develop as much value as you want to have here.
115. Some of My martyrs refused deliverance because they were going far beyond the gold. They were going for the true coinage of the heavenly realm and they wanted to prove their faith and make their stand to their last breath‚ and even then some. They wanted to be a testimony even in their deaths, and so fought for one more breath, one more bit of strength to shout and sing and smile out their witness. They asked Me not to take them quite yet, because they were not finished gathering their rewards. They wanted to do more and go further for Me, and I allowed that, because their faith was strong enough that they could endure.
116. So sometimes there has to be a period of endurance, where your faith is tried. Of course, when the fire comes‚ there are things you can do to improve your fight.
117. First, you make a stand on your foundation of faith. Then you have to start fighting with your spiritual weapons, memorizing and quoting the Word, praying and seeking Me and finding out what My precise will is for you in the matter, what stance I want you to take. I also want to see what stance you are going to take. It is a meeting of the wills, yours and Mine. I don’t want to force you. I want to see what your will is because I am intensely interested in you. You are My bride, My love. I gave up everything I had for you. I want to see what your choice is. But I am smarter and wiser than you and I see what’s ahead, so I want to show you what My will is as well. Then between the two choices, you can freely choose where you are going to stand.
118. I understand and see the seed of faith in your heart, and I try to direct you onto the square center of that seed, to make your stand there. I know where the center is, where the best, most solid stand will be. So I allow situations to happen to nudge you to get to the direct center of My will for you, to nudge you to take the stand that you should take.
119. If you follow My direction and make that stand, then nothing can move you, for you know it is the truth which will last forever, and when the fire is gone and the turmoil has ended‚ you will still be standing there right on that foundation of faith. In other words‚ that foundation has the capability of outlasting every other circumstance or attack. Anything that could possibly confront you is weaker than that foundation of faith.
120. So My goal is to get you to stand on your faith for many reasons, one of which is to develop it so that you are a mighty man or woman on Earth with strong faith that is able to protect you from any attack. And also so that when you enter eternal life you will have the coinage and value system to make you the happiest you could possibly be. There is something precious about having the privilege of living the Earth life, and faith is part of it.
121. But faith is a dangerous game, for if you don’t have faith in a certain area or a certain circumstance, don’t pretend that you have it. What I want you to do in each situation is to make your stand on faith, not on false faith. Remember, faith knows. Faith knows what the truth is, and it is the foundation of where you should stand. And then, having done all, stand. It’s as simple as that.
122. I’m not saying it’s easy. I’m saying if you have real faith you simply have to make your stand on it, come hell or high water. Remember Job’s stance: Though He slay me, yet will I not give up my stand of faith. I will still believe! Do you have that kind of faith? If you do, then you will reap the rewards as Job did. His faith stood the test and came out better than gold.
123. You know whether you’re fighting effectively in a certain situation by examining your situation‚ examining the foundation you are standing on, and asking yourself if you are effectively fighting the Enemy and defeating every attack he throws at you to try to push you off that foundation of faith. If you are making an effective stand‚ you won’t allow anything to weaken your faith. That’s how you know whether you are fighting effectively.
124. Are you casting down every imagination that exalts itself against your faith?—Or are you like a boat taking on water in the sea? If you are resisting the Enemy, resisting his doubts and lies, taking out your sword and all of your weapons and blasting the lies and spirit of the Enemy to Hell, if you are still standing there and not doubting, that is pretty effective fighting.
125. But if you are fearful or doubting, then you need to strengthen your faith. It is not strong enough. You need to fight more, you need to build up your faith in the Word, you need to decide where the center of your foundation of faith is, and you must go and stand there.
126. If you’re standing there on that foundation, swinging your swords and weapons with both arms and cutting the Enemy’s attacks against your faith to shreds; if you are so sure of your stance that you are willing to die for it‚ knowing that I will still answer; if you are willing to even give up seeing the answer, as Abraham was, and yet still believe that I am able to fulfill My promise to you somehow‚ then that, My loves, is passing the test, and I honor that kind of faith.
127. Once you have examined your stance and made sure you are on the right foundation, and you are quenching and destroying every attack against it, then you know you are fighting effectively‚ and then it’s time to endure. Your faith and your stance are so strong that nothing will affect it.
128. I want you to endure, and enduring doesn’t mean weakening. If your faith is weakening during this period, then it is not real gold faith, or you are not standing on the right foundation, or you’re not fighting effectively‚ or you’re not building your faith with My Word and using the spiritual weapons that are available to you.
129. If it is real gold faith and you are doing your part to strengthen it, it will in fact get stronger during the period of endurance‚ and this is often one of My reasons for allowing prolonged tests and trials‚ because I know your faith needs to be strengthened through fighting and not giving up. I also know that you need to know the strength and capabilities and extent, length, breadth, and width of your faith.
130. When you reach this point of total endurance, it is not a weakening thing in spirit. It may be in the flesh, but in the spirit you are growing stronger, because your faith is actually growing during this time and that is giving you stronger muscles in the spirit. Your faith is growing stronger as you endure.
131. If your faith is growing weaker, then you know you are not fighting effectively enough, and you need to examine your foundation‚ examine your weapons, examine your faith, look at My Word, look at how you’re fighting and find out where your weak spot is that is getting attacked and becoming weaker.
132. However, once you correct this, once you find the weak spot and strengthen it, and take your stand of endurance and begin fighting with both arms and all your might again, then you won’t be getting weaker by the moment. Why? Because your faith is so strong and you are so sure of your stance that you actually become stronger in spirit. Your faith becomes a powerhouse of spiritual strength and power‚ and nothing of the Enemy can come near it that doesn’t get electrocuted instantly, because you are emanating such spiritual power!
133. When it comes to this time to endure, where I allow the Enemy to attack you for prolonged periods, I expect you not to weaken in faith. It’s like floating your faith on the waters. There’s nothing you can do about the battles except make your stand of faith‚ come Hell or high water. Your faith is so sure that you simply float out onto the sea, and if the storm comes, it comes; if the waves come‚ they come; if the wind comes, it comes. But your faith is still afloat, because you are on My current and you know I am in control. True gold faith, like the cork in the storm, doesn’t sink. It just keeps popping up, and nothing can sink it!
134. When you are passing through that time period of endurance, it’s like floating in your boat out on the open sea. You may not know where the shore is across the sea, and you may not know how far away it is, but what you do know is that there is a shore, and that you are on My current, and that I am taking you there. You’ve put all in My hands, and you’ve decided, “I’m not going to sink, for God is going to take me to that shore.” You don’t let the winds discourage you, and you don’t give up when the waves come. Nothing can stop your faith. This kind of faith always reaches the shore! It has never failed yet. That is the faith that goes through the storm, because it can’t be sunk.
135. So if you’re doing all you can do‚ if your foundation is sure, if you’re fighting with all your weapons and not getting weaker in spirit, then it is time to go through the storm and trust that I will help you survive, and I will. It’s time to make your stand and let nothing move you spiritually. If you are moved, then something is wrong with your faith and you need to find out what it is‚ strengthen it, or move to the right foundation, or attend to whatever the weakness is.
136. But once you’re sure‚ then make your stand of faith through endurance. You will reach the other side. I have never failed yet. Faith is the victory, and faith always gets to the victory, every time! Why? Because it is founded on My Word, and My Word never fails. Your faith is placed in Me, and I never fail. The worlds are framed by My Word. My Word is the foundation and frame of the world you live in, and if you are standing on that foundation and within that framework, your stand is sure‚ and has the ability to outlast anything that comes against it.
137. The battle I have called you to may just be the time of endurance for you, to prove your faith to Me and to yourself, and to grow your faith and your rewards. There are often many other reasons I allow long-term battles‚ often for a testimony to others and to grow their faith. But eventually, you will reach the shore.
138. When it is time to get into the ship of endurance, you will know it. You will batten down the hatches and you will endure, knowing that the trial is but for a time, and afterward there is exceeding great reward, and that it works in you a far more precious result.
139. (Mama:) I asked the Lord to give us some questions that you can ask Him and refer back to when you are faced with a long or daunting battle. Sometimes when you’re in the midst of a very difficult battle, it’s hard to even know which end is up, and that’s when it really helps to have shepherds to talk to and outside counsel to help you know where to start or even what you can ask the Lord in order to have more of His perspective. So these are sample questions you can start with in such situations. You’ll probably want to put in the specifics of the battle you’re fighting, and ask the Lord for specific answers and solutions. Feel free to change or adapt them, and use them as the Lord leads you. This is something you can use as a starting point‚ and might trigger ideas of other questions you could ask the Lord that would be helpful for you to receive His counsel on.
[ ] Have I done my part in this battle, so that when it’s time for You to give the victory, the conditions are right? Is there anything in my heart or life that is preventing You from giving me the victory, or preventing me from seeing the victory You want to give me?
[ ] What is the victory I should be striving for? Please show me how You see victory in this battle—it might be very different from what I’m expecting or hoping for (or in some cases fearing or dreading). What is the victory You want me to have?
[ ] What can I do in the meantime while I’m waiting for the resolution of the battle or the long–term victory? What are the short-term victories I can and should expect to see on a daily basis if I do my part?
[ ] After praying about some of the preceding questions, you could ask the Lord, “What can I do to strengthen my faith in the promises You’ve just given me? What should I be doing to fulfill the conditions so that You can fulfill Your promise?”
[ ] How can I better endure? (Recall where you failed in the last test‚ and ask the Lord how you can do better next time, or what caused the minor defeat, and how you can be more victorious next time around.)
140. (Mama:) I mentioned in the first GN in this series that in each GN we would take one of our spiritual weapons and focus on it. The weapon the Lord is going to focus on in this GN is praise. The Lord has told us a lot about praise in the last couple of years. It’s one of the most recent weapons that He’s really instructed us about. But most of us still have a long way to go before we’re using it as it has the potential to be used. The Lord has said that it’s the undefeatable weapon, one of the very most powerful we have. So why don’t we use it more?
141. We asked the Lord to give us more information on how to use the weapon of praise offensively against the Enemy in times of battle.
142. (Jesus:) The weapon of praise is really an umbrella term for a few different kinds of thankfulness and praise to Me, all of which defeat the Enemy soundly but have different uses. It’s good for you to break it down a little, to understand how each technique is effective in its own time and place.
143. For example, thankfulness is praise. Counting your blessings, what some call “playing the glad game‚” is a real weapon which can defeat bad spirits of negativity, murmuring, self-pity, selfishness‚ discouragement and depression, and even jealousy. It’s like your Father David wrote about in “Fight Discouragement” and “Count Your Blessings.” When you’re hit with an attack that makes you feel bad about something, despondent, discouraged, hopeless, or condemned‚ using the weapon of praise would mean to employ thankfulness or to count your blessings, to use this aspect of praise in which you think of all the ways that the situation could have been worse, and praise Me that it wasn’t. Or you recount how good I have been to you, how much you do have, and how richly blessed you are.
144. That kind of thankfulness will almost always improve your mood and your spirit, or at least snap you into reality that things really could be a lot worse and that you do have it pretty good! Even if you’re not specifically praising Me for each blessing, although that’s certainly a good way to do it, recounting My goodness to you or imagining all the worse things I’ve spared you from is attributing praise to Me, and it’s still powerful. It’s acknowledging My hand of blessing in your life, which lifts Me up and glorifies Me. That kind of count-your-blessings time is made more powerful if you use it in conjunction with specific praises, voicing your thankfulness to Me and using My name.—Not only listing your blessings, but thanking Me specifically for each one as you think of them.
145. Another way the weapon of praise can help you fight is when you use it as a sort of smoke screen against the Enemy, a method of distracting and shielding yourself from whatever he’s trying to bombard you with. This would be like the illustration given in the Letter “Just Let the Light In,” where David talked about singing positive songs and hymns when the Enemy would try to fill his mind with worldly songs and bad messages (ML #2657‚ Lifelines 19).
146. This differs a little from the “glad game” use in that you don’t necessarily have to employ praises specifically related to the attack you’re undergoing. In this attack you simply use praise as one of the most useful and blessed forms of personal action to distract and distance yourself from whatever it is the Enemy is using on you. This works well for things like bad thoughts and pictures, temptations with bad habits, worldliness, general feelings of frustration, loneliness, sadness, or the sometimes inexplicable feelings of sorrow or emptiness that some people get attacked with from time to time.
147. You can certainly count your blessings at such a time, but in some cases it’s easier to use praise to occupy your mind and get yourself going in a completely different direction. As I said, praise is one of the most useful things you can do with your mind and time, and automatically fills you with My power and Spirit. So if the Enemy is trying to get you down or attack your emotions‚ deciding to not dwell on his attack at all, and taking positive action by praising Me for anything and everything, or singing a song, or some other kind of praiseful activity will really distract you—and in essence protect you—from what the Enemy was trying to get you to dwell on. He will eventually flee because he can’t stand to be around when praise to Me is going on!
148. Prayer is good too, but some people find that prayer or quoting scripture takes more effort than praising Me. Prayer and quoting verses, quotes, and key promises do certainly have their place, especially in times of heavy spiritual battle, but for some people prayer and key claiming and fervent intercession is not the easiest thing to pull out when they just want to distract themselves from dwelling on a certain negative subject. Praising Me is something that you can do in the midst of any battle—even singing a song is praise to Me—and will then give you the spiritual strength to take the next step, whatever I show you that is.
149. Praise is a more powerful counterattack than you know‚ but it may not be as easy as it sounds. Before you can gain victory and be shielded from the Devil’s bombardment, you have to make a conscious decision to switch off his channel and switch on to Mine. Taking action is the “hand of faith‚” the action of faith that will flip that switch for you. Deciding that you’re not going to dwell on the sadness you feel, or the temptation for something you’re not supposed to do, or the loneliness, or whatever it is, and that you’re going to burst out with some kind of praise song, or praise words to Me, will defeat the Enemy and turn him from the aggressor to the defender, and you’ll be on the attack and on your way to full victory.
150. The main thing to remember about this method, which we can name the “praise smoke screen” is that it doesn’t have to specifically relate to the battle that you’re faced with. Sometimes listing the positives from a certain negative can strengthen you and help you to see that things are better than they seem and give you victory. But at other times it’s not good to dwell on the situation at all, and it’s best to just drown it all in a flood of praise. That’s what this attack is all about‚ totally moving away from that battle in your mind by praising your way out with singing, praising, loving Me, glorifying Me and My goodness, and so on.
151. Then there is praise that is used as a weapon of faith, that of claiming My promises before you have seen them fulfilled. That aspect is very different from the “gratitude-based” uses of the weapon. Praises of faith are almost always used in connection with intercessory prayer, and are one of the most powerful uses of the weapon of praise. Those praises acknowledge My ability to do anything and everything that you request, and do it in the best way possible, and you pump up your faith and stand on it through your praises.
152. The old quote says‚ “Faith knows that God will do it, and He does!” and now your arsenal has been expanded to include the ability to praise Me for performing your request before you have even seen it in the physical. This is one of the highest levels of appropriating faith. You’re taking the action of thanking Me for answering your prayer even before I have done so, which shows that you have the kind of faith that will get the needed results.
153. Praising Me for answers before you see them also helps your prayers to be more focused, direct, and specific‚ because praising Me for the answer forces you to visualize the answer coming to pass, which helps you to target your prayers and even to target your faith and what you expect of Me. There’s a big difference between just praying that someone will be healed, and thanking Me that that person is healed and able to walk normally again‚ or eat normally again‚ or resume their normal duties with full strength, or whatever it is they need. Seeing them in your mind’s eye being able to do those things again, and seeing them being able to utilize the results of your prayer gives you the right kind of force in prayer that moves My power on your behalf, and brings the direct specific answers you need.
154. Don’t forget too that you should not only praise Me for the ways you would like to see Me fulfill the answer to your request, but that you should also praise Me that no matter what happens, I’m taking care of the situation in the best way possible, and I’m in control. Praise Me for the good fruit of the trial or affliction. Praise Me for the opportunities to witness that some difficulties bring you. Praise Me for the strengthening of your spirits. Praise Me for always answering. As you start praising Me for the good that I can and will bring out of any situation according to your faith‚ you will begin to see My hand at work. You will begin to understand and know what to claim in prayer. You’ll have a sense in your heart of what things I might want to see accomplished, and you’ll gain the faith to ask Me for the full answer, the full blessing, the very best that I want to give you.
155. You need to see praise prayers as not only a gesture of goodwill and thanks to Me, but as an essential part of your being able to pray the right kind of prayers and have the right kind of faith. The more you incorporate praises into your prayers, the more specific answers you’ll see. Praise makes Me happy and it moves My hand, but part of the reason is that praise also motivates you, encourages you, and causes you to stretch your faith beyond the supplication and toward the fulfillment, which is a very important aspect of receiving My answers.
156. And lastly, for this lesson‚ praise is a weapon of testimony, of brotherhood, and of discipleship. Praising Me is one good way to demonstrate your connection with Me and to publicly celebrate your discipleship. I know that sounds kind of funny, but when you think about it, it always encourages you to see the faith of others in action, doesn’t it?—Or to hear others’ prophecies.—Or to hear someone pouring out their heart in desperate prayer usually makes you feel good, strengthened, and in many cases more united with that person, right? The reason for this is that when a group of disciples, such as a Home, are working together to climb the mountain of My highest will for them, it’s reassuring and affirming to be able to see others using the same weapons that you’re practicing with, as not only does it then confirm to you that they’re fellow disciples and moving in the same direction as you‚ but it encourages you to not be shy about stepping out to publicly use your new weapons too.
157. United and public use of your spiritual weapons is a key to unity, and praise is one of the easiest to use in front of others. It can be used the most often and in almost every way without anyone ever having to worry that they’ll seem self-righteous or be out of the spirit, or that it won’t be the right time and place for putting that weapon into practice. Every time you praise Me you are being a positive sample, and it can unite you more with the other members of your Home. You’re being a testimony of living the Word, and in these days when all of you are trying to bring more of the spiritual into your lives, the weapon of praise is one of the easiest places to start. Praise is a good starting point for bringing more public displays of discipleship into your lives.
158. The weapon of praise is multifaceted and has a use in almost every battle situation. Learn to choose the right use for the right time, and use it often and well. It is powerful and can bring you great victory. Don’t neglect it!
159. (Jesus:) Your spiritual attitude of praise can actually stop the Enemy and push him out of the spiritual atmosphere where you are. You are powerhouses because you have My Spirit and you have the weapon of praise, which literally brings My Spirit into the situation. Remember, I wasn’t lying when I said I dwell in the praises of My people. I literally dwell there, and where I am, no unclean spirit can be; it either yields to Me or departs!
[End of box]
160. (Mama:) The Lord gives some good tips in the previous message about different forms of praise, and how you can use them to defeat the Enemy’s tactics. In this next message He specifically zeroes in on the aspect of turning the Enemy’s firepower back on his own head through praise.
161. (Jesus:) Praise in its simplest form is expressing your joy and appreciation to Me about something you like or are thankful for, and this kind of praise is good and has spiritual power. But there are other forms of praise, higher forms of praise that can quickly transform your life, do miracles, destroy the Enemy, give you unusual strength from Me, summon heavenly forces to fight for you, and do many other wonderful things. It is this higher form of praise that I want you to learn more about, for it is powerful and it becomes the most deadly weapon you can wield in battle.
162. To begin to learn how to praise in deeper ways, I want you to start by taking something that you really don’t like—it could be some aspect of your personal situation or circumstances that has been a real trial for you, a thorn in your side, something which you feel has impeded your progress or happiness or fruitfulness. It could be something like a situation of persecution‚ or loneliness, or having your bedroom on a noisy street, or going through menopause, or not having a certain need met that you feel would greatly improve your life.
163. It could be something about yourself that you really don’t like—maybe a fear you have, or a recurring weakness, or a thorn in the flesh, or something you are tempted to question or doubt, or something you try to avoid because you really don’t think you could handle it or face it right now. It could be an attack of the Enemy that originates from a little chink in your armor—such as jealousy or sensitivity or discouragement, or friction and disunity with one of your mates. It doesn’t really matter what it is—the point is that it’s something you dislike or know you fall short in. In essence, it’s anything negative in your life that bothers you, or that you have trouble seeing the good in. Like putting an octopus in a bag, you may struggle to get all of its many arms in‚ but try. Define it as clearly as you can and meditate for a moment on the problem and how it has affected your life.
164. Once you have defined it, you are ready to begin shedding it through praise. First, thank Me for My wisdom in allowing you to have this challenge in your life, and how I know just what you need to draw you closer to Me. Thank Me for how it has helped humble you and caused you to stir yourself up and search for answers rather than just accept things and be content and slowly die in the wasteland of complacency of the world.
165. Now force yourself to think of the good about it. Think about how it has drawn you close to Me or made you cry out to Me for strength and grace. Think about how it has motivated you to look for solutions and has kept you from getting too comfortable. Think about how it has helped you grow spiritually, whether in maturity or understanding of others or compassion or in your prayer life‚ whatever the case may be. I want you to think about the good aspects until your heart is filled with praise to Me and you see how this problem or trial has been a cause for good in your life.
166. At first you may have real difficulty seeing your problem as being a blessing, as horrible to you as it seems to be, but as you pass through this first hurdle, you will be ready to progress to the next level—to thank Me and praise Me for all the times it has caused you to stumble and fall and to cry out to Me for My mercy, forgiveness‚ and help; for how it has made My understanding and compassion a reality for you, something you truly appreciate; for how it has helped you to realize how utterly dependent you are on Me for your salvation, and how it keeps smashing your pride and any image or idol of self–goodness and greatness you would want to erect.
167. Now praise Me for how having this problem has helped to reveal the Enemy’s work and how much he hates you and Me and seeks to destroy you by any means he can because you dared to believe that I love you and forgive you and want you with Me in Heaven; that My love for you is greater than any sin or weakness or shortcoming or imperfection can ever be‚ and that I have the power to totally free you.—And what is more, I totally love you. Let My Spirit wash away your harsh feelings, your negative reactions, or at least dull them with a spiritual painkiller, so you can be free of them for a moment while you pray and begin to praise Me.
168. Lift up your arms in praise to Me for how terribly I suffered to set you free, for how very much I love you, and how I paid for every sin with My Own life and death on the cross. Focus on how very loving and forgiving I am with you and with everyone. If you have been wounded in spirit through any attack, as you praise Me and love Me, you are letting in the light and My healing balm, which will heal the hurt and the wound and give you strength and draw out the poison. It is the hardest time to praise Me, but it will bring the quickest healing.
169. (Jesus:) You can use praise to fight and wound the Enemy when you are confronting a murmuring spirit, or a fearful spirit‚ or a bitter spirit‚ or any of a number of unpleasant or negative attitudes that you confront or encounter or are feeling attacked by. You can literally destroy the hold that any of these attitudes or spirits have in the spiritual atmosphere that surrounds you at any given moment by wielding the weapon of praise. You can also use praise as a proactive force field to wrap around yourself to prevent the entrance of any of these attitudes of the Enemy and to keep him at bay.
[End of box]
170. As you feel strength returning, begin to face your fears and try to see the good that I can bring to you from such an ordeal. Praise Me for letting you better understand My great love, and for all the times I have loved you in spite of yourself. Praise Me for the humbling and that the Enemy’s attacks have once again driven you to My bosom. Praise Me and keep praising Me until the light is streaming into your heart and spirit, and you are overwhelmed with thankfulness for the victories that this attack has brought you—even though the Devil did bring it. By then you will not only be well out of the Devil’s danger zone, but you will have turned his attack back on him and he’ll be getting as far away from you as possible.
171. Through taking the path of aggressive praise, you have turned what you had previously been nursing as a weak or sore point into a point of strength and faith and spiritual power. The Enemy cannot use it against you‚ and in its place you have a spirit of confidence and trust in Me.
172. Through learning the secrets of praise power I want to show you how you can take every dart, every dirty blow, every evil device the Enemy uses on you, and make them into great and terrible weapons you can use to rout the Enemy and turn his firepower back upon him. It will take courage, discipline, and real faith, but you can do it!
173. You must strive to see every test and trial, every event, as an opportunity to give Me the glory somehow. Refuse to just accept the obvious, “Well, the Devil won this round for sure!” Never vacate the field of battle to the Enemy without firing a shot, no matter how horrible or horrifying the physical situation may at first appear. Look to Me in prayer and refuse to let go until you begin to see some good or some wonderful possibility that just is not obvious.
174. Remember that even in the face of death and destruction, you can find My love and mercy revealed. And most situations aren’t nearly that bad. So don’t just blindly accept the obvious bad circumstances, but look above and beyond to Me for the good reasons, the good fruit I can bring out of whatever is happening or has happened, which is not always easy to see at first.
175. Focus on the good no matter how bad the situation seems to be. As you recall the wonderful things I have done and can and will do, faith will take hold and grow in strength.
176. As you gain victories in your own life through the transforming power of praise, you can move to the next phase‚ that of learning to use praise to crush the Enemy’s attacks on others. I’m not talking about some glib or self-righteous dismissal of another person’s trials with a comment like, “Well, just praise the Lord, brother.” I’m not speaking of a spiritual brushoff with a few memorized words, but learning how to actually go on the attack and use the power of praise to break the power of the Enemy’s attack on someone, or his hold on them, as the case may be.
177. You must use wisdom when facing down the Enemy and using praise to help deliver someone who is under his attack or hold. You must believe personally, and then gently impart to them‚ that no matter how great a blow the Enemy has delivered, I can and will turn it around and eventually make it a thing of wonder and beauty and good for them.
178. Look for even the tiniest seed of positiveness or hope or praise‚ and build on that. The tiniest spark is all you need to build a fire of praise and victory. The tiny spark will usually be easier for you to see than it will be for the person going through the battle. Once you see it, pray for wisdom in how to use it, and then gently blow upon it until it ignites. That doesn’t mean you have to disregard the battle, or pretend it’s not there or not so serious. But as you look to Me for wisdom, I will show you how to build their faith and encourage them, and as you praise Me, it will bring positive spiritual power into the atmosphere. You might have to praise Me for a while before they have the strength to start praising Me themselves. But encourage their every effort, for it’s that decision to praise that drives the Enemy far away, and brings the healing balm that will renew them and help them to recover from whatever they have suffered.
179. As you grow in praise power, your resistance against attacks will also grow—not just around you, but around those close to you as well. Just as fear can get ahold of many‚ praise has the opposite effect and can strengthen the faith of many.
When the Devil smashes your life and leaves you in broken pieces, God can come in, take those pieces, and create the most beautiful stained glass window the world has ever seen. God loves to turn our every impossibility into the most wonderful opportunity you have ever had.
[End of box]
180. (Mama:) I thought it was interesting what the Lord said in the preceding message about using praise to help others, and the need to be wise and sensitive in how we do it‚ so we won’t come across as if we’re minimizing the other person’s difficulties. I was thinking about it and realized that is something that could really stand in the way of our desire to change our speech habits and become more praiseful, if we’re afraid of coming across unsympathetic or self-righteous or lacking in understanding when someone is explaining a difficulty that they have. Whether you’re just greeting someone in passing and they mention a minor difficulty or trial, or whether someone is pouring out their heart in a much more serious setting, either way it could be difficult to know how to respond with praise, while not minimizing the trouble or making the person think that you don’t care and don’t understand or relate.
181. It’s much easier‚ more relatable, and sounds more understandable to respond with, “Oh, bummer, I’m so sorry!” or, “Oh dear, that’s terrible!” Those types of responses validate the problem and make the person feel like you understand, but they don’t bring the power of praise into the situation and they don’t help in winning the war.
182. So I realized that this could be a legitimate roadblock to our making praise a habit in our lives, if we’re hesitant to say something praiseful or to manifest a spirit of praise in those kinds of situations, for fear that it will come across trite, insincere‚ self–righteous, or as if we’re glossing over the difficulty. We asked the Lord how we can learn to be praiseful and still supportive and understanding and encouraging at the same time. His counsel was wise and enlightening, as always, and very doable!
183. (Jesus:) On the one hand, you want the person who is sharing their heart with you to know that you feel for them and you understand their pain, yet you also want to help them to find the remedy for their discouragement or sadness by giving them the healing potion of praise. However, it is difficult to hand someone the cure when you both realize they would rather just have the sympathy. But, as with a physical wound, you would sympathize with the one who is hurt and hug them and let them know that you understand why they’re crying, yet that wouldn’t stop you from tending to their wound.
184. It’s the very same principle when you’re dealing with someone’s spirit. When someone has told you about something difficult they’re going through, or some bad thing that happened to them in the past, or whatever, they’re in essence showing you a wound on their spirit. It’s your responsibility to treat them lovingly and with great care, but it’s also your responsibility to help treat the wound.
185. In this case I’m showing you that the correct treatment is praise. In order to help that person not only feel understood but also feel better spiritually, you must learn to lovingly apply the potion of praise. It does take tact and wisdom, because you definitely don’t want to come across as self-righteous or as if you’re downplaying their hurt.
186. A key to “getting it right” is found in checking your heart. If your heart is right and your motive is right‚ then you’re more likely to come across right in your actions and speech as well. When that person is sharing their heart with you, or even blurting out their problems, your heart should be one of understanding and sympathy. You should listen and show them that you care. You can do this by hugging them or nodding your head as they talk, actively showing that you’re listening.
187. Once you’ve shown that you do care and understand what they’ve expressed to you, you then need to take the next step by offering them a dose of praise. It’s important for you to listen and sympathize first. Just as a doctor listens to his patients describe their illness or symptoms before he prescribes any medication, so must you listen to their hearts before you prescribe the pills of praise. If you cut them off before they’re through sharing their heart, then they will most likely be closed off to hearing your praises or positive response.
188. Once you’ve listened, then claim the keys of brotherhood, or the keys of praise, or the keys of love and tact, so that you can present the praises in the way that will turn their key and help to heal their wounds.
189. Let’s say someone is having a very difficult relationship battle. Perhaps this has been going on for many months and they’re very discouraged and weary of the fight. They’ve shared their heart with you and are in tears; you’ve listened and sympathized, and you’re wondering how you can lift their heart up with praise without sounding insensitive or unfeeling.
190. Each situation and person will require a different presentation, so it’s very important to be in tune with Me and the keys of love. In a situation like this, saying something like, “Well, let’s see what there is to be thankful for instead of sitting here grumbling” probably isn’t going to help them accept the balm of praise. But you could say‚ “You’ve definitely been through a lot with this situation. The Lord must certainly think you’re special by giving you such an experience.” Or‚ “The Lord must have something very precious in store for you because of what He’s asking you to go through now.”
191. Although you weren’t necessarily saying‚ “Thank You, Jesus, for such-and-such,” you were drawing attention to the positive. You were placing the focus on Me and speaking faith and hope, instead of only sympathizing with the sadness. To be praiseful you don’t only have to say‚ “Praise You‚ Jesus, for this. Thank You, Lord, for that.” Positive speech is a big part of praise as well, because it’s manifesting faith in Me. And as they hear those positive words and statements of faith, it will help them to focus more on the positive as well. It will remind them that, “Yes, the Lord must have a reason for allowing me to go through this. I’m sure there is a good purpose to it all.”
192. Even in your praises you can show your concern for the person. It’s okay to sympathize with the person, but you can do so in a positive way. You can acknowledge their pain or trial with a praise. And note that a praise doesn’t necessarily mean thanking Me for the exact opposite of what they’re going through.
193. If someone is having a battle, you don’t always have to use praises like, “Well, thank the Lord you’re not battling with that instead.” Or, “Aren’t you thankful you’re only battling this little thing and not all this other stuff as well?” An alternative is to acknowledge their battle with understanding coupled with praise. You could say, “Oh, Jesus, thank You for trusting so-and-so to go through this difficult battle. You know that it’s causing him to grow closer to You‚ which is so important to You.” Right there you’ve acknowledged his difficulty with a praise, and already he feels understood, as well as more positive about that particular battle.
194. It’d help you to remember that saying a positive comment that testifies to faith in Me is often as helpful as saying a praise, and can move things into a more praiseful vein. Positiveness and praise are interrelated.
195. Each situation is different, and the only way to know how to say the right thing is to ask Me. On the spot, just ask Me to give you the words to say. Then don’t be afraid to apply that potion of praise, mixed with love and humility. You owe it to your brother to care for his spiritual health.
196. (Jesus:) Learning to help another see the good and praise Me for the difficulties or challenges they are facing is part of learning to take on My mind‚ become more like Me, and allow Me full possession. I am all-loving, all-caring, all-understanding, and I weep with you when you weep. I share your burdens and heartaches. Yet I also ask you to praise Me for the difficulties, battles, and heartaches. I teach you to rise above, to fight with the new weapons of the spirit‚ and I give you direction‚ help‚ and even a push in the right direction when you need it.
197. Calling on the keys of full possession, and asking Me to help you be My love‚ care‚ and support to the one you are talking with is the first step. Make sure to ask for My love to fill you so that you don’t come across self-righteous, uncaring, or unsympathetic.
198. The next step to ensure you are not minimizing the other person’s struggle is to let them finish talking before you try to offer help or advice. Once someone has been able to express their battle or problem, they are much more likely to feel at least a bit relieved, which will make it much easier for them to accept a solution.
199. Then you can gently and lovingly bring up the need to praise. If you start with a sympathetic or understanding comment (especially when someone is really going through it or struggling with a very intense battle) and then move into praise, it will also help make it easier for the person to receive. There are many different ways you can respond that will help you to do this. I’ll give you some examples, but these are just starting points and ideas. It’s best to hear from Me on the spot so I can show you exactly what to say to that person at that moment. Here are some examples:
200. “That’s really rough, I’m so sorry. Can I pray for you?” And then you can start your prayer with praise. For example, “Thank You so much, Jesus, that we have You to run to when we’re facing problems or difficulties. Thank You that You’ve given us the power to rise above, and as we praise and wield the keys, You always give solutions and answers to even the most difficult problems.”
201. “Wow! I’ll keep you in my prayers. I can help you think of things to praise for in this situation if you’ll help me next time I’m struggling.”
202. “I’m sorry. Sometimes when I’m really low I start by imagining the worst scenarios I can think of, and I thank the Lord that it’s not that bad. It helps when I really don’t feel like praising, but I know I need to.”
203. “You’re such a fighter! I really admire you for carrying on in spite of that. I think we need to praise the Lord; a little undefeatable weapon wielding could certainly help.”
204. Watch your tone of voice and your body language. If you have a concerned, understanding tone of voice and approach the subject humbly, it really helps. Simple affection when someone is going through it is another very effective way to show understanding and support, and avoid coming across hard or judgmental.
Changing our speech habits, and learning to show concern and understanding while still using praise
205. (Mama:) Somewhat related is the scenario I mentioned earlier about the smaller difficulties, and how we often respond to one another by validating the difficulty rather than using the weapon of praise.
206. For example, say you’re going out with the kids for an appointment, and the car you’re supposed to take is late in coming home. You voice your difficulty to someone … how can they respond praisefully without sounding like they’re minimizing your difficulty? Or, you’ve just worked hard on laying out the Home newsletter, when your computer crashes and you lose your work. You’re telling someone about it at dinner … how can they respond sympathetically, and still with a spirit of praise? You come home from a long day of outreach with very few tools out or visible “proof” to show for your hours of labors of love. How should those who greet you and hear about your day respond with appreciation and understanding for your long day, and still wield the weapon of praise?
207. These types of daily interactions and exchanges are smaller instances, but it’s still important that we make the change to become more praiseful. That way we’ll not only be a lot more victorious even in the smaller battles, but we’ll also build good habits and first reactions‚ so that when the bigger things hit, we’re well versed in wielding our praise weapons! Here’s some counsel from our Husband on how we can make it a habit to bring praise into our conversations more faithfully, without fearing that we’re coming across self-righteously or minimizing each other’s efforts and difficulties.
208. (Jesus:) Even in the small things, it’s important to build the habit of speaking faith and praising Me. One way to do this without coming across self–righteously or condescendingly is to all discuss it as a Home, and make a push on it together. You could also talk about what presentation people prefer when those types of scenarios come up.
209. Some people prefer to be treated a little more “tough,” perhaps with a comment like, “It’s just a ‘praise the Lord’ situation,” or, “We need to find something to thank the Lord for‚” or something to that effect. For others, a more gentle, encouraging approach makes it easiest for them to start praising when they’re expressing difficulty. If each person thinks and prays about this and shares what is most helpful to them in these types of scenarios, it can be a good, uniting experience, and very helpful in knowing how to help each other.
210. However, if you’re not sure what someone’s preference is, it’s always safer to go the gentler, more understanding route. You don’t want to risk coming across uncaring or self-righteous, so unless you know for a fact that the person wants and appreciates a more straightforward approach‚ be gentle.
211. Agreeing together that you’re going to make a push as a Home to change your speech habits and build the habit of praise together also helps the reminders not to be so “personal‚” and can help those who are sensitive to more easily accept the praiseful responses without taking it personally. Having a “code word” that you all agree on as a reminder to praise can also help to make it more matter-of-fact, and less difficult to accept.
212. Remember that the more secure your mates are in your love for them and your appreciation of them (which you have to voice—and the more often the better!), the easier it will be to give and take reminders and to accept help from each other. A good rule of thumb is that for every “reminder” or “heads up” you give, also give at least two compliments, hugs, or loving deeds. That way no one will feel they are being picked on, and everyone will be much less likely to respond sensitively when something is pointed out to them.
213. Here are a few examples of approaches that you might want to try, or responses you can use and adapt as you’re trying to make praise more of a natural response to any situation.
214. (Mama:) You could start by discussing the scenarios listed in paragraph 206‚ or come up with other similar ones that will make for relatable discussion in your Home.
215. Some people don’t really like having specific examples like the ones the Lord gives in the paragraphs that follow, because they feel it’s corny to follow them and put them into practice in real life. And it can be a little awkward or embarrassing, because everyone knows you’re copying what you just read. But the Lord gives us examples because He wants to make it easy for us to put “skin” on the lessons He’s sharing. And when we’re trying to form new habits, or break old ones, it sometimes helps to have specific examples even of things to say, to help you apply the lesson until you get the hang of it.
216. So sometimes we just have to follow the Lord’s instructions, even if by rote, until we learn the lesson or make it a habit. You can also ask the Lord to give you other examples that accomplish the same purpose.
217. When you find yourself in a situation where these praise principles apply, look at it as an exercise in using the spiritual weapon of praise, something that you’re going to put into practice even if you feel like you’re just copying exactly what the Lord said. After a while it will come more naturally and the awkwardness will be past, and we’ll all have formed good habits of praise.
218. It will probably be a little awkward at first, but that’s why the Lord suggests discussing it as a Home, so you all agree together that you’re going to work on it, and just treat it as a homework assignment from our Heavenly Teacher, a practice exercise in using your spiritual weapons, and all do it together!
[End of box]
219. —”Tell her she’s beautiful” approach: Compliment the person and appreciate them for how well they’re handling the situation, even though it’s not easy or smooth. Even if they’re struggling with it a bit, they’re probably doing quite well, all things considered. That way you’re bringing praise into the situation while still showing concern and appreciation for the difficulty they’re facing.
220. —Praise Me that it isn’t worse: Even thinking of outlandishly horrible circumstances can help you realize how much there is to praise Me for, and can bring a touch of humor to the situation as well.
221. —Praise Me for what I might do through it: Think of all the things I could want to bring about as victories through the situation, and praise Me that something wonderful is going to come of it. And, like spiritual gravity, something wonderful will come of it when you create that spiritual vacuum for Me through faith and praise!
222. —Grab a huge slice of humble pie: Just approach the situation realistically, saying something like, “This must be one of those tests to see if we’re just going to praise the Lord anyway. And we’re going to pass it!”
223. As you discuss these things as a Home, I’ll give you other ideas of ways to approach situations humbly, and yet become proficient in wielding the weapon of praise at all times!
224. (Jesus:) I want to tell you a few things about praise that you might not have realized.
225. First, when you praise Me‚ your spirit is surrounded with supernatural power. You don’t understand much about the realm of the spirit, and how locations and time and space all have different rules in the spiritual realm. But if you can receive it, praise dwells in the highest parts of Heaven, and when you praise‚ your spirit is surrounded by those attributes of Heaven—spiritual power, happiness, peace‚ and protection against the attacks of the Enemy.
226. Second, when you murmur, doubt‚ entertain negativity, and especially when you voice those things, you are providing actual pathways for the Enemy to enter your “atmosphere.” So while praise is a protection against the Enemy—and not only protects your spirit, but actually provides a degree of protection for the physical space around you too—those negative attitudes and words actually provide what could be compared to a superhighway for the Enemy to get in.
227. If your Home is praiseful, full of thankfulness and words that glorify Me and honor Me and uplift Me, you have a great degree of protection against the Enemy—not only protection for your collective spirits, but also protection for your location—your house, the transport you’re taking, wherever you are. That is another of the benefits of praise and how it is part of your armor and offensive weaponry of the spirit.
228. As far as a proactive weapon, you can often keep the Enemy and any other evil spirit away from you or your place of habitation by having a praiseful spirit. If you continually praise Me in spirit and are constantly thankful, the evil has a hard time having its way with you. You have to realize that things like fear, murmuring‚ cursing, complaining, etc., provide actual pathways for the Enemy to enter your atmosphere. So if you maintain a godly attitude, a praiseful spirit, it’s like raising the drawbridge‚ and the Enemy has no entrance into your place of being. I’m not talking just about your spirit when I say “place of being,” but in this case I mean more your vehicles, your house, the road you’re on—not only your spiritual place of being‚ but the physical place too. You can actually keep the Enemy out of those physical places by keeping an attitude of praise around those places.
229. If an attitude of praise inhabits everything you do and permeates everywhere you go, the Enemy simply can’t find entrance. He’ll try sometimes and he might buffet you, but if you keep your arms up in the spirit, as Moses did, he cannot gain entrance into the ground you have claimed‚ whether it’s the road you are driving on, the store you are entering, or the house you are living in. That’s why I have My people do Jericho marches‚ and that’s why I have called it that, because it is a literal takeover of the physical place in the spirit with praise and prayer.
230. Praise is an offensive and proactive weapon that can defeat any enemy, and even keep the Enemy out of your territory, so use it! It’s powerful‚ it’s valuable, it’s precious, and it’s one of My prime weapons that I have given you, My Endtime army in training.
231. Third, praise also has a great influence on those you’re around. If you’re in a situation that is dangerous, frightening, difficult, or taxing‚ maintaining an attitude of praise not only strengthens your spirit and helps you have the connection to Me that you need, but it also influences the situation positively, because it limits the influence the Enemy is able to have.
232. By yielding to a praiseful attitude, you create an atmosphere around you that destroys the power of all of the evil spirits that oppose the heavenly realm, all of the ungodly attitudes that emanate from the Enemy’s realm. Let’s say you have to give a talk to a large group of people and you start to get attacked by fear. Well, praise can destroy that attitude. If you start thanking Me and praising Me in your heart and letting a spirit of praise fill you, you begin to destroy the fear and the grasp it has on you.
233. If a spirit of fear is attacking you, start praising Me, even if it is quietly and in a whisper. Start yielding to a praiseful attitude. Start praising Me in your heart. Lift up your hands and your voice if you have to. But the main point is to yield to and establish a praiseful attitude in your heart and mind, and out of your lips and your body if you are able.
234. The atmosphere of fear cannot coexist with the atmosphere of praise, and by yielding to praise you are destroying the hold that the spirit of fear has on you. You might not feel like it at first‚ or you might. But the point is to yield to praise in spite of your fear, and the fear will have to leave, no question about it.
235. It’s the same with any number of attitudes or spiritual vapors of the Enemy. If you’re being questioned by someone who is suspicious of you, strive to take on an attitude of praise in your heart; start rebuking the Enemy in your spirit and start yielding to praise. Praise can uproot and fight against the spirits of suspicion or any other spirits that might be in their hearts attacking you.
236. If you yield to an attitude of praise as much as you can, what you are really doing is letting Me into the atmosphere, and I am more powerful than any attitudes or spirits that others might have motivating them.
237. Your praise is a more powerful attitude than any negative or evil attitude those around you may have had. I’m talking about real praise, a real attitude of the heart. If you can garner praise about you and absolutely yield to it, it will defeat fear and disarm suspicion.
238. That’s how powerful praise is, and it’s about time that you realized this, for I have given you, My children, the most powerful of weapons‚ and you need to begin to use these weapons to disarm your adversary and to release his hold on anyone you meet. Of course, there will come a time for many of you that it will be My time to call you Home, or that you will be persecuted as a witness, and in that time the Enemy will think he’s claiming his due. But even in the case of death, you will simply turn around and see your body behind you and say, “Death‚ where is your sting?” as you pass into My arms.
239. Remember, everyone on Earth is yielding to spirits, to attitudes, and when you encounter murmuring, foul-mouthedness‚ complaining, hatred, bitterness, backbiting, jealousy‚ criticalness, or any of a number of foul spirits, what you need to do is start yielding to praise in your heart, in your mind‚ and in your body if you can. This will displace these spirits and they will have to flee and let go of their hold in the face of praise, if you plant your feet and make your stand there.
240. They cannot exist there. Why? Because praise dwells in Heaven—and not only in Heaven but in the heights of Heaven—and these spirits do not. So when you bring the heights of Heaven to your very spirit, attitude, heart and mind, and from thence into the atmosphere around you, these evil spirits have to leave. They have to take their Hell and get out of there, because you have claimed the land and staked it out for Me.
241. (Jesus:) Through praise, My children attacked and defeated the spiritual forces inhabiting their enemy. As long as Moses could keep praising Me, while Aaron and Hur held up his arms, the Israelites would prevail. It was a tough battle, for this was war in the physical and in the spiritual, but as long as Moses could maintain the spiritual attitude of praise in such a spiritual war, and as long as he could maintain the spiritual high ground, eventually the enemies would have to leave. He grew weary of praising, and his arms were heavy, so I sent My soldiers to uphold his arms, and his praises literally won the war (Exo.17:8-13).
[End of box]
242. (Jesus: ) Here are a few more examples of situations you may face and how you can fight and win them with praise. Say you’re on your way to an important appointment, to meet with someone of influence. You already had a hectic time getting out the door, and the day hasn’t gone as smoothly as you’d hoped. But you’re on your way, getting prayed up, and trying to do your best to prepare for this appointment, because you know that if you can win this man‚ it will greatly help your work to continue in your field.
243. But on your way‚ you get stopped in a big traffic jam due to an accident further up the road. There’s nothing you can do but sit there and try not to get frantic. In this case you don’t have a way to contact this man to tell him that you’re going to be late. Your initial reaction might be one of panic. You feel it would be a very negative testimony to be late, but there’s nothing you can do but sit there and wait for the traffic to clear.
244. The Enemy would like to get you worked up and frazzled about it, thus in the end defeating you, because he doesn’t want you to win this victory. But instead you take the opportunity to fight the battle with praise. You start praising Me for your many blessings, for the victory of getting an appointment with this man‚ for the faith that I’m going to give you as you speak with him, for how it’s going to open wonderful doors of fruitfulness and witness in your field. You praise Me that the Enemy is not going to be able to defeat you. You praise Me that even if you are late, there’s a specific reason for it‚ and you’re not going to get in a frantic spirit, which will hinder your witness in the end. You praise Me that somehow I’m going to work this out and bring about a Romans 8:28.
245. As you’re fighting the battle in praise, I miraculously start to clear the traffic for you. It seemed an impossibility, but I do it for you, because your praise has empowered Me to do the impossible and to open the way before you. You make it to your appointment just in time, and you’re not all hurried and worried, but rather full of thankfulness and praise and faith. You are shining for Me‚ and this immediately draws this man to you and you have a wonderful connection with him right from the start. This is an example of a battle won through praise.
246. Picture yourself in bed fighting a serious illness. It’s so easy for one who is sick to give in to feelings of despair or discouragement, and that is exactly where the Enemy wants to keep you, because he can not only slow the healing process, but rake you over the coals at the same time and make you feel miserable for as long as he can.
247. But you decide you’re not going to give in to him and that you’re going to praise Me even through your affliction. As you begin to praise Me, even if all you can do is whisper the words and say them in your heart, you begin feeling My comfort and My love in a supernatural way. As you continue praising, I ease the pain and I bring you relief and sweet sleep, and through this thankfulness of spirit, and the subsequent rest you receive of both body and spirit, your healing process is greatly speeded up. You are not only given grace for the trial, but you come through faster and with more faith and strength than before.
248. No matter what the battle, if you can turn the discouraging, negative feelings and reactions of the Enemy around and shoot them back in his face through your praises, you will win. It doesn’t matter if the physical manifestations of the victory are not immediate; your spirit is uplifted and you are put in a position to fight much more effectively. And by having that spirit of faith and praise, you get an extra dose of grace and power to see you through the battle, no matter what it is, even if you are facing death, or serious pain, or a very trying emotional battle. Use praise to defeat the Enemy and to lift your spirit above the clouds, as you soar on the wings of praise and rise above.
249. (Mama: ) All of this instruction from the Lord about praise is very inspiring and motivating‚ and it sounds pretty simple—and it is. The catch is, you have to do it. And usually in the midst of battle‚ praise is the very last thing you feel like doing. That’s because the Enemy knows that as soon as you start praising, he is defeated. So he tries hard to keep you from praising. But forcing yourself to do it even when you don’t feel like it is how you become tougher as a soldier, a better fighter. That’s one way of becoming more skilled—learning to use these weapons of the spirit when you know they’re called for, even—and especially—when you don’t feel like it.
250. (Jesus:) Praise is one of the most powerful weapons I have given you. Why? Because it is effective instantaneously, and the effects are felt immediately. It’s so fast that it zaps the Enemy’s power before he has a chance to get started. When used at the onset of a battle, it throws his weapons out of order and defeats them, sending him spinning, confused, unraveled, and unable to launch a clear attack.
251. It is also effective when used in the midst of a battle, and is a key to instant victory. However, when you don’t use it immediately, the Enemy has a chance to take root in your spirit, to weaken you and win a few rounds; therefore you aren’t as strong as you could be had you wielded the weapon right away when faced with a battle. The longer you let the Enemy have the advantage, the stronger hold he gains in your mind and spirit, and the harder you have to fight to get rid of him.
252. The fastest way to win a fight is to defeat him before he even gets his act together. As soon as he pulls out his little guns, as he’ll use those first in the hopes that you won’t notice the attack and will be drawn into it, grab hold of the mighty weapon of praise and whack him good! Knock him for a loop so that he is totally disabled and in disarray. If you use praise right at the beginning, you’ll find that often you won’t even have to fight the entire battle because he becomes disoriented and immobilized and he retreats, because he needs time to regroup and get his act together or come up with new tactics. Praise, when used right at the beginning, always gives you the advantage and makes you an instant winner. Even when at times the battle continues for a little while, you can be sure that it will be easier and over quicker than if you hadn’t used your praise weapon.
253. In these days of battle, it is imperative that you, My brides, learn to wield the weapon of praise in a proactive way.—That you learn that you can’t wait until the Enemy has you engaged in serious combat before you pull it out and begin using it, but that you should launch an offensive against him right at the start of the battle, when you first feel those little nudges, those little thoughts, those little trials coming on, or you foresee some difficulties or problems arising. By using this weapon of praise in an offensive way you will generate more power and spiritual energy‚ because you won’t be weary from having to fight a long battle. You will impair the Enemy at the onset, destroy his weaponry, and force him to retreat.
254. Another way to look at the weapon of praise is to imagine a spray of disinfectant. When the kitchen is dirty, when there are some spills or messes, you take out that bottle of disinfectant and a nice clean cloth and whish, whish, whish … the bad smell, the dirty mess, and the harmful germs are gone. Things are clean and pure again, and you can now pull out the fresh good food and begin your preparations. Similarly, in the spirit you can take the spray bottle of praise and aim it directly at any oncoming attack and instantly kill any evil “bacteria” before it has a chance to settle or be absorbed into your spirit. It purifies your spirit. It removes any blockages that zap your strength, or any filth that would cloud your vision, and immediately boosts your faith.
255. Faith brings on the victory, and praise is the voice of faith! Any attacks of fear, disunity‚ anger, loneliness, selfishness, desire for the world or its temptations, fear of persecution, negativity or doubt can be given a fatal blow as you take up the weapon of praise and use it against the Enemy. It requires very little effort on your part, compared to the results it gives you. The power that is generated through praise, in conjunction with your yieldedness and letting go, wins the victory every time.
256. (Jesus: ) I have made you vessels of My Spirit, and the things you will accomplish through Me are going to be so mighty and so great you have only begun to dream what they will be like! As you keep yielding to Me, as you keep giving Me more of your time, your spirit, more of a place in your heart and attitude and mind and being, I will do miracles on Earth through you, just as My Father did through Me, yet much greater.
[End of box]
257. (Jesus: ) Praise is also a weapon which thwarts any oncoming attacks. In that sense it’s not only offensive and proactive, but also counteractive. It’s like an anti-ballistic missile that you can use to destroy the enemy’s incoming missiles before they have a chance to hit. Think of that! When used in this way, it becomes a more powerful and effective weapon than when used after an attack.
258. This is why I have encouraged My brides to praise Me always, to continually be voicing words of praise‚ of gratitude and of victory throughout the day, as by doing so, you create a shield of defense that the Enemy has a harder time penetrating. It lessens his blows by defusing them before they reach your spirit. You are less weakened by his attacks and are more empowered to face the challenges before you, whatever they may be.
259. Praise is not only a weapon of combat, but a weapon I have given you to help sharpen your spiritual life and outfit you for combat. Every day that you hone this weapon, even if there are no present battles or you’re not faced with any major fights at that moment, you prepare yourself and get stronger spiritually through its use, so that when the battles do come, you are not overwhelmed by them.
260. Regardless of what kinds of battles you face—whether for your personal life and walk with Me, for your Home and its needs, for others, or your children, your teens, or even for the future—your spirit is stronger to deal with them and the Enemy’s power in these attacks is lessened through your praise power. You rise above these problems and obstacles much more easily, and the battles are not as intense or debilitating as if you hadn’t been in the habit of using praise offensively.
261. In the days to come, each of you, My fighters, will be engaged in many battles. But I have given you these weapons to use not only to defend yourselves from oncoming attacks‚ but more importantly as offensive tools so that you will have the advantage in battle. You will be stronger, more agile, quicker to respond and counterattack at the slightest hint of an attack. You won’t wait until the damage is done, but you will learn how to use these weapons in order to deflect the bullets shot at you, to defuse the bombs and destroy the missiles before they even reach their intended target. This is what I am teaching you and how you will learn to rise above in battle.
262. But you must hone these skills faithfully and continually—during big battles, during small battles, even during peacetime when your spirit is quiet and there are no major upheavals. For as you do so, you will then be quick and sharp when faced with any battle and will have instant power to cause the evil one to retreat and be set back on his heels, reeling from a mighty blow.
263. (Jesus:) Yieldedness is a key element in the full functional power of the weapon of praise. When faced with a battle, by using praise and lifting your spirit to glorify Me, you are in essence giving Me full control of the battle. Your praises tell Me that you trust in Me and My power to bring victory. Your praises prove to Me that you’re depending on Me to win the battle‚ that you are letting go of your own works and depending on My power to save and deliver‚ to supply and work miracles, to care for and faithfully shepherd the flock of My pasture, to love and nurture My little ones, to help you overcome any temptation, to keep you dropped out and revolutionary, and to draw you closer to Me and make you into the man or woman that I need you to be. This declaration of dependence and praise greatly empowers you, My loves. I tell you now, the weapon of praise is one of the strongest weapons you can master. When used in conjunction with My will, you will be victorious in any battle.
264. (Mama:) The Lord gave us a list of some questions you can ask yourself to help determine areas in which you can do better in using the weapon of praise. This list isn’t to make you feel bad if you’re not doing all of them. It’s to challenge you, and give you ideas how you can do better! This is the year of strengthening‚ and in order to be strengthened, you have to find your weak points and work on them. So take this quiz with faith, happy that you’ll have a clear idea of where you can attack and practically apply all this wonderful counsel in your life!
[ ] When I wake up in the morning, are my first thoughts ones of praise and spending time letting Jesus know how much I love Him, and receiving His love?
[ ] Is praise/loving Jesus an integral part of my daily Word/personal time with Jesus?
[ ] Do I know who my praise angels are?
[ ] Do I communicate with my praise angels on a regular basis, getting practical tips‚ ideas, and instruction in the use of the weapon of praise?
[ ] Do I put into practice the personal tips and counsel I get on the subject of praise from the Lord and my praise angels?
[ ] When praising the Lord do I default to saying, “Thank You Jesus, thank You Lord,” or do I make a conscious effort to make my praises specific and meaningful?
[ ] Do I make an effort to praise the Lord in tongues whether or not I feel I “have the gift”?
[ ] Do I lift my arms to praise Jesus both in public and in private?
[ ] Am I an active participant in united praise times?
[ ] Do I put prayer, thought, and planning into my personal praise times, as well as those I lead for the Home, or with the children, so that our times of praise can be as meaningful and worthwhile as possible?
[ ] Do I praise out loud at “random times” during the day in front of others?
[ ] Is my first reaction to a difficult situation or problem to sincerely find something to thank and praise the Lord for, and think about how Romans 8:28 could be fulfilled through it? If I respond to bad news with “Oh great,” or “Bummer” (or even something worse, Lord help me!), do I catch myself and turn it into a praise?
[ ] Do I use the weapon of praise when I am personally attacked by the Enemy in any way? Do I wait until I’m well into the battle, or do I use it right at the beginning as an offensive weapon?
[ ] Do I use the weapon of praise when I am praying for others, or counseling them or helping them? Am I experienced in using it not to minimize whatever they’re going through, but in a way that it brings the Lord’s answers and solutions and a spirit of faith into the conversation?
[ ] Whenever I hear an answer to prayer, or win a victory, or finish a project, etc., do I take time to thank and praise Jesus? Do I get excited about the many daily miracles He does for me, and let Him and others know?
[ ] Is praise an integral part of my prayers and prayer vigil?
[ ] Do I keep a list of praise ideas, tips‚ quotes, etc., to help me during those times when I don’t feel like praising?
[ ] Do I have a reminder system of some sort to help me remember to praise?
[ ] When I am discouraged or battling heavily‚ do I pull out the weapon of praise as my first attack against the Enemy?
[ ] Would others in my Home‚ my children, and sheep consider me a positive, praiseful person?
[ ] Do I make an effort to use spare moments throughout the day to praise?
[ ] Are the praise/LJ songs part of the music I listen to?
[ ] Is praising, encouraging and appreciating others, especially the children, a strong point in my life? If not, am I taking definite steps to make it a strong point?
[ ] When I pray for the night‚ am I faithful to include praise and to count my blessings?
[ ] Is the spirit of our Home one of praise and thankfulness for the Lord’s supply, protection, provision, and leading? Or have we taken on a spirit of weariness and complaining and are just trying to survive?
[ ] Are our children gaining practice in praise and thankfulness, and learning from our good sample?
[ ] Does our Home regularly include singing and praise time as part of our meetings‚ devotions, classes, etc.?
265. (Mama: ) We asked the Lord if there was anyone else we should be working with in the area of learning to use praise more, and specifically in learning how to use it as an offensive weapon. We know we have Natalia, who leads us in praise, and we have our personal praise angels, who nudge us and remind us to praise. You can review the information the Lord has given us about them in the Letter Links file, and if you haven’t yet discovered who your personal praise angels are, that would be a good priority for one of your next personal prophecy times! But we wondered if, in addition to them, the Lord had anyone else He wanted to reveal at this time.
266. As the Lord has told us before‚ if you imagine all the departed saints, and all the angels He’s created, it’s obvious that there are a lot of helpers up there, and we will probably be discovering more and more until we get there! But the Lord lets us know these things when it’s necessary‚ and reveals new ones when we need them. And now He has chosen to reveal a new squadron of warriors who are activated by our praises, and at our command when we use the weapon of praise—Peter mentioned them in one of his recent notices. They are called the Victory Squadron, or the Praise Squadron. These new helpers are warriors, and are here to help us learn how to use praise offensively, as a weapon of mass destruction against the Enemy! Before we introduce them, here is a little explanation from our Husband.
267. (Jesus:) When I speak to you of the Victory Squadron, I am emphasizing the use of praise as a weapon in defeating the Enemy. These angelic beings are here to be an integral part of the process of turning your praises into the victory. Your praises activate My power. That power is then channeled through these beings to overcome those who fight to hinder you, stop you, defeat you, or even destroy you.
268. Just as faith can bring new life, heal‚ uplift, envision‚ and destroy the works of darkness, stop the Enemy in his tracks and drive him back, praise can bring healing, salvation, joy and hope to the lost, or it can devastate, confound, send into confusion and bring suffering, pain and My wrath on the heads of the Enemy’s forces and those who give themselves over to them.
269. The children of David have learned to use praise as a powerful weapon for good and are familiar with its positive power and fruits. I’m sending in the Victory Squadron at this time because as the darkness grows‚ you are going to have to develop your skills in the use of praise as a weapon to drive back and destroy the Enemy.
270. You need to become more militant, more furious with Satan and the hell on earth which he is trying to bring. You need to launch attacks on his gates through militant, on-fire praising of Me for the victories. Praise Me for what I will do on your behalf‚ and as you praise Me in full faith, you trigger the release of the power which the Victory Squadron can then use to help bring it to pass.
271. There is a time for gentle love‚ patience, longsuffering, binding up the wounds and tending the flocks, and praise—and the other gifts of My Spirit are instrumental in bringing down the spiritual power to accomplish this. But there are also times to use the weapon of praise to curse, attack, aggressively track down and destroy the wolves and those whose purpose is to devour and drag into darkness. In the days ahead you’ll need both. I’m striving to strengthen this aspect of your weapon of praise to bring it into balance.
272. (Vision:) I’m seeing what appears to be a formation of beautiful white birds flying high in the sky above me. But these are no ordinary birds, because they’re huge and they’re flying at incredible speed in a v-formation, like geese do.
273. Now‚ in unison, the angle of their formation is starting to move upward toward the sun, and instead of looking like birds they appear to be a formation of fighter jets. But they still have beautiful, majestic, birdlike wings. There’s this beautiful harmony of wings, glistening white and armored silver.
274. Now their formation is flowing to the left, then downward, until I see the point of their formation pointing vertically and sharply toward Earth. It appears they are preparing to form some kind of “attack” position. I’m now able to zoom in and see them more clearly.
275. They’re beautiful angels of some kind. They have massive angelic wings which appear to be part of their arms. On their torsos and different parts of their bodies they’re wearing beautiful shining silver armor. That’s probably why they looked almost like fighter jets from afar, also because of the speed and formation in which they were traveling.
276. They have a very serious, determined look on their faces—a look of intense focus. Now I’m seeing what lies below them: It’s a massive dark and dirty horde of the Enemy’s forces gathered at ground level. Now I’m zooming out again and I’m seeing an incredible display of angelic force and power. This formation of angels is moving at what appears to be supersonic speed toward the Enemy’s forces! It looks like they’re actually going to smash right into them, but just as they’re about to do so, there’s a powerful blaze of laserlike light that emanates from the tip of the angelic formation, eradicating the Enemy’s forces of darkness below them. I’m looking at the Enemy’s forces, and it looks like “ground zero” where they were—a complete wasteland! They are literally G-O-N-E—completely eradicated! Wow‚ that’s so cool! They were literally evaporated, hallelujah! The angelic formation swoops over the wasteland below, before soaring into the air again with perfect ease and synchronization. They’re obviously familiar with this sort of mission—true professionals in every sense of the word!
277. Now, as if in conclusion of this awesome display of power, they all move downward again—although this time it’s as if they’re performing an aerial ballet, it’s so graceful and beautiful. Still in their “formation” positioning, each one of them floats gently to the ground. As they lower their wings, their wings disappear and they each raise their arms in jubilant praise to our Husband and Lover.
278. (Jesus:) These praise angels are who I want you to start calling on when it comes to using praise specifically as an offensive weapon against the Enemy. They are professionals!—Created and empowered to annihilate the Enemy every time. They are sharp and skilled angelic military strategists of the highest level—My “fighter jets” of the spirit! You may refer to them as the “Praise Squadron,” or the “Victory Squadron‚” named after their echelon military formation and because praise is the victory and always wins out over the Enemy. So according to your personal preference, you may refer to them as either one.
279. (Question:) Dear Love, are these the same as our praise angels? Do our praise angels become part of this Victory Squadron when they need to, or are they separate entities?
280. (Jesus:) This Praise Squadron is separate from your personal praise helpers. The Praise Squadron will help you learn how to be more militant and aggressive in your praises and use them to target and defeat the Enemy. The Praise Squadron is an integral part of the praise hierarchy in the spiritual realm, as well as part of the link and connection between you first using the weapon of praise and the “performance” or “completion” of the weapon of praise being used offensively against the Enemy’s forces.
281. I wish for My brides to learn to use the weapon of praise more as an offensive weapon on a regular basis—in preemptive strikes against the Enemy—rather than the more defensive approach with praise when you find yourself under attack.
282. I want My children to get stirred up in spirit when it comes to praise and actively use it in a more militant style of spirit and speech. When I say militant, I mean that you are trained and disciplined personally in your use of praise‚ and you do it whether you feel like it or not—you throw yourself into praise to Me, you call on the help of those who assist you in praise and in defeating the Enemy through your praises‚ and through that decision, you become strong against the Enemy, for praise is the undefeatable weapon! This is where My Praise Squadron comes in: They are skilled military strategists in the field of praise and its power against the forces of evil.
283. So it would behoove all My children to call on the Victory Squadron to give them more of an aggressive “fighter” nature when it comes to using praise as an offensive weapon against the Enemy. Any one of My children can call on the Victory Squadron to not only remind them to not take the Enemy’s attacks lying down, but to spiritually instruct them in becoming a more skilled and accomplished proactive strategist and fighter in the spirit when both praying and praising.
284. When each of My children seek Me as to how to personally become a more militant fighter and praise-wielder—which each one of My brides should do—calling on the Victory Squadron as part of your offensive weaponry of praise is an important part of being able to receive all the personal and custom–made instruction I wish to give each of My brides.
285. (Jesus:) The Victory Squadron are both activated by your praises and are the official executors of My praise power against the Enemy’s strongholds and attacks. They are also skilled instructors in spiritual warfare.
286. Looking at it in a military sense, when you call on the Victory Squadron‚ you’ll instantly be assigned your own praise “combat companion” in the form of one of the Victory Squadron going into battle with you, instructing you in the art of strategic offensive praise warfare. They will guide you in the how-tos of offensive praise so it’s executed with pinpoint accuracy against the Enemy.
287. These Praise Squadron angels work in unison with your personal praise angels, but they are specifically equipped and empowered to help you and personally instruct you in tough, rigorous times of combat and warfare against the Enemy. As I said‚ as you call on them, they will go into battle side by side with each of you, My brides.
288. So, yes‚ just as your praise angels do, they will prod and remind you to praise, but their specific expertise lies in instructing and teaching you how to use praise proactively and aggressively against the Enemy. Just as a soldier has to be skilled in not just one area of combat but many, My Praise Squadron have a three-fold mission and portfolio: To prod and encourage you to praise; to instruct you personally in becoming a more powerful offensive praise–wielder; and to execute My praise power against the Enemy and his forces.
289. Each one of you has an invisible and powerful “soldier at arms” beside you from one of the many Victory Squadrons when you activate their power in preemptive strikes against the Enemy, as well as during times of protracted battle against his forces. There are literally Victory Battalions of the spirit—made up of thousands upon thousands of Victory Squadrons—further than the eye can see! They are at your command when you call on them, and their full power is seen when you let loose with unrestrained praise!
290. (Jesus:) You might wonder, if I’ve told you that even one of My angels could take on all the demons of Hell and Satan himself, why do you need all these multitudes of Victory Squadrons? Why not just send down Michael and let him blast away, and presto-chango, problem solved?
291. The answer is similar to why not just drop a nuclear bomb on any enemy you might have? Problem solved—or is it?
292. If your only goal is total destruction, that might work. If your goal is as Mine is: to do all I can to help each soul I have created to choose the light of their own free will, then it becomes an entirely different scenario.
293. Millions in the days ahead will turn to Me in their times of desperation. These multitudes of Praise Battalions are designed to ensure that the minions of Satan are silenced, held at bay‚ or driven back in accordance with the choices of man in these days of darkness. They are the manifestation of both your prayers for the lost and the prayers of all My children in the spiritual realm for those who must pass through these days of Great Tribulation.
[End of box]
294. (Mama: ) One question that has come up is what the Lord means when He says that your prayers and praises “obliterate,” “destroy,” and “annihilate” the Enemy. We know that Satan’s demons have a part to play‚ so we’re not going to be able to wipe them all out or permanently destroy them. Later on, the Lord will cast Satan and his demons into the Lake of Fire, to remain for a long time, or until they repent, or whatever the Lord sees fit. But until then, it doesn’t seem like we can permanently ban them from coming around or permanently get rid of them.
295. So we have several times asked the Lord what He means when He says we have power to destroy them or obliterate them. He has explained that when He says that, He means that we are destroying their power, we’re obliterating them from the area around us, and in that sense we have won total victory right then. Depending on how great the defeat is for them, we sometimes even have a little rest in the spirit before they regroup and attack again—or sometimes we have to face another attack right away.
296. Our prayers and praises are powerful, and have the power to silence the attack, completely cut off the Enemy’s power, and send him screaming in defeat, but they don’t completely and permanently destroy the demons, because the Lord is allowing them to continue to serve His purpose. So when the Lord uses words like “eradicate‚” “devastate‚” etc., in regards to what we can do to the Enemy, He’s referring to the effect we have on the Enemy’s power that he’s trying to use against us‚ not necessarily that we are permanently destroying the demons themselves. Most of you have probably come to that conclusion already, but since I had the question, I figured some of you might have it too, and so I wanted to share the Lord’s answer with you.
297. May the Lord help us all to progress as ever better warriors for Him, wielding our powerful spiritual weapons offensively, and bringing His light and salvation and deliverance to as many as possible!
Fighting right beside you, Mama
298. Keep the keys of praise on your lips at all times, and you will be invincible.
299. The keys of praise unlock the door to greater faith.
300. Call on the keys of praise to drown out Satan’s voice and dissipate discouragement.
301. Release the power of the keys of praise and they will help you to overcome in spite of everything.
302. The keys of praise will lift your spirit and keep you on a positive track.
303. The keys of praise protect your thoughts and open the door to My mind.
304. Praise Me for everything in your life—the good and the bad, the pretty and the ugly, the joyous and the sad—and you will experience peace and contentment that transcends the boundaries of the earth or flesh.
305. Call on the keys of praise to fill your heart, mind, and entire being with the positive attitude that you seek.
306. Praise, the power of the keys, and looking to Me are the secret. So don’t start looking at the waves. Claim My keys, praise Me, look to Me for guidance, and I will never fail to calm the sea, give you safe passage, and make the mountain of obstacles fade away.
307. The keys of praise will defeat the Enemy and all his ways.
308. The keys of praise are an unbeatable force that you can tap into at any time. Use them and you’ll always come out victorious!
309. The keys of praise are mighty, powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword. They are ready and willing to cut the Devil right to the heart and send him screaming. When you’re weary and discouraged, and feel like you have no strength to rise above the circumstances, call on these keys and they will lift you up and out of the stormy seas, and set you on dry land again.
310. Use the weapon of praise with your whole heart and you will break the Enemy’s hold on you.
311. Praise will release all that you need for any trial or difficulty. Call on the keys of praise to help you praise Me.
312. Those who hold on to praise with their whole hearts, putting off pride‚ will do great and mighty exploits.
313. Praise will keep you through every tempest and storm.
314. My children never need to worry or fret when they have the undefeatable‚ unstoppable, almighty weapon of praise on their side!
315. Praise‚ and do not stop praising Me, and you will know no boundaries.
316. Claim the keys and praise your way to victories that the Devil will never be able to recover from or resist.
317. The Enemy cannot stand praise. Use the amazing, power-packed keys of praise to slam him to the ground in defeat.
318. The keys of praise are a powerful, miracle-working weapon that you possess; use them and you will see magnificent results.
319. Praise Me even when you don’t feel like it, for the keys of praise will bring victory out of seeming defeat. It’s always the right time to praise.
320. The keys of praise will outlast, outlive, and overpower anything that comes against them. Use them, and see the results!
321. I ride upon the wings of your praise. Therefore claiming the keys and praising in any situation, especially a negative situation, brings Me right to the forefront of the battle, where I draw out My sword and cut the Enemy to the heart.
322. Praise leads directly to the center of My heart. Claim the keys when you praise and I will run quickly to you with all My power available to win the battle.
323. Praise is the atmosphere of Heaven. It’s what the inhabitants breathe in to nourish their souls, and it’s what they breathe out to nourish the framework of a loving society. Call on the keys and praise to create the same atmosphere in your Home.
324. Praise is the hand of faith that pulls the trigger and eliminates the Enemy. The keys of praise will always bring you victory or reprieve.
325. In a standoff with the Devil, the keys of praise will help you to blind the Enemy and overrun his position immediately.
326. The keys of praise are the weapon of choice for anyone who wishes to be one of My champions.
327. The keys of praise should be your primary offensive weapon. Use them to obliterate any evil spirit or negative mindset.
328. Using the keys of praise sends a spiritual shock wave across the Enemy’s territory, clearing the way for you to march in and claim the land.
329. Having your new weapon of praise powered up and ready to fire at all times will give you the advantage you need in any situation where the Enemy might try to preempt you. The keys of praise work best if fired first. So fire them at all times and keep the Enemy running and dodging your spray of spiritual munitions.
[ ] “Faith and Healing,” ML #M:16-20, 23–24, 35-37, DB4
[ ] “Organization 1,” ML #54:6-12, DB4
[ ] “Run the Race‚” ML #1374, DB1
[ ] “Endure Hardness, as a Good Soldier‚” ML #2786:4-30, DB11
[ ] “Issues, Part 10,” ML #3397:8-27, GN 990
[ ] “Brazil National Prayer Day 2003,” ML #3456:170-182, 184-185‚ GN 1042
[ ] “Crowns on the Ice‚” ML #3465:195, GN 1053
[ ] “Getting Stronger—Part 2,” ML #3518:268-269, 274, 276-285, GN 1109
[ ] FJWL 1: #427
[ ] FJWL 2: #376, 454
[ ] “Fight The Good Fight” (excerpts), MOP 1
[ ] “Trials and Triumphs” (excerpts), Good Thots 2
[ ] “Suffering‚” #8, Word Basics
[ ] “Trials, Temptations and Tribulations,” #6-7, Word Basics
[ ] “Dumps‚” ML #33:21-23‚ DB4
[ ] “The Halloween Wheel,” ML #363:22, 26, 27, 30, DB6
[ ] “Count Your Blessings,” ML #1259:2, 6-13, DB1
[ ] “The Power of Positive Praise,” ML #1375:2-5‚ 12, 17-19, DB1
[ ] “How to Go on the Attack,” ML #2128:2, 4, 5, 8-9, 11–13‚ 18, 22, 24‚ DB7
[ ] “Praise and Sing Your Way to Victory,” ML #2833:1-7, 10, DB11
[ ] “Shepherding Our Children and Young People,” ML #3191:99-101‚ GN 796
[ ] “According to Your Praise Be It Unto You,” ML #3432:7, 8, 12, GN 1015
[ ] “Praise Your Way to Victory,” ML #3449:3-16, GN 1034
[ ] “Death to Depression, Part 2,” ML #3464:225-231‚ 235-241, Post-it GN #11
[ ] “Practicing Praise,” ML #3471:14-20, 40-42, 56–58, 81-84, GN 1059
[ ] “Renewal: A Praise Celebration,” ML #3494:11-17, 67, 69-70, GN 1079
[ ] “Shooting Straight, Part 1‚” ML #3499:162, GN 1086
[ ] “World Currents!—No.102,” ML #3528:361-363, 366-367, GN 1122
[ ] “The Art of War, Part 1‚” ML #3532:92-95, GN 1123
[ ] FJWL 1: #333, 339
[ ] FJWL 2: #86, 99
[ ] “Praise” (excerpts)‚ MOP2
[ ] “Communion with God: Praise and Thankfulness,” 52‚ 130, Thots 1
[ ] “Thankfulness,” 2, 3, 7, Word Basics
[ ] “Praise Him,” ML #3265:3, 128-129, 133-135, GN 868
[ ] “Christmas Praises 2001,” ML #3372:5-8, 11-12, 14-18, GN 967
[ ] “Practicing Praise,” ML #3471:107, 109-110, GN 1059
Note: For more on the power of praise, see the inspiring personal testimony Prison to Praise, now available among the book summaries in the Overflow section of the MO site.
[End of box]
(End of File)
Art of War, The–Part 2—Letter Links 2: Praise
May 9, 2005
Table of Contents
- The Halloween Wheel
- Count Your Blessings
- The Power of Positive Praise
- How to Go on the Attack
- Praise and Sing Your Way to Victory
- Shepherding Our Children and Young People
- According to Your Praise Be It Unto You
- Praise Your Way to Victory
- Death to Depression, Part 2
- Practicing Praise
- Renewal: A Praise Celebration
- Shooting Straight, Part 1
- World Currents!-No.102
- The Art of War, Part 1
- FJWL 1:333
- FJWL 1:339
- FJWL 2:86
- FJWL 2:99
- Communion with God: Praise and Thankfulness
- 2. Praising the Lord:
- 3. Have a continual attitude of praising God:
- 7. What to do when problems arise:
- SPIRIT HELPERS OF PRAISE
- Praise Him
- Christmas Praises 2001
- Practicing Praise
(ML #3533, GN 1131)
FD/MM/FM March 2005
ML #33:21-23‚ DB 4
21. (Dad:) “ALL THROUGH LIFE, MY BROTHER, IF YOU’D BE A HAPPY SOUL, KEEP YOUR EYE UPON THE DOUGHNUT—and NOT UPON THE HOLE!” “Keep your eyes upon the goal‚ and the victory in your soul; always shout, never doubt!” When the Devil tempts you to get down and discouraged—fight! Don’t even listen to him, much less surrender! Start doing something POSITIVE! Start saying something cheerful and encouraging.
22. DON’T JUST SIT THERE: DO SOMETHING—SING, SHOUT, PRAISE THE LORD, QUOTE SCRIPTURES! SOCK IT TO THE DEVIL WITH THE WORD! That’s the way Jesus did it when the Devil tempted Him and lied to Him! He just quoted the Scriptures: “It is written!” The Devil is a liar, and the father of it and he can’t take the Word! RESIST the Enemy and he’ll FLEE from you! Put on the helmet of Salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of Faith, to quench all the fiery darts of the Evil One; be girt with the Truth and shod with the Gospel of Peace‚ and take up that white–hot sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, and cut the Devil to the heart! Tell him to get behind and run—that you have no part in him and he has no part in you and he’s got no business there!
23. GET BUSY WORKING! GO OUT WITNESSING! HELP SOMEBODY ELSE! GET SO BUSY WITH THEIR TROUBLES YOU CAN’T THINK ABOUT YOUR OWN DAMN SELF! Get so busy trying to make somebody ELSE happy‚ you can’t help but be happy! Praise the Lord!
ML #363:22, 26, 27, 30, DB6
22. (Dad: ) A halo is like a spiritual crown, it’s a source of your power like a halo antenna, and why the halo is above the HEAD is apparently symbolic. The fact that it’s over your HEAD shows it’s a crown of power, a crown of revelation, a crown of authority and your power that the Lord has given you, like your Guardian Angel.
26. The power that God has given is able to destroy the works of the Enemy. By God’s Word, His Truth, His revelations, He destroys the power of the Enemy—DEMON powers! … It must be that when I’m discouraged like that, the Enemy is actually allowed to temporarily try to snatch it away from me, because obviously I was looking for it to try to get it back.
27. Murmuring, doubts and fears, the voice of doubt, they’re not FAITH, and the Lord is very displeased. So thank You Lord for faith, amen? You’re just sort of giving in to the Enemy when you murmur, doubt and fear‚ and when you do that he’s allowed to take it away from you temporarily until you get right with the Lord and start thanking the Lord and get back on the right track.—Then the power returns to exercise your gift by faith, to turn your Wheel!
30. The way I’m saying this here could … be that I’m talking to the LORD, that because of my discouragement and doubts the LORD takes it away, He temporarily lifts the gift and the anointing. … Maybe when we speak doubt and fear and murmur and complain He allows Satan to hinder us.—We know the Lord removed some of His blessings from Israel when they did it.
ML #1259:2, 6-13, DB1
2. (Dad:) THE DEVIL DOESN’T ATTACK ME OR ACCUSE ME FOR WHAT I’VE ACCOMPLISHED, THAT’S TOO OBVIOUS. He accuses me for what I haven’t done, for what I might’ve done or what He tries to tell me I could’ve done and I didn’t do and all that I should do. He sure is the Accuser of the Saints, he just picks and picks! The Devil just picks at all the little things and little flaws and shortcomings.
6. WELL, THANK THE LORD, HE’S THE ANTIDOTE! He always rebukes the Devil and resists him and points out the good things. (Maria: It would be good if there was a rule that you had to say a nice thing for every time you nagged or you even thought of some bad thing about your mate!) Well, that’s the secret, is to let the Light in! Rebuke the Devil and think about their good qualities and their good points and their good habits and their good deeds and think positively, the power of positive thinking, and remind yourself constantly of the good.
7. IT’S JUST LIKE SOME OF THAT EVIL MUSIC OF THE WORLD THAT USED TO PLAGUE ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG—some of those very evil songs that used to attack me because I heard it on the radio, and the Devil used to try to flood my mind with it and make it run through my head. And of course the only cure would be for me to do what?—I’d start singing!—I’d either listen to some good music or I’d usually just come right out loud and sing if I was where I could.
8. JUST FIGHT THE DEVIL POSITIVELY, ATTACK, ATTACK! I’d start singing a good song, a good hymn, a song to Jesus, a prayer, and there’s no room for both! You let the light in and the darkness flees! You just have to be positive‚ you have to make a conscious effort to rebuke the Devil and think positive good thoughts instead. Try to think good about your mate or child or whoever it is, your parent or friend or co-worker. Resist those bad thoughts and either quote Scriptures or sing hymns or good Gospel songs. Pray!
9. DON’T JUST SIT THERE, DO SOMETHING! You have to take positive action! I mean literally, if not actual physical action, and quote out loud or sing out loud and do some act physically, or you have to do it in your mind.
10. Start praising the Lord and thanking Him for all your blessings. One of the best things is to praise the Lord and thank Him for all His goodness. Sing songs, that’s praise too!
11. THE POWER OF POSITIVE PRAISE IS TERRIFIC! COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS! Thank God for all He has done and just chase the Devil away, all his shades of night‚ by letting the light in, God’s positive light of Scripture, the Word, prayer, praise, songs! Get busy at work or get busy with somebody else and talk to them about their problems or something. It’s just really counting your blessings and filling your mind and your heart and even your voice audibly, the sound around you, with positive sound—prayer, praise, quoting Scripture, songs—because you can’t think about two things at once. That’s why it says‚ “Thou shalt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee”! (Isa.26:3)
12. MANY IS THE TIME I HAVE VISUALIZED JESUS, raised up or called into my mind a mental picture of Christ and looked at Him and thought about Him in my mind’s eye and talked to Him in the Spirit. That’s why speaking in tongues is such a wonderful experience! Speak in tongues and you know the Lord has control! He just takes over and speaks through you and uses your tongue and your mouth and your mind! Your mouth can’t be filled with evil when it’s filled with good.
13. The power of positive prayer and praise and quoting and singing and action just really puts the Devil on the run! He sure doesn’t like the Scripture and he hates praise and he hates thanksgiving and he hates songs of prayer and praise, and he especially hates our positive active work for the Lord.
ML #1375:2-5, 12, 17-19, DB1
2. (Dad: ) THE ENEMY REALLY FIGHTS US, but as long as we keep fighting, he can’t win! (Sings “Keep on Believing!”) At first they used to sing that “Keep on believing and pray your way through”, but my Mother was a great one for praise! She said “praise your way through”!—Because that’s really how you get the victory! If you believe in your prayers, you’re going to start praising the Lord for the answer, even before you see it! TYL!
3. As long as you’re thinking about the Scripture and the Lord and you’ve got a song or a praise in your mouth‚ you can’t complain and murmur and moan and groan and bemoan about how bad you feel!
4. YOU REALLY NEED TO ATTACK THE ENEMY!—And when you get down or feel down, quote Scripture, sing a song! I said, “You just need to really go on the attack and refuse to talk about it! Praise the Lord and thank God for the health you do have! Fight the Enemy!—Really attack!”
5. “THOU SHALT KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE.” (Isa.26:3) If you keep your mind on the Lord, that keeps you from getting it on your problems and your troubles. Whatever you do, don’t go around moaning and groaning and murmuring and complaining the Devil’s own doubts and doctrines and lies! Don’t do it, or you’re just letting the Enemy in! The minute you feel like doing that, start praising the Lord, start going on the attack! Sing! Quote Scripture! Do something positive!
12. YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE A POSITIVE STAND AGAINST THE ATTACKS OF THE ENEMY and FIGHT and try to really praise the Lord and sing and quote Scripture and fight the Devil and fight his doubts! You’ve really got to go on the attack and be positive about it and resist the Enemy, and God’s Word says he will flee from thee! (Jam.4:7)
17. (Dad prays:) Thank You, Lord, for how wonderfully You’ve kept us and protected us and provided for us! Help us to thank You for it continually, all day long! Thy Spirit dwells in the praises of Thy people, Lord! (Pas.22:3.) TYL!
18. YOU SAID TO COME INTO THY GATES WITH THANKSGIVING, and INTO THY COURTS WITH PRAISE! (Psa.100:4.) “In everything give thanks!” (1Th.5:18.) Lord, help us not to forget to be thankful continually, constantly praising Thee and quoting Thy Word to encourage our faith, Lord, and singing positive songs of praise to rebuke the Enemy!
19. THE ENEMY HATES PRAISE, LORD! HE HATES SONGS THAT PRAISE THEE and HE HATES THY WORD MOST OF ALL! So keep us full of it, Lord‚ in Jesus’ name we ask for Thy glory!—Amen?
ML #2128:2, 4, 5, 8-9, 11-13, 18, 22, 24, DB7
2. (Dad:) THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT SAYING THINGS OUT LOUD. IT IS A TESTIMONY TO YOURSELF and TO THE MULTITUDE OF WITNESSES THAT SURROUND US! It’s not enough to just say it in your head; you need to say it out loud, quote Scriptures and rebuke the Devil and praise the Lord!
4. GIVE NO PLACE TO THE EVIL ONE!—Eph.4:27. If you get so busy quoting Scripture and praising the Lord and rebuking the Devil, you won’t have so much time to think about your headache. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee because he trusteth in Thee.” (Isa.26:3) If your mind is centered on the Lord and stayed on Him‚ then He is the One you are thinking about and you can’t think about both things at once.
5. SO KEEP THINKING ABOUT THE LORD and PRAISING THE LORD and QUOTING SCRIPTURES and PRAYING OUT LOUD. That takes concentration, you have to think about it, you have to keep your mind on the Lord and your mind on the Scripture and on your praises, even sing! The Devil hates song because it’s praise to the Lord. You’ve just got to keep at it, really WORK at it! It’s a testimony even to the Lord that you are really trusting Him, that you really have faith in His Word.
8. THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT SAYING THE WORDS THAT REALLY CRYSTALLIZES YOUR RESISTANCE and CAUSES THE DEVILS TO FLEE! They hate to hear the Word. Besides, if others are listening it is a declaration to them that you are trusting the Lord, that you have faith in His Word. It’s a testimony and a witness to them, it even encourages them to know that you’re really trusting the Lord and have faith in His Word and you really believe those Scriptures and just keep quoting them even if you can only whisper them.
9. IT TAKES MORE CONCENTRATION and IT OCCUPIES MORE OF YOUR MIND and YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS IF YOU HAVE TO SAY IT OUT LOUD, quote it out loud and praise the Lord out loud! Rebuke the Devil out loud! He has to obey. “Resist the Devil and he WILL flee from you!”—Jam.4:7. Quiet faith is fine but it is not enough of a real attack, a real fight!
11. YOU NEED TO GO ON THE ATTACK! BE POSITIVE and SHOW THAT YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE WORD, faith in the Lord, faith in praise‚ a sign that you really trust and you really believe.
12. THERE IS ABSOLUTE POWER IN THE WORDS! You really need to say it with your mouth. “Thou shalt confess with thy MOUTH that Christ is Lord.”—Rom.10:9. “With my MOUTH will I make known Thy faithfulness unto all generations.”—Psa.89:1.
13. When you’re having a real battle with the Devil or sickness or headache or something, you’ve got to say it out loud, you’ve got to go on the attack and really fill your mind and heart and your mouth with declarations of faith and praise and prayer and Scriptures—the Word!
18. WHEN IT COMES TO THE DEVIL, WORDS ARE SORT OF LIKE BULLETS OR DEATH RAYS OR SOMETHING and THEY JUST BLAST THE DEVIL! Every word just zaps him! They’re part of our offensive weaponry, the Word! It describes the armor of a Christian—it says the SWORD of the Spirit is the WORD!—Eph.6:10-17. It’s sharper than any two–edged sword.—Heb.4:12.
22. YOU NEED TO DECLARE YOUR FAITH and JUST FLING IT IN THE FACE OF THE DEVIL! Just throw fiery darts of Scriptures at him out loud in prayer and praise! He hates that because it is a testimony to YOU even if you’re all alone. And if there are others present, it is a testimony to THEM.
24. QUOTE SCRIPTURES and SING and PRAY and PRAISE THE LORD and TALK IN TONGUES and KEEP YOUR MOUTH BUSY and your mind busy and it keeps your ears busy too. And it’s just like a vicious cycle against the Devil and it’s a SAVING cycle for you!
ML #2833:1-7, 10, DB11
1. (Dad to Techi: ) Can I tell you a secret? This is one of my mother’s secrets. She said‚ “Often the secret of victory is down the much-neglected path of praise.” In other words, while you’re praising the Lord and singing His praises, you can’t be thinking about anything negative and the Devil can’t be lying to you. The song or the praise takes up your consciousness and concentrates it on the Lord and what you’re singing or praising the Lord about! The Devil hates praise!
2. And I’ll tell you something about your mother that you may not know. One of her secrets is that she goes around continuously with a song of praise on her lips! She doesn’t even know she’s doing it sometimes, but she’s singing in the bathroom, she’s singing in the bedroom, she’s singing in her little office, she’s just always singing!—Sometimes saying the words, a lot of times just humming little tunes. I’ll stop and ask her, “What is that song?” and she’ll say, “Oh, was I singing?” She doesn’t even know she’s doing it!
3. I think that’s one reason she has such victory in the areas of faith and courage and cheerfulness! She’s always cheerful and she’s always singing songs to the Lord. She’s just constantly praising the Lord! And if she’s not doing it out loud, she’s doing it in her heart or in her head!
4. I don’t sing out loud all the time, but I’ve almost always got some kind of song to the Lord or about the Lord running through my head and my heart. I’ll often wake up in the morning with a new tune, some other song for the day! We have so many blessings and so many things to be thankful for!
5. When you’re counting your blessings, you can’t be complaining or murmuring about things! If you’re counting all the good things you have and all the blessings God’s given to you, you can’t be complaining about this little thing or that little thing, because you’re too busy counting your blessings and thanking the Lord and praising Him for them! Amen?
6. So that’s the story and the secret I wanted to tell you! When someone asked my mother why she always seemed to be so victorious, she said, “I’ll tell you a secret! The secret to victory is down the much-neglected path of praise!”
7. So if you have any problem along that line‚ sing! Praise the Lord! The Devil hates to hear praise; he hates to hear songs of praise, and he’ll have to flee, because you’re resisting him! You’re doing something against him, actively fighting against him!
10. When the Devil tries to get you down and starts giving you bad thoughts or discouragement or whatever, just start praising the Lord and singing!
ML #3191:99-101, GN 796
99. (Jesus: ) Praise. This weapon is still not used enough by My children. It is rightly said that in praise is found the victory. In your care of the children‚ it is easy to become frustrated and impatient. It is easy to become discouraged when you do not see the progress being made that you would like, or when you are tired and weary of the battle‚ or when the Enemy attacks in full with sickness or accidents, serious behavioral problems, or unhappiness in the children. At these times, praise is the weapon to use—not only yourself, but with the children as well.
100. For praise chases away the doubts and clouds of the Enemy. Praise lifts the burden of discouragement and condemnation. As you glorify Me and praise Me for the victories by faith, I am able to work miracles—not only in your circumstances, but also in your heart and in the hearts of your children. During your times of praise, your channel is also open to Me to receive My encouragement, My instruction, My ideas and fresh inspiration.
101. Praising Me brings down My blessings, and makes the mountains which the Enemy would put in your path melt away. Yes, there are mountains to climb‚ and there are battles to fight. But the Enemy is a liar and a bluffer. Many times the mountains are much smaller than he would make them appear, and it is through praising Me that you see them clearly and are given the faith and strength to climb them.
ML #3432:7, 8, 12, GN 1015
7. (Natalia:) Count your blessings and give thanks and praise to the King of kings for the strong power that is given you to command.
8. Count your blessings for all that the King has done for you, and sing praise for all He is yet to do for you and through you! According to your praise you will receive strength. According to your praise you will be established and settled. According to your praise you will be filled with the hot gold magic power of the keys! According to your praise your channels will be opened wide to liberally receive power and revelation in the days ahead. Open wide and receive! Let it begin with your praise, for it is through your praise that you will be made ready.
12. Through your praises you bring down the blessings of God! Through praise you make the connection with key power. Through your praise you bring on the anointing of the Almighty! It is through your praises to the King that you open yourselves up to receive the greatest surge of heavenly power. Lift your arms in praise! Sing His praise! Ring out His praise!
ML #3449:3-16, GN 1034
3. (Jesus: ) Praise connects you to Me in the spirit. It summons My attention, and solidifies our connection. It brings you into My presence in the spirit. It puts your spirit in close proximity to Mine—fully under My protection and blessing and anointing, where you can feel My love and more easily see things as I see them. It’s a law of the spirit. It always works.
4. Praise is the voice of faith because you’re letting it be known that you believe I will work everything out. When you praise Me, you’re testifying of My greatness and faithfulness to answer prayer, that you know I will do what is best even in those situations that seem bad. You’re speaking faith. You’re testifying that I do all things well, that I know best. It’s one of the principles of My Spirit that faith brings victory and miracles. So through speaking faith, through praising Me, you open the door for miracles.
5. Praise chases away the Enemy. He hates your praise, because it’s an obvious sign of your love for Me, our connection together, and your faith in Me as your Lord and Deliverer. He can’t stand your praises; they block him out in the spirit. They lift you above any circumstance in the physical realm and bring you into the land of the spirit where everything is possible and I’m in complete control.
6. Praise lifts your spirit! It’s a law of nature, of both the physical and spiritual realm, that when you dwell on the good‚ think about the good, speak the good, then good surrounds you. Even bad things are turned for good‚ and you benefit from them. When you think on the good, you feel good. Praising Me not only helps you to think on the good, but it reminds you of all that is possible through Me. It reminds you that you’re not limited by the physical realm, but that you have access to the spiritual realm, and there, all things are possible.
7. Praise is something that you know you should do, so you’re exercising obedience when you praise Me—even when you don’t feel like it and you might argue that it’s not really from your heart. I still bless it and reward it. I always bless obedience. And if you start praising even when you don’t feel like it, it lifts you up in the spirit and soon you do feel like it‚ because you realize that I’m in control and will work everything out for your good.
8. Praise is a testimony to others, and lifts their spirits and encourages them. It sows faith and trust in Me; it sows encouragement and positiveness. It brings unity and oneness between My brides.
9. Praising Me humbles you in the spirit‚ reminds you that only I am capable of solving problems and bringing solutions, and so it makes you much more receptive to receiving My answers and solutions. It opens you up for growth and progress and receiving revelations and instruction. It puts you in a good position in the spirit to receive.
10. Those are just a few of the main reasons for praise. Praise is one of the weapons of the spirit that I’ve given you. It always defeats the Enemy. It always brings you close to Me. It simply works. It’s a spiritual phenomenon, a powerful weapon that you can use at any time to be safe from attacks or to progress in the spirit. I wish My brides would use it more. It’s one of the most neglected of the weapons in the arsenal I’ve given you, yet one of the most powerful. (End of message.)
The PCP Plan
11. (Jesus:) One of the many reasons that your praise to Me is of such great importance is because your praises to Me stave off your Enemy. If you want to defeat the evil ones, start with praise! Satan and his demons can’t take your praises. They are like a shrill, deafening sound in their ears. It’s like torture to their souls. The devils of Hell can’t handle your praise. The evil ones cannot operate in the presence of your praise. Your praise inhibits them and derails them; it cramps their style and prohibits their activity. They can’t cope with your praises to Me.
12. When you go to battle with the Enemy, when you find yourself in the midst of hand-to-hand combat with the Devil, the first action you should take is to praise Me. Praising Me is the first move to assured victory. Praising Me is the first step in My PCP plan. Follow this three-step plan and you can’t go wrong! The PCP Plan: praise‚ call, perform. First you praise, then you call, then I perform.
1) Praise Me. This declares your faith in Me and restrains all the emissaries of the netherworld.
2) Call on Me in prayer; call on the power of the keys.
3) Then I perform. I answer your call by doing what you ask. The keys perform; they deliver your request.
13. It all starts with praise. Praise is the first step. Praise turns the keys you hold in your hands, and the keys to the Kingdom unlock all doors for you.
14. If you want to successfully fight the Enemy, start with praise. Satan and his imps cannot withstand the praises of the children of David. Your praises call Me; they invoke Me and My power, and your Enemy cannot stand in the face of My power.
15. Your praises not only draw you closer to Me, but they shut out Satan. Just as your praises woo Me, they repel the Evil One. He has no power to withstand your steady, heartfelt praises. Just as your praises turn My key, give Me great joy, and open the door for My Spirit to work‚ so do your praises destabilize the Enemy and bring him to a halt.
16. This is another reason why I love to hear your praises, for I love to see you fight and defeat the Enemy! In this day when Hell’s fury rages against you‚ you must fight back with the three-step plan. Whack Satan and his demons by enacting the PCP plan: Praise, call, and then watch Me perform. I will never fail you! (End of message.)
ML #3464:225-231, 235-241, Post-it GN #11
The Underused Weapon of Praise
225. (Mama:) We’d all be a whole lot happier if we praised more. We have so much to be thankful for, bundles of blessings, and more to be happy about than anyone in the world. But I don’t think we praise “the One Who freely gives us all things” nearly enough. So often we get our eyes on the problems and difficulties, when just focusing on the good, thinking on the positive, talking about the positive, and praising our Husband for the positive would drastically improve our lives for the better.
226. Being reminded to praise more may sound like a simplistic pointer for fighting depression, something you’ve heard a million times before and are tired of, and probably the last thing you want to hear when you’re depressed. But praise is an underused spiritual weapon that is instantly effective in defeating the Enemy‚ and can help to reverse the depressive spiral. He can’t stand our praises! Let’s use that weapon more! Like that simple little song says, “If you really wanna knock the Devil for a loop, just start praising the Lord!” I could paraphrase that to say, “If you really wanna knock depression for a loop, just start praising the Lord!”
227. (Jesus:) When you praise Me it shows Me you love Me. When praise comes from the heart, it expresses your love. Praise gives Me the reverence and honor that is My due. Praising Me is worshipping Me. Praise is something that all the angels and beasts and saints in Heaven do constantly; they praise, love, and adore Me. Praise fills the halls of Heaven! My throne is filled with praise.
228. Praise is also a weapon, like prayer, prophecy, and the keys. Praise is very powerful. It can protect you from attacks of the Enemy, or if you’re already being attacked, release you from his clutches. Praise transports you from the earthly to the heavenly. It can release you from depression, sadness, anger and hate. It can strengthen you not only spiritually but physically.
229. As I have said‚ the weapons of your warfare are not carnal, but spiritual and mighty, and praise is one of those weapons. It makes you stronger in spirit, more yielded‚ more tuned in, more loving, happier, and more victorious. I dwell in the praises of My people! Your praises have drawing power, and the more you praise, the more power is released to you and surrounds you.
230. Praise calls down help from Heaven and surrounds you with angels and heavenly forces!—Just as I surrounded My children of old when they went to battle. They were armed with songs and praises as their only weapon against their enemies, and I went before them with My armies and slew all their enemies (2Chr.20). Your praises can slay all your enemies and do battle for you and get the victory.
231. Your praises surround you with a force field both spiritually and physically. It transports your mind into heavenly places. It can protect you from pain‚ eliminate fear, and defeat the Enemy. Praise is another weapon, mighty and powerful. Just as I filled the temple with My presence when the Israelites praised Me, so will I fill your home and your heart and your thoughts with My presence when you praise Me, and I will be with you. (End of message.)
How to Fight Effectively with Praise
235. (Jesus: ) All praise is powerful, and the Devil hates every word of praise that comes forth from your mouth. But he especially hates specific praise, retaliation praise, when he’s attacking you with a particular battle and you turn right around and sock it to him with your praise—praising Me for the specific things he’s trying to use to attack you. That kills his pride and mortally wounds his spirit.
236. Praising in general terms for anything you have to be thankful for or your many blessings does lift your spirit and help you to feel more victorious. All praise is good, but when you take the specific attack the Enemy is hitting you with and turn around and transform it into a praise to Me, looking at the situation positively and thanking Me for whatever you can think of that is related to the battle he’s attacking you with, this is indeed a fiery sword that pierces his heart to its innermost depths and forces him to retreat, screaming with pain from your attack through praise. (End of message.)
237. (Mama: ) Isn’t that tremendous? Imagine how the Enemy must reel in defeat when we use specific praise to fight him, turning what he originally intended to defeat us into a weapon to destroy his power! I was excited about this, and asked the Lord for a sample prayer of praise for those of you who, like me, find it helpful to have an example of how to put things into words. You can use or adapt this according to your needs.
238. (Prayer:) I activate the power of the keys of praise, dear Husband‚ which You have promised are powerful and mighty! I praise You even for the battles, because I want to fight the Enemy with this powerful spiritual weapon of praise. I want to see him defeated and driven back with the power of praise! I want him to feel my fiery sword of praise piercing him to the heart! I want to turn his attacks back on his own head!
239. I praise You, Jesus, for the battles—even the discouragement and depression I feel—because I know it’s driving me to You. I feel helpless, weak, defenseless and feeble, but that makes me depend on Your power to help me, deliver me, and bring the victory. I praise You that nothing is impossible for You, and that You can destroy the Devil and all his demons and free me from their attacks. I praise You that no matter how hard I’m hit, You can deliver me.
240. I praise You that through these battles I’m learning how to fight! I praise You that though the Enemy is trying to defeat me, You’ve given me the power to rise above. I praise You, because as a result of these battles I will be stronger in spirit and not ignorant of the Devil’s devices. I praise You that when I am weak, You are strong. I praise You and You alone, because the Enemy’s attacks are puny and his power is weak when compared with Your mighty majesty and strength.
241. I praise and depend on You, my awesome Savior, my great and terrible Destroyer of Evil, my Shield and Defense, the Rock of my salvation, my wonderful Deliverer and Redeemer!
ML #3471:14-20, 40-42, 56-58, 81-84, GN 1059
14. (Jesus:) You’ve heard many times that praise is a weapon against the Enemy. But a good many of you think of that weapon as being specifically useful if you’re battling negativity‚ discouragement, depression‚ murmuring, doubts, or one of the “negative” types of battles. Very few of you see much use for it in everyday life. But I want to open your eyes to see praise more as it really is in the spirit.
15. Praise is a weapon that defeats the Enemy in any battle. That’s right—any battle! It could be a battle of persecution, it could be a battle for My supply, it could be a battle for unity, it could be a battle for your children. It doesn’t matter what the attack or what the obstacle, praise is an extremely powerful weapon to set the Enemy back and bring victory.
16. And what’s more, praise is linked very closely with your use of the keys. Since you have neglected the weapon of praise all these years, if you hope to become proficient in the use of the keys, you’re going to have to pick up the weapon of praise now and learn how to use it, or else your best efforts will be found lacking. All of My new weapons link together. They strengthen each other and complement each other. Those who want to be miracle workers of the End, those who will be masters of the spiritual warfare, will be those who have learned how to use all the spiritual weapons in conjunction with each other, without neglecting any.
17. And I’ll let you in on another secret. As you know, all of My new weapons require humility. Some of them force you to do the humble thing when you use them; others will not be activated unless you are humble and are doing the humble thing. You know this‚ and many of you are actively working on overcoming your pride, and that’s great. I’m very proud of you. But praise is in many cases the secret to defeating your pride and doing the humble thing. As I have told you many times, humility is an essential ingredient if you wish to be effective in your use of the keys, heavenly thought power, prayer‚ etc. But what you might not have realized is that praise is often the lacking ingredient in putting on the garment of humility.
18. Praise will help tear down your pride and bring humility faster than almost any other effort you can make. Why? Because it’s acknowledging Me, it’s putting yourself in the place where you belong, and reminding yourself and everyone around you that I am the only one who is good, I am the one with the answers, I am the one with the power, I am the one who must bring all good things to pass! It’s like letting the light in, and the darkness is forced to flee. Instead of trying to beat your pride down and eradicate it, open a strong spiritual vacuum for My Spirit with your sincere praises to Me, and there will be no room for pride in your heart or spirit!
19. So for those very important reasons, and many more, praise as a weapon is essential for you to master at this stage of the battle—not just praise as a “self-help” technique to make you feel more positive, nor as a “rescue rope” when you’re sinking in negativity, but praise as an offensive weapon, used at all times to rout and defeat the Enemy.
20. One very great incentive for using praise, My loves, is that it’s a weapon that the Enemy cannot defeat. He is instantly pushed back and forced to retreat when you pull out the weapon of praise. (End of message.)
Wreaking death and destruction on the Enemy’s empire through praise!
40. (Jesus: ) I give to you, My brides, who know how to love Me intimately, this valuable and potent weapon of praise. Be not deceived by its radiant and beautiful appearance, for to the Enemy it is as if a thousand samurai swords had been unleashed upon him at once, cutting him to his very heart and severing any hold he might have on your heart or health‚ or any situation that concerns you. The very act of praising is not only beneficial to your spirit and uplifting to your heart, but it actually rejuvenates your body and causes great strength to flow through you. When you begin to praise, it’s as if your uplifted arms channel My power back down toward you, and your body receives energy that is not of this world.
41. Many times has this story been told, this “Battle of Uplifted Hands” (2 Chronicles 20:1-29). But if those involved could have seen in the spirit what was occurring, they would have known they had the advantage from the beginning. As soon as the singing and praising began, the spiritual realm began to rumble. As their hands were raised to Me, it was as if a circuit had been tripped, and power, like lightning, shot down to each one whose heart was full of praise toward Me. At that instant, the panic the opposing armies felt was caused by the demons and spiritual enemies of My children freaking out, for they were familiar with the power unleashed by the obedience and praise of My children, and they knew that they had no defense against this great power.
42. History recorded the rest, yet even now history is being written by you and your prayers and praises to Me. Let not your eyes be limited by the mere physical outcomes and manifestations of these acts‚ but look unto Me and lift your eyes to the heavenlies where I can show more fully the nature of these spiritual weapons and how they wreak death and destruction upon the Enemy’s empire like nothing you’ve ever seen! (End of message.)
When you don’t feel like it
56. (Jesus:) I understand that there are times when you don’t feel very praiseful and thankful. There are times when you’re hurting or discouraged, when you’re sad or overwhelmed‚ and the last thing you feel like doing at those times is praising Me. It’s natural to have highs and lows in your emotions—that’s the way I made you.
57. But you must also remember that the Enemy tries to capitalize on those emotions and exaggerate them and get you to act on them when it would be in his favor. For example, when you don’t feel like praising Me, he’ll exaggerate those feelings and try all sorts of things to keep you from praising, because he knows that if you were to start, it would mean your victory and his end! Or when you do feel praiseful, he’ll use your pride to hold you back; he’ll remind you about what people might think, or how it might seem pretty uncool to praise Me right then, and he’s probably often successful in his attempts to keep you from praising Me!
58. So while I understand that it’s totally natural and human for you to many times not feel at all like praising Me, I still expect you to do it, and it’s not hypocritical. In those cases it’s simply obedience‚ and obedience brings on My blessings. Even if your praises don’t feel like they’re coming from your heart, because your heart is so sad or battling so much, if you’ll simply start, you’ll soon have real praises in your heart, and little by little the light will come back in and My Spirit will take over. (End of message.)
81. (Jesus:) When fighting in prayer, use praise boldly as a weapon of war. Tell the Enemy that you’re about to praise Me for something, and then attack. Flaunt your weapons of the Spirit in Satan’s face, while thumbing your nose at him, knowing that he’s outgunned and it’s really going to hurt him!
82. Here’s an example. Let’s say you’re asking for united prayer against pride. Someone has already prayed for you, and now it’s your turn to pray for yourself. You might try beginning the prayer like this: “Lord, we know that humility before You is the best weapon against pride, so I’m going to use it in conjunction with praise right now in order to thwart the attack of the Enemy. You’re going to really get it now, Satan! Thank You, my darling Jesus, for the power of humility and that I am nothing before You and that You are everything to me! Thank You that I’m so weak, because it means I must depend on You! I praise You for Your strength in me, and Your power to destroy the evil works of the Enemy who has been trying to attack me through pride!” You may even want to step up the attack by lifting your hands and praying in tongues.
83. The Enemy can’t stand up to the power of praise—especially when it’s used in conjunction with the other weapons of the spirit and the keys of the Kingdom. There are many other ways you can incorporate praise—ways that will be particularly effective for you personally. So keep asking Me and I will show you.
84. When it becomes part of your thoughts‚ part of your conversations‚ when your first reaction (or closely thereafter) becomes pulling out the weapon of praise to sock the Enemy a good one, then you’ll know you’re becoming one of My heroes of the spirit and really doing damage to the Enemy! And I’ll guarantee you that by that time, your personal quality of life and that of your Home will have improved as well. Praise is the all-around undefeatable weapon! Use it! (End of message.)
ML #3494:11-17, 67, 69-70‚ GN 1079
11. (Jesus:) Praise is a weapon that defeats the Enemy in any battle. And the wonderful thing about the gift of praise, the weapon of praise, is that it’s also a spiritual protection for you. It’s not only an offensive weapon, but it also ministers to your spirit while you’re defeating your Adversary. It shields you from his blows. It comforts and warms and clothes you. It nourishes your spirit and gives you strength, even while you’re fighting away in hand-to-hand combat.
12. All of the new weapons of the spirit do that to some degree or another. But praise is an exceptional weapon, and I’m focusing on it right now in the Family because you have all neglected it for so long. It’s been one of the elements lacking in your spiritual warfare skills, and has given the Enemy an undue advantage. So that’s why I’m trying to get through to each of My children through whatever means possible, creating opportunities where they feel overwhelmed and have to grab their spiritual weaponry, and I’m hoping they will pick up the weapon of praise and start to use it. Once you do and you see how powerful it is, you’ll never want to be without it. It will transform your life!
13. In your personal life, it’s the solution to so many of the struggles you face. Praise is the lacking ingredient that will propel you to the stage where you’re really winning these battles. Praise will make a huge difference, because praise unlocks the door to greater faith.
14. Focus on that concept. Every time you face a difficulty of any kind, praise Me. Praise Me when you’re in the shower, going for a walk‚ preparing the food, sitting on the toilet. Memorize key promises on praise. Make it your focus. Pray when you get up in the morning that I’ll help you to make praise a habit that day, that I’ll help you remember to praise at those crucial times. And like any habit, the more you do it, the more you’ll remember to do it, and the more things you’ll think of to praise Me for‚ and the more positive your outlook on everything will become. Ask for prayer to become more praiseful.
15. Find things all along the way to praise Me for, which will bring My power into the situation. You’ll see what I mean as you do it more. It doesn’t have to become an insincere or hypocritical habit. It can be a beautiful attitude of positiveness, always looking for the good and a way to glorify Me, regardless of the circumstances.
16. When you’re praising Me, you’re bringing Me more into your life and circumstances, so things will start working out better. You’ll not only feel better and react to things better, but things will actually be better, because I’ll be more in control, My presence will be more manifested. By praising Me you’re acknowledging Me and bringing My Spirit into the situation.
17. I love you, and as always, am ever near to help you with anything you face. Praising Me will help you to feel My presence more and take advantage of all the spiritual power that’s at your command.
67. (Jesus:) When you use your demon–defeating weapons of the keys of praise, they will:
Answer your call.
Accomplish each task on your to-do list.
Achieve your goals.
Activate stronger faith.
Always win the battle.
Boost your natural abilities.
Build on your strengths and anointing.
Blast every negative thought to Hell where it belongs.
Beat up the Devil’s imps.
Bounce you into the joy of the Lord.
Blast Baal to bits.
Conquer Satan in every battle.
Carry out your work with excellence.
Create a force field of protection around you.
Complete your thoughts and help you remember things.
Change your mindsets.
Cut the Devil to the heart.
Crush the imps that pester you.
Do whatever you ask of Me.
Damn the deactivation demons.
Demolish the impossibilities and make room for My miracles.
Devastate your enemies.
Drown out Satan’s voice.
Defy the impossible.
Detonate the demons.
Escort you into My presence.
Execute My highest will.
Ensure victory no matter what the obstacles.
Energize your body‚ mind, and spirit.
Eliminate every iota of the Devil’s influence.
Fight for you and win the battle.
Fix the problems.
Figure out the answers.
Find things you lost.
Fry the Enemy’s circuitry.
Force the fiends of Hell to retreat.
Foil your foes.
Guard you from feelings of discouragement, frustration‚ and negative thoughts.
Generate a feeling of well-being.
Give you unexpected strength.
Gather spiritual forces to come to your rescue.
Gain the upper hand.
Gas the ghouls of gloom and despair.
Help you overcome in spite of everything.
Hold back premature persecution.
Hinder the Hinderer.
Hurt and wound the Imp.
Hallow you about with My angels.
Hammer down the hordes of evil.
Handcuff the Hairy One.
Inoculate you from the Enemy’s venom.
Improve any situation.
Increase your productivity.
Infuse you with the positive medicine of My Spirit.
Invigorate you from head to toe.
Illuminate your mind with My thoughts.
Juggle your work and help you multitask.
Join your mind with My mind.
Jump to encourage you when you feel down.
Junk the Punk.
Jerk you out of depression’s pit.
Jam the Enemy’s communication system.
Keep you on the cutting edge of the new moves of My Spirit.
Keep you on a positive track.
Knock the Devil for a loop.
Kick you in the pants and remind you to look on the positive.
Knit your thoughts with your spirit helpers.
Knock the Enemy out of commission.
Lift your spirit.
Look after all your needs.
Lead you in the ways of My Spirit.
Launch happy thoughts into your atmosphere.
Let you in on My secrets.
Lethally wound Lethargy.
Make molehills out of mountains.
Make sure your priorities are balanced.
Marshal My forces to fight for you.
Morph into a praisemobile to get you to your destination faster.
Minimize ungodly and negative influences.
Move the hand of God to fight for you.
Mortally wound every foe.
Nurse you when you’re sick or discouraged.
Neutralize the Enemy’s poisonous darts.
Nuke Satan’s strongholds.
Not desert you.
Open the door to My Spirit.
Organize your schedule.
Obtain whatever you need.
Overcome fear and shyness.
Outsmart even the most outrageous opposition.
Protect your thoughts.
Pep-talk you through any difficulty and on to the victory.
Prepare your destiny.
Preempt the Enemy’s strikes against you.
Push Lucifer over the edge.
Put down pride.
Prevail over all the evil plans of Pan.
Quiet the voice of the Enemy.
Quell all your fears.
Quicken to you your memory work.
Quench thoughts of self-pity.
Quash Hell’s puny army.
Rush to your side.
Require the forces of darkness to flee.
Rip the Ol’ Boy apart.
Resist and reflect the Enemy’s attacks back at him.
Restore peace to your spirit.
Slam the door in the Devil’s face.
Safeguard you from falling prey to the Devil’s devices.
Start new circuitry to rewire your way of thinking.
Strengthen your defenses.
Sock it to the Selvegion.
Shatter Satan’s lies to smithereens.
Shred Satan to ribbons.
Subvert the strongholds of the Slimy Snake.
Smash the delusions of the Devil.
Thrash every demon that tries to hinder you.
Transport you into the realm of the spirit.
Torture the Devil.
Transform your nature.
Torment the demons of depression.
Thwart the Enemy’s plans.
Turn the demons away, shrieking in pain and fear.
Trash the mean Monster.
Unlock the door to greater faith.
Utilize the full power of Heaven in conjunction with the other weapons of the spirit.
Upgrade your faith.
Unravel the secrets of Heaven.
Undo the Devil’s damage.
Unveil the truth in any situation.
Undermine every effort of the Enemy.
Voice My blessings.
Verify My Word to your satisfaction.
Vaporize the vile Viper.
Validate the truth.
Vastly multiply your prayer power.
Vanquish the Vandari.
Vault you over any hurdle.
Win, and not lose.
Wipe out any negative habits and replace them with positive ones.
Write all your communications through you.
Whack the Ol’ Creep right where it hurts.
Weave beautiful blessings into the tapestry of your life.
Wipe out the demons who oppose you.
Wash away every trace of evil.
X off anything negative.
X-tend a helping hand in your time of need.
X-pand your horizons.
X–tol My virtues.
X-pedite your spiritual progress.
X-ceed your every expectation.
X-onerate you and set you free.
Yield wonderful results.
Yell victory in the face of the Enemy.
Yearn for and attract My Spirit.
Yank the rug from under your enemies.
Yoke you to My love as never before.
Zap every lie of the Enemy.
Zip up the foul mouth of the Devil and his imps.
Zero in on and enhance My happy thoughts.
Zonk your Adversary.
Zealously fight for you in the spirit.
Zoom in and destroy every design of the Evil One.
69. (Jesus:) The keys of praise are your all-around undefeatable weapon. You can use them in any battle and they will help to bring the victory. They can enhance any prayer; they can augment any other specific key you claim. The keys of praise enhance the power of all of the other specific keys. For example, if you’re praying for supply, claim the keys of supply and the keys of praise. Adding the ingredient of the keys of praise to any prayer you pray will not go to waste. It will make your prayer more powerful, not less powerful.
70. The keys of praise are effective in every battle, and multiply the power of your prayer a thousand times. So if you’re praying for organization, supply, healing, or any other request, the keys of praise will add a unique boost of power to your prayer. The keys of praise are an important addition to any prayer. Praise is the voice of faith, and using the keys of praise is an expression of your faith that I will answer you, no matter what you are requesting of Me.
ML #3499:162, GN 1086
162. (Jesus:) Don’t forget the unbeatable weapon of praise in this battle. The Enemy will try to weigh you down with anything possible, but the weapon of praise can help you rise high above‚ out of his clutches. Any time you start praising‚ I’ll be there to help you see things as I see them‚ to infuse you with faith, peace, and trust in Me, which makes it possible for you to relax and be truly happy and full of My joy! It’s impossible to be really happy when you’re weighed down with too much. So any time you feel that way, start praising Me. Activate your weapon of praise, and send the Enemy running for cover! As you praise, My spirit will pour down, and your joy—My joy in you‚ My heavenly perspective on things—will return. I love you! (End of message.)
ML #3528:361-363, 366-367, GN 1122
Wield the Weapon of Praise
361. (Jesus: ) Praise, My dear children, is already setting you apart from the masses‚ and it will do so even more in the days to come.
362. You must praise! Praise is not only a weapon that will help you be strong and powerful in these Endtime days, but it is the weapon of liberation that you can use to set people free. Teach them to praise Me and you will be drawing them out of the darkness into the light. You can’t stop the darkness that is rapidly encroaching on the Earth. But you can chase it away and push it back through praise.
363. Praise is not only the most needed weapon for the children of David and their survival, but it’s the most important weapon you have to give to the children of the world. Teach them to praise, and you have taught them to survive. Teach them to praise, and you have taught them to overcome. Teach them to praise, and the Antichrist and his people and powers will not be able to defeat those wielding it. Give this weapon to all My people, for those who wield this weapon, no matter what their nationality or religion‚ will rise above.
366. (Jesus is weeping.) If My children would wield the weapon of praise, the sorrows of this life would quickly pass away. I wish to draw people nearer to Me. But doubt and sorrow and murmuring on a massive scale are separating people from Me more than any other problem. Defeat the murmuring in their lives by teaching them to praise.
367. I now commission the children of David to wave the banner of praise far and wide, and hold it high!
ML #3532:92-95, GN 1123
92. (Jesus:) The first step to take to stay a step ahead of the Enemy is to praise! It seems so simple, and almost “too easy,” but in reality it’s one of the most advanced spiritual weapons you can use.
93. When you’re praising, the Enemy simply can’t come near you. When you’re praising, he can’t get you down-no matter what. Even if I allow him to attack, which I sometimes do, you’ll be on My wavelength, and I will easily be able to show you what to do in an instant.
94. When you’re praising, your spiritual and physical bubble of protection is fortified; you’re under the shelter of My wings, and can have perfect peace and freedom, knowing that you’re doing your part and I’m in control.
95. When you’re praising, you’re automatically one step ahead of the Enemy, because you’re invading his spiritual territory and he has to flee from you, rather than the other way around.
Oh‚ that My children would be children of praise! Oh, that they would constantly have a word and a song of praise in their hearts and on their lips! For when you are praising, then I can envelop you in My Spirit. Praise helps to ward off the attacks of doubts and fears and worries put in your mind by the Evil One. Praise brings great strength, because praise helps you to keep your mind stayed on Me. My people ought always to praise and not to faint, and not to become weary in well doing.
Praise is so important! Praise is precious! Praise is valuable! Praise is the way of the Kingdom! Praise is the opposite of the way of the world. The Devil brings his people into bondage through fear and worry and contention and bitterness and murmuring. But I long to bring My children into freedom through praise and thanksgiving!
I find great pleasure in the praise of My children. Just as you find great pleasure in the compliments and praise of your lover, so do I find great joy in the praise of My bride. As you praise Me for My blessings‚ for My supply, for My protection, for My words of love, for My guidance and instruction, so will I open the windows of Heaven and pour forth all these things in greater abundance! (ML #3055).
I will teach all My children to praise as never before! My people shall be known as a people of praise‚ prophets of praise. They will be a whirlwind of praise, beautiful and powerful in My sight! So think not that this is a small thing, for it is a great and powerful thing! This whirlwind of praise shall sweep the Earth, and in its wake will be showers of blessings! It will be a testimony to all who look upon My prophets of praise‚ that I honor and reward those who come to Me with praise and honor and glory (ML #3055).
(Dad:) I wrote plenty about praising the Lord, because I knew it was important. My mother was always faithful to praise, and to impart to me the need to praise. I tried to impart that need to you‚ too. I tried to praise the Lord all through my life because I knew it was important. I knew it was uplifting. I knew it did me good, and I was sure the Lord appreciated it and loved me for it. But being on this side I see much more how important it is and how much it means to the Lord and how pleased He is with it!
It’s very important Here in Heaven, and we praise the Lord all the time! It’s very natural. It’s part of being Here and what we do. When you see it from this side, you see how important it is and how much you want to do it. It’s beautiful to hear the praises of the Lord that people give. It’s beautiful to hear the many ways to praise the Lord Here, and to see that all things praise the Lord. It’s beautiful! It’s wonderful! I can’t even explain it.
And as you praise, you partake of this Heavenly atmosphere, the atmosphere of praise that we have Here! You partake of it and you participate in it. It’s a link between you there and us Here.
So though I said when I was there that praise was important, I say now that it is even more important than I told you then! I had a glimpse of it, I knew the need, but now I see much more the strength and the power that lies in praise.—Not only the power to give you victory and to uplift your heart, but the power that it has to draw power from the Heavenly realm. It’s as if praise opens the channel to the Heavenlies that allows the Heavenly blessings to pour down, so that you don’t just praise your way to victory, you also praise down the blessings of God!
The channels of blessings will be open as the voice of praise rises into the Heavenlies! So sing those praises, pray those praises, praise those praises‚ pour forth those praises to the Lord, and you will see the blessings of God come down upon you in new ways, in manifold ways, in abundant ways! (ML #3013)
(Dad: ) I am so happy to see my children becoming children of praise and children of prayer and children of love, praising and praying and loving the Lord just like I always wanted them to! As you praise and pray and love Him‚ He will love you in return and pour forth His blessings like you’ve never seen before!
So join us Here with praises to God! Join us Here as you tell Jesus of your love and as you thank Him for all that He has done. And He will join us as we help to pour forth blessing upon blessing unto you! (ML #3013)
By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His Name (Heb.13:15).
1. There are two times to praise the Lord: When you feel like it, and when you don’t feel like it!
8. If you wanna knock the Devil for a loop, just start praising the Lord no matter what’s happening!
9. Praise the Lord, and you’ll often praise your way right out of the pit into which the Devil is trying to cast you!
12. The Enemy hates praise!
17. Dear old Raymond Richie used to say, “Lift your lightning rods! Get a stroke from Jesus! Raise your hands and praise the Lord!”
19. God gets His greatest victories out of seeming defeat, and He often brings them along the neglected path of praise!
20. Praise is the voice of faith!
29. Thank God for everything, whatever God sends or lets the Devil bring!
30. Work and Word,
Scripture and song!
Count your blessings
—You can’t go wrong!
36. The power of positive praise is terrific! Count your blessings, thank God for all He has done and chase the Devil away and all his shades of night by letting the Light in. The power of positive praise and quoting and singing and action just really puts the Devil on the run. He sure doesn’t like the Scripture and he hates praise and he hates thanksgiving and he hates songs of prayer and praise and he especially hates our positive active work for the Lord.
38. “Praise ye the Name of the Lord with the seven kisses of thy Father and be thankful and give praise to thy Love!”
52, 130‚ Thots 1
52. Praise Him when the sun is shining,
When the winds of trouble blow,
When you see no silver lining
On the clouds that hang so low.
Praise illumines clouds of sorrow‚
Turns the gray skies into gold
Giving promise of a morrow
Bright with blessings manifold.
Praise Him when your load is heavy
And the day no comfort brings,
Then your burden God will carry,
Bear you as on eagles’ wings.
God delights to have us praise Him,
And believe His Holy Word;
And He knoweth them that trust Him,
For they always praise the Lord.
—Ida A. Guirey
130. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed‚
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.
When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings‚ wealth can never buy‚
Your reward in Heaven‚ nor your Home on High.
So, amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, Angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
—Rev. J. Oatman
Word Basics: Thankfulness
2, 3, 7,
A. We are admonished to praise the Lord:
Psa.107:8Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works
Psa.18:3The Lord…is worthy to be praised
Psa.22:3(God) inhabitest the praises of Israel
Psa.66:8O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of His praise to be heard
Psa.67:3O God, let all the people praise Thee
Psa.100:4Enter into His gates with thanksgiving‚ and into His courts with praise
Psa.103:1Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name
Psa.113:1Praise ye the Lord, O ye servants of the Lord
Psa.117:1Praise the Lord‚ all ye nations…all ye people
Psa.147:1Praise ye the Lord: for…praise is comely
Psa.150:6Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord
Heb.13:15Offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually…the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name
1Pet.2:9Ye should show forth praises of Him Who called you
(See also Psa.50:23; 148:all; 150:all.)
B. Praise the Lord in song:
Psa.30:4Sing unto the Lord…and give thanks
Psa.69:30Praise the name of God with a song…and thanksgiving
Psa.92:1It is a good thing to…sing praises unto Thy name
Psa.98:1Sing unto the Lord a new song
Psa.147:1,7Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise
Eph.5:19Making melody in your heart to the Lord
Col.3:16Singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord
C. Praise the Lord happily:
Psa.5:11Let them that love Thy name be joyful in Thee
Psa.95:2bMake a joyful noise unto Him with psalms
Isa.51:3bJoy and gladness…thanksgiving‚ and the voice of melody
Jer.30:19Out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry
(See also Psa.100:1; Jer.33:11.)
Heb.13:15Let us offer…praise to God continually…our lips giving thanks to His name
Psa.34:1I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth
Psa.35:28My tongue shall speak of Thy…praise all day long
Psa.71:8Let my mouth be filled with Thy praise…all the day
(See also Psa.30:12b; 72:15b; 79:13; 104:33; 113:3.)
A. Praise and rejoice even when things go wrong:
Hab.3:17,18Although the…fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off…yet will I rejoice in the Lord
Mat.5:11,12When men revile you, and persecute you, and say…evil against you falsely…rejoice, and be exceeding glad
Lk.6:22,23When men shall hate you…separate you…reproach you …rejoice ye…and leap for joy
Acts 5:40,41They called the apostles, and beat them…they departed rejoicing that they were worthy to suffer shame
Acts 16:22-25Beat them…cast them into prison…Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God
1Thes.5:18In everything give thanks: this is the will of God
1Pet.4:12,13Think it not strange…the fiery trial…but rejoice
(See also Jer.15:10‚11,16; Jon.2:all; Phi.4:4.)
B. If you have a genuine deep grievance, tell the Lord:
Psa 55:2,3Hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise… because of the enemy…my heart is sore pained
Psa.55:22Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee
Psa.77:1-4I was troubled: I complained, my spirit…over whelmed
Psa.142:allI poured out my complaint before Him; I showed Him my trouble….my spirit was overwhelmed
1Pet.5:7Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you
(See also Heb.4:14-16)
C. Keep on praising and victory is sure to come:
2Chr.20:22When they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the (enemy)
D. Keep a thankful attitude in prayer:
Phi.4:6By prayer…with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God
Col.4:2Continue in prayer…with thanksgiving
ML #3265:3, 128-129, 133-135, GN 868
3. (Natalia:) Hearken unto the Heavens, dear children of David‚ for a new day dawns! I am Natalia, I stand in the Heavenlies to help, to assist and to help watch over all that is born anew.
128. I come that I might instruct you in the sweet song and dance of praise to our Lover and King! I visit you from the Heavenlies, that I might direct you, dear Family, in daily praise to our dear Jesus!
129. I come that I might show you this picture of victory, for this is the victory that overcomes all obstacles. This is the victory that will sustain you and keep you through these days of tests and preparation. For your Lover and Lord dwells in your praises! This is why you must praise Him continually, for your praises have drawing power. … Your praises call Him; they entice Him. They draw His Spirit, like a magnet‚ He clings to you when you praise.
133. I come to you, dear Family, to mentor, to guide, to lead you in the praise. As you praise our Husband continually, you will possess energy, power, vigor and strength that you have never known before. As you use this tool of praise, you will win victory in every battle.
134. Your Lover and Lord dwells in your praises! He comes when you praise. As you praise Him continually‚ you will find true freedom and strength of days, and you too will flow gracefully with the greatest of ease on the wings of praise, over and around and straight through any obstacle that Satan would try to put in your way.
135. I show you this picture of praise to encourage your hearts, and to help lead you in the song and dance of praise. For through continual praise, your life is born anew every morning. I help you by showing you this sample of praise. I demonstrate the freedom of spirit that is brought on through the power of praise! Praise, praise, praise is the victory! Praise is freedom! Praise is power! Let us praise our sweet Lover all the days of our lives‚ forever and ever and ever! (End of message.)
ML #3372:5-8, 11-12, 14-18, GN 967
5. (Natalia: ) I was created to lead you in praise. And I am honored to help teach you, the children of David, the true secrets and value of praise. I am honored to lead you in praise, that you might avail yourselves of its magical touch‚ that you might immerse yourselves in its glorious glow‚ that you might put its awesome power to use!
6. I was created for this purpose—to continually praise our loving Savior in song and dance! And at this Christmastime, it is fitting that I come to you, dear Family, to lead you in Christmas praises to our mighty King.
7. Do you know why? It was I who led the praise on that wondrous night our almighty Lord was born on Earth! Yes, it was I who led the cherubim‚ who led the seraphim, who led the Heavenly choir to praise and rejoice and give glory to God before the shepherds in the fields.
8. This is why I bear the name Natalia, for I was to have the honor of leading the Heavens and those who witnessed the birth on Earth in praise on that first Noel! I led the praise on that glorious night when our King came down that you might live forevermore. I led the praise the night your salvation was made possible, when Love came to you at Christmas!
11. Let your praise be known to all the worlds! Be not as those who repeat the words in vain repetition, but immerse yourselves in the joyful sound of praise and glory in its power! Praise with all your heart, with all your mind, with all your soul, and let your praise lift you to the Heavenlies!
12. This is the kind of praise our dear Love wants. This is the kind of praise that empowers you. This is the kind of praise that brings fruit in your lives. This is the kind of praise that rises above. This is the kind of praise that turns the keys to the Kingdom, which you hold in your hands. This is the kind of praise that transcends the impossible!
14. Lose yourselves in praise to the King of Kings! Sing for joy and be filled! This is what your Husband desires as you remember His birth. He wants you. He wants your joyous, exuberant, happy praise.
15. Do you know why? Yes, He derives great pleasure and satisfaction when He hears your praise. Yet greater than this, your praises open the door for our strong Defender to fill you with His power. This is His greatest pleasure—to fill you with His Spirit. This is what He longs for. He wants to flow, flow, flow through your veins. He wants to pump His energy throughout you.
16. This is what pleases our King more than anything—to fill you with His Spirit, for He knows this is what brings true happiness—when you are filled with His strength and power! Through your praises you create a vacuum that He can fill, and when He does, you benefit in ways beyond compare. Through your praise your spirit is set free, and this is what pleases your Love. Through your praise‚ you raise shields of protection around you that guard you from the Enemy’s attacks.
17. Through your praise you receive the blessings of God; you open the door to receive the riches of Heaven through your praise, and this is what He wants. He wants to heap on you His great treasure. He wants to give and give and give to you again—more than you can possibly conceive of. This is why He loves your praise; through your praises you make it possible for the King to love you like He wants to.
18. He glories in your praise. He dwells in your praise. He comes to you when you praise. His desire is to meet your desire, to fill you and thrill you and make you happy, to strengthen and empower you to move forward.
ML #3471:107, 109-110, GN 1059
107. (Jesus:) Each of you has a spirit helper that guides you in praise. They help you to praise and remind you to praise, but the way they work can be likened to a battery. The more you praise, the more they are charged, and the longer they can run without recharging‚ and the more output they can have. You need to increase your praise output in order to increase their output back to you.
109. Praise is so much like electricity. When the batteries are charged or the generators are running‚ then there’s a plentiful supply of power. But weak batteries or faulty generators cause the lights to go out. If you don’t actively praise and focus‚ then not enough spiritual oomph will be generated to push your prayers through to answers. This is simplistic, but it shows you how praise works and how you can get more and better answers by praising.
110. You must seek out your praise angel or angels. You must ask them how you can help them to help you, so that your praises are activated and your prayers are pushed along to answers. Claim a refilling of the Holy Ghost, not just today‚ but whenever you need it and are feeling a bit dry. According to your praise be it unto you! (End of message.)
X Factor!, The: Praise
By Maria AM 3712 8/08
Table of Contents
Using the Spiritual Weapon of Praise Professionally in Our Witnessing and Winning!
“The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds” ( 2 Corinthians 10:4 ).
1. The weapon of praise is an umbrella term for different kinds of thankfulness and praise to Jesus, all of which defeat the Enemy. Speaking of praise, the Lord has said that it’s one of the most neglected weapons, yet one of the most powerful, and that it’s “the undefeatable weapon.” (See ML #3449:10 , 3494:69-70 .)
2. The Lord’s Spirit is the key ingredient in our witnessing and winning. Without it, all the rest–getting out the door, being a good example, the careful preparation, the professional approach, the winning smile, the interesting class or presentation–won’t be enough to secure the kind of results we need. There has to be a strong element of the Lord’s Spirit working and doing the miracles.
3. So how do we harness the Lord’s Spirit? One of the main ways is through praising Him. Praise not only brings us into His presence, but it brings Him into our presence. In other words‚ it attracts His Spirit to be present with us and then to work in the situation as we need and desire. Praise activates God’s power. Praise releases the help from the spirit world that we need. Praise is one of the most effective and positive ways of defeating the Enemy–it makes the atmosphere around us inhospitable to him; it drives him far away.
4. Now, just because we praise before we go out the door or before approaching someone, that doesn’t mean that everything will always go perfectly and that each person will be a sheep. Each person still has free will‚ and often people will make wrong choices and close themselves off to the Lord’s Spirit and love. Things won’t always work out as we had planned. But if we’re praising Him, these rejections or disappointments will not affect our spirits. We’ll be able to trust, and we can rest assured that the Lord knows what He’s doing and that He is in control.
5. We need to use praise in our witnessing and winning to keep our own spirits high and dwelling in the Lord’s realm–both when things are going well and when they’re tough. When we wield the weapon of praise, we’ll be thinking on the positive. Our minds will be stayed on Jesus and the victories that He has given us in the past and that He will give us in the future. That can pull you through a tough day in your witnessing when the circumstances and conditions are difficult and discouraging. Praise will give you the strength and endurance that you need. Or when things are going well‚ praise will help you to be proactive, and to send up praises for the bigger and better things the Lord is going to bring your way in the future.
6. The Earth is still the Enemy’s territory and it is mostly given over to him, so when you’re out there in the war zone, conditions aren’t always going to be ideal. We’re on commando missions for the Lord‚ and while it’s exciting and the results are thrilling, the conditions will sometimes be pretty rough–spiritually and physically. Employing praise is one of the most important ways to keep your morale high, to keep your mind sharp and focused, and to stay free of any of the Enemy’s discouraging thoughts or feelings that threaten to pull you down.
7. Not only is being praiseful beneficial to you, in lifting your spirit‚ but it will also positively affect the people that you talk to and interact with. They will sense your positive spirit. It’s a part of your testimony. When you’re praiseful, you’re full of Jesus. Since it’s our job to sell Jesus and to get others hooked on Him, what better way to be full of our product than to be full of praise? You’ll shine like a light in the darkness, and you’ll be able to draw many to Him. Those in the world will want the happiness that you have.
8. The tougher the world conditions around you are and the heavier the spirit of the System is, the more the Lord’s sheep, those who are open and seeking the truth, will see that you’re different. They’ll want to know how you can be happy and full of praise and thankfulness when things are so tough all around them. They’ll want you to help to lift them up and above their problems. Your spirit of praise will be reflected in the words that you exchange with them–even if you’re not engaging in a heavy witness right then–and it’ll sometimes be reflected without words, just through your smile‚ your eyes, or your spirit. A spirit of praise is contagious, and stands out incredibly.
9. You can also use praise to clear the spiritual atmosphere where you’re witnessing and to rebuke hindering spirits. You can use it in your classes and meetings with your flock, to keep them upbeat and alive. You can use it when things are going slow, or when your appointment has been delayed, or when you’re stuck in traffic on the way to your witnessing spot, so that these events don’t sour your spirit or drain your faith. There are so many benefits to using praise. Always aim to keep a praise on your lips as you go about your job of witnessing and winning!
10. (Jesus:) I send you forth with the light of praise–a light of joy, thanksgiving, and happiness–one that a despairing world desperately needs, and one that will prevent you from falling into the sadness that will pervade the atmosphere as the days get darker. As you show your happiness of spirit through your countenance, as you keep praises to Me on your lips no matter what situation you find yourself in, you will be conquering the forces of darkness through your example and your fighting spirit. You will show the world that life’s difficulties can be weathered when one has adopted an attitude of praise. They will want to do the same, and they will then see miracles happening in their lives too.
11. (Jesus:) Imagine a grumpy store clerk. This fellow has products that people want and that they come into his store to buy, so in that respect he has a lot going for him. But his demeanor isn’t going to encourage many sales. If he was cheerful–what could be called praiseful–he would undoubtedly do a lot better.
12. When it comes to witnessing, you don’t have many people coming into your store, so to speak; you have to take the store to them. Even though they really need your products, they usually don’t know they do. So you’ve got a few things that aren’t in your favor when it comes to sales. And if you are grumpy or just flat? Well‚ that’s the final proverbial nail in your coffin.
13. So you have to use the one thing that you can to sell your product, and that one thing is you! You are your first and oftentimes only advertisement, and your customers need to be interested, even intrigued, by what they see. Now, the challenge is to make yourself that interesting ad. But I have already risen to the challenge and given you a magical charm that will help to make you into a stunning billboard for your product. It’s called praise!
14. It’s that positive power that starts flowing through you when you open your mouth and let Me fill it. As you let the praise out‚ as you speak it, sing it‚ think it, even shout it, you start the flow of My Spirit not just out of you, but into you. You won’t always be praising out loud when you’re witnessing and winning, but you get the flow started beforehand so that once you’re out there, the flow is steady and the positive power of praise is radiating from you. Getting yourself started takes some effort‚ but once the flow is going, it’s more automatic, and you just have to keep your mind switched on to the positive.
15. (Jesus: ) Picture yourself as a bottle. Shake yourself up a little with the power of praise before you go out witnessing, so that when you “pop,” you’re like a bottle of champagne and you bubble out all over the show! People love the bubbly and they stick their glasses under the bottle to try to catch every drop. Use the weapon of praise and you will attract many to Me.
16. * Use praise to attract people to you and your message. People are attracted to people who are positive and happy. Although misery loves company, most people don’t want to be part of the company.
17. Look happy, smile. Happiness makes you interesting. People are more likely to want to know you and want to know about you if you are happy. When they inquire as to the source of your happiness, it gives you an opening to witness.
18. (Jesus:) When you praise, you are happy. You can’t honestly praise and not feel at least a little bit happy. It’s like eating. When you eat something, you taste the flavor. When you praise, you taste the joy.
19. (Jesus:) Praise equals happiness. You might not be wreathed in smiles, but the corners of your mouth can turn up, even if just a little. That is the nature of praise coming through. Praise will make you a happy person, and this is one of the primary benefits of being praiseful in your witnessing.
20. * Use praise to encourage those you’re witnessing to. When people are talking to you about the difficulties and problems in their life, use praise to bring out the good and the positive side. Help to lift them out of their sadness through the power of praise. Being able to empathize with people is an important part of witnessing. However, you don’t want to end up just wallowing in all of the pain and problems; you have to go beyond that, with the power of praise. Praise is the lifeline that will help you to pull that person out of the pit of despair and bring them into Jesus’ arms. (See ML #3641:30-39‚ GN 1211.)
21. * Begin every outreach meeting with a short praise time specifically for your ministry and the things that the Lord has done–long- and short-term–and also for what He will do and has promised to do. Infuse your ministry with praise, along with prayer and the keys, thus ensuring that you have all of the power of Heaven with you.
22. * Make praise a part of your sample and witness by praising out loud. Since there are many ways to wield the weapon of praise (gratitude, optimism, the “glad game,” etc.), it makes praise a versatile weapon that is suitable for any occasion. The point is to make a conscious effort to verbalize praise, so that the person to whom you’re ministering will learn to be a praise-wielder as well. This is especially good to do with your flock and those you’re ministering to regularly.
23. * Incorporate praise songs and praise exercises in your witnessing and winning, classes with your flock, etc.
24. * Try this sometime when trying to save someone’s soul: If a question is thrown at you in your witnessing and you don’t know how to answer it‚ try saying: “I don’t know the answer to that question, but I can tell you that you can be happy like me if you receive Jesus!” There is a God who loves and cares for them‚ and no matter what answers they seek or what problems they have, He is there for them, and that’s something to be happy about!
25. * When your friends have hit hard times‚ you can encourage them to think about some of the good that they still have in their lives.
26. * Teach your friends how to praise the Lord for the bad and use extreme praise, as this will strengthen them and their faith that He loves them and is in control. (See ” Extreme Praise ,” ML #3641, GN 1211, as well as the examples in the books by Merlin Carothers on the MO site: “Prison to Praise” and “Power in Praise.”)
27. * When giving classes‚ you promote the power of praise by talking about the times when the act of praising won a victory either in Bible times, in your own personal experiences, or in the lives of others you know.
28. * Let your sheep see you regularly lifting your hands in praise to the Lord. Teach them what the lifting of hands in praise means and signifies, and why it’s important, so that they will begin to get in the habit of doing it too.
29. * Even when discussing something as simple as the weather with a friend or a sheep, if the conversation turns to how bad the weather is, you can say how thankful you are that it’s not always that way.
30. (Jesus:) The power of praise is yours to use and yours to teach others how to use. Divide the Enemy’s kingdom through leading the way with your lanterns of praise that will show those who live in darkness that there is a better way. I send you with the undefeatable weapon of praise to banish darkness, so that in your use of it, others will see your happiness and your joy. Your invincible spirit will be manifested, and they will be drawn to it. The weapon of praise will do the talking for you.
31. * If you’re provisioning over the phone and you’re getting a lot of “no’s,” stop and take a praise break. Praise the Lord for some of the contacts that He’s already given you, and for the ones that He will supply by faith.
32. * Use praise after each meeting, appointment or class, no matter how it went. If it went well, praise the Lord for it. If it didn’t go in the direction that you had expected‚ then it’s a good time to use extreme praise.
33. * If you’re trying to get through to an important friend or contact in order to follow up on them and minister to them, and you’re not having success, start using the weapon of praise. Thank the Lord for the victory that it’s going to be once you make contact with them. Wield the weapon of praise to blast through the Enemy’s blockades and attempts to keep you from contacting the person. Praise the Lord for releasing Michael to assist you‚ just as he assisted in fighting the Enemy so that the Lord’s message could get through to Daniel ( Dan.10:12-13 ).
34. * If you’ve prepared an Activated meeting, have invited a bunch of people that you met while out witnessing‚ and were hoping for a good-sized turnout, and only one person shows up, praise the Lord that you have the opportunity to give focused attention to that one person who might really need it, and who could turn out to be someone that you need to pour more of the Word and truth into. Praise the Lord that there will be other opportunities for Activated meetings and wonderful victories won in the future as more people start coming to your meetings as a result of your refusal to give up.
35. * Use praise to fight the Enemy and wound him when you are confronting a murmuring spirit, or a fearful spirit, or a bitter spirit, or any of a number of unpleasant or negative spirits that you can sometimes confront or encounter in your witnessing and winning.
36. * If someone who you’ve been ministering to for a while cools off and stops coming over for visits‚ or starts making excuses why it wouldn’t be convenient to meet with you, praise. It’s discouraging to think of the time that you dedicated to teaching them the Word, praying for them, and helping them to make progress in their spiritual life, and how it seems like it’s no longer bearing fruit. But it’s an excellent opportunity to praise the Lord for all the truth and Word that they did receive, which, according to the Lord’s promises, will not return void ( Isa.55:11 ).
37. Praise the Lord for the good things that will result from the witness that you invested, whether you see those good things or not, and whether they occur in this life or the next. Praise the Lord that either that person is going to come back to Jesus at some point, or, if they don’t, then you’ll have more time to invest in those who continue to be hungry for the Word. So either way, it’s a victory! You can also praise the Lord for the blessings that He’s going to give you for your faithfulness in giving out the message regardless of the choices of those you minister to.
38. * If you’re out on follow-up appointments and things aren’t going well‚ or those who you were going to see ended up being too busy to meet with you and you’re wondering what to do next, praise the Lord. He can use the opportunity for you to meet someone who you weren’t planning on seeing that day, someone who needs to receive His love. Praise the Lord for the chance to be an instant witness, to meet new people, for being in a position for the Lord to put you in the right place at the right time to meet the person(s) of His choice.
39. (Jesus:) It’s through praise that many miracles are wrought. It’s through sincerely thanking Me for the good, the bad‚ and the ugly that you rise above the earthly realm; that’s where you touch the supernatural, and that is where I can do miracles. And changing even one life is a miracle.
40. * If you’re teaching a class and your sheep are having a hard time understanding and receiving certain spiritual principles, and the Enemy seems to be fighting them with doubts and trying to close their heart, stop for a few minutes of praise together with them. Thank the Lord for the light of His truth, and dispel the Enemy’s darkness and confusion, fear and doubt. Use praise to create a direct link from your sheep to Jesus so that they will have understanding and acceptance of His words.
41. * If you’ve been having a hard time with someone in the Home lately, and now you’re scheduled to go together to teach a class to one of your 12FS groups, use praise to thank the Lord for the opportunity to bond with your brother or sister. Use praise to open the floodgates of Heaven so that the spirit of love and unity can fall upon you and make you a tight-knit team that gets the job done of feeding the sheep.
42. * A good way to use praise in your outreach ministry is to use it as a weapon of faith–claiming His promises before you have seen them fulfilled. The quote says, “Faith knows God will do it, and He does!” This is one of the highest levels of appropriating faith. You’re taking the action of thanking the Lord for answering your prayer even before He has done so‚ which shows that you have the kind of faith that will get the needed results. So use praise times throughout the day with your partner, but also use “praise prayers” often in your ministry‚ as they are powerful.
43. * Praise the Lord for everything–whether it’s a “good” day or a “bad” day. There will be days when you will come home excited and inspired about all of the obvious miracles and answers to prayer, and there will be other days when you will come home tired and exhausted and maybe discouraged at what appears to be little or no fruit for your efforts. But, come rain or shine, praise, and in the long run‚ you’ll see results!
44. * If you’re teaching a class and you’re struggling with your delivery or it seems flat in the spirit; if the person or crowd isn’t responsive, or your interaction isn’t flowing, break the stalemate through praise. Stir things up in spirit through praise.
45. * If you’re shy or nervous about giving a class or an upcoming appointment, or you’re feeling awkward during the appointment, praise will help you to take your eyes off the way you feel and give you the boost of faith and courage that you need.
46. * If you’re not inspired about going out witnessing, praise can give your attitude and outlook a complete makeover–from negative to positive, from reluctance to anticipation.
47. * Smile‚ under any conditions, and keep on smiling. Smiling exudes a spirit of happiness and faith, which shows those who are watching you that Jesus lives and breathes and works through you. Smile, and you will be a true reflection of His Spirit.
Copyright © 2008 by The Family International