He that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind & tossed ( Jam.1:6 ).
1. The guy who compromises winds up by not pleasing anybody at all!
2. It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
3. A man convinced against his will is not convinced.
4. What I must do, & not what people think, is all that concerns me.
5. With God, it’s usually all or nothing at all! There’s no halfway with the Lord! He abhors the half-hearted, the lukewarm, the indecisive, the compromisers, the “so-far-&-no-further folks”!
6. We have never hung on to anybody at the price of compromise & sacrificing the work & the Word & the Spirit of God & our high standards & loyalty to the leadership & the Family!
7. If you stand by without protest when the rights of others are being violated, soon these same evil forces will be violating your own!
8. If the Devil can’t get you to stop, he tries to get you to compromise. He tempts you with half-truths that make you doubt your convictions or not live up to them fully. He knows you’ll never make peace with him in your war on evil, so he tries to tempt you with a temporary truce.
9. The only way the Devil can win is to get you to let down your guard for just a moment, or get you to compromise only a few minutes so he can do his dirty work while you’re not looking!
10. If you’re on fire, the World will come to see you burn!
11. The Enemy of your soul just needs a little time of compromise to get close enough to strike you some mortal blow below the belt! This is the grave danger of the unguarded moment!–Just a moment of unguarded danger that can put you in your grave!
12. To sin by silence when they should protest, makes cowards out of men.
13. You can’t do business with the Devil! You can’t declare a truce with Satan & say, “You leave me alone & I’ll leave you alone!” The Lord doesn’t approve of that at all!
14. Conscience is God’s presence in man.
15. To be persuasive, we must be believable,
To be believable, we must be credible,
To be credible, we must be truthful.
16. We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the Light.
17. Take your stand! If you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.
18. If the voice tells me to do something bad, I know it’s the Devil! If it tells me to do something good, I know it’s God!
19. First impressions are the right ones, if you’re truly following the Lord!
20. Don’t try to sell something you’re not sold on.
21. I am afraid to work with people who are not sold out to God.
22. I cannot stomach people who haven’t got the guts to stand up for what they believe!
23. If you don’t tell others, you don’t believe it yourself! Something you believe, you talk about!
24. It is so easy to make excuses, legitimate, logical, reasonable, acceptable excuses why you couldn’t make it–why you shouldn’t be expected to make it, & in most cases most people will accept your excuses, because most people don’t have faith either, & in excusing you they’re excusing themselves. But is God going to excuse you?
25. Failing to stand up for the truth is nearly as bad as denying the Lord!
26. Sometimes it’s good to be stubborn if you’re stubborn for the Lord in the right direction.
27. We have to stand pat on our convictions and pay the price for them, the stand-pat price of being a revolutionary!
28. I believe we’re right–the rightest of all the rights! We’ve got the best of everything!
29. After I finally got to trusting the Lord, I didn’t care what people thought, I just did what I thought was best!
30. If you let people push you around you’ll never get anywhere in this kind of World! You’ve got to fight for your rights!
31. Someone has said: “It is not enough for a gardener to love flowers, he must also hate weeds.”
32. One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who only have interest.
33. If your will power doesn’t work, try your “won’t” power.
34. You can’t face a situation without doing something about it, if you’re conscientious.
35. You’ve got to really believe in your product to speak & preach & sell with conviction!
36. Jesus refused to compromise with the religious system, but rather worked totally outside the existing system, attacked it head-on, ruthlessly exposed it & drove the money-changers from the Temple, & strove to lead God’s little children back to the worship of the true Father.
37. If your heart condemns you not, then you have confidence or faith toward God. In other words, if you have such strong faith in the Spirit & in the Word that you know what you’re doing is the right thing because of the Word & the Holy Spirit, you can do things that some other Christians can’t even do, that they would feel condemned about doing.
38. If you still think the System’s great, then get your hell out of here, & go back to the swinepit & your vomit!–But if you’re going to serve God, for God’s sake, know what you believe, & serve Him, no matter what they say!
39. I think anybody who is ashamed of their convictions must not have enough foundation for their faith.
40. Watch out about compromise. Watch out about any compromise or pulling your punches for advantage, for finances, for protection, for safety, for anything. Be faithful to the message; be faithful to the method; be faithful to the Word; be faithful to the Voice of God; be faithful to His Revolution, the particular ministry He’s called you to–to be loyal!
41. You have to have conviction, or you cannot live, and then you have to do something about your conviction, or you can’t stand to live with yourself!
42. There is no such thing as the peaceful co-existence of good & evil! “I came not to bring peace, but a sword!” One or the other has to conquer!
43. You cannot stop the man of faith! You cannot dissuade him! You cannot divert him! He’ll go on, with or without you, or right over you, if necessary!
44. One compromise leads to another & eventually leads to complete denial, renunciation & denouncement!
45. The Devil’s answer to God’s challenge is always a System-preserving compromise.
46. If the shoe fits, wear it! It’s the hit dog that usually howls.
47. People don’t realise that if they hold one little thing back from the Lord, one little compromise, one little tiny thing from the Lord, they’re on their way to backsliding! Because one little disobedience leads to another, one little refusal & denial leads to another, one bit of selfishness leads to more.
48. If I’ve gotten something directly & specifically from the Lord on a matter, either from the written Word or a direct revelation, it is your duty to obey that, & not be dissuaded or stopped by others’ doubts or questions.
49. You’re God’s ambassador, you’re representing the King of kings, the One who runs the universe, do don’t let people push you around.
50. The temptation is always to compromise & soft peddle & tone down the message & the doctrines & the methods to please the people, particularly the churches & the governments for the sake of support & to escape any kind of disapproval or persecution.
51. The Devil uses all kinds of tricks to get you to compromise, & once you compromise, then you begin to become more & more like them & closer to them until pretty soon you can’t tell the two apart.
52. All the churches, denominations, splinter groups, new cults & isms & sects had to eventually choose whether to stick true & all-out for their messages & doctrines & preaching them & practising them, or choose safety, comfort, convenience, compromise, peace & support, & you can see what virtually all of them did!
(See also No. D , F , 66 , 143A , 148 , 299 , 309B , 399 , 585 , 585R , 586 , 589 , 590 , 591 , 597 , 678 , 679 , 703 , 772 , 804 , 936 , 1005 , 1054 , 1330 , 1377 , 1511 , 1548 .)
53. 1KI.18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow Him: but if Baal, then follow him.
54. PSA.57:7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
55. PRO.8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil.
56. PRO.16:3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
57. ISA.50:7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
58. DAN.3:18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
59. HOS.10:2 Their heart is divided; now shall they be found faulty.
60. HAB.2:4b The just shall live by his faith.
61. ACT.4:20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
62. ACT.28:30,31 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the Kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
63. 1CO.9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air.
64. 1CO.10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.
65. 1CO.16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
66. EPH.4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.
67. TIT.2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
68. HEB.13:9 Be not carried about with diverse and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace.
69. JAM.1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
70. JAM.1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
71. 1PE.3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
72. 1JO.3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
73. REV.3:15,16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot. I would that thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family