Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, & take up his cross & follow Me ( Mt.16:24 ).
1. A disciple forsakes everything, walks with Jesus, follows Jesus and lives with Jesus! This is the difference between mere Christians and disciples.
2. Halfway, half-hearted, half-baked disciples make God sick at His stomach!
3. If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
4. A disciple is a mind through which Christ thinks
A heart through which Christ loves
A voice through which Christ speaks
A hand through which Christ helps.
5. There is no discharge in this war–only promotion!
6. You cannot serve two masters. ( Mt.6:24 )
7. I only regret that I have but one life to give for my Lord.
8. What do you hear on the mountain?–Things that are going to echo around the World! What do you hear on the mountain?–Whispers that are going to change the course of history!
9. Loyalty is the prime requisite in any man’s army.
10. God wants strong soldiers to win the lost & save the World!–He wants wildly willing working witnesses to die daily for Jesus & others!
11. When you join the army you are expected to stick to the army’s rules, whether you like them or not.
12. The one thing the Lord will not tolerate in His Army is desertion.
13. You are God’s expendables!–Created to burn out on His altar of sacrifice–made to wear out as His tools of design–to die, that others may live.
14. You can only offer others an invitation to come & die with you–to die to the flesh that they may live in the Spirit!
15. By the time we’ve had a new disciple in our ranks for three months, he ought to be able to stand on his own.
16. If the Devil can’t keep you from being a Christian, he’ll try to keep you from being a revolutionary Christian!
17. God never specialises in numbers!–He likes quality!
18. It’s not numbers that count, but the quality and devotion of your disciples to the Lord and lost souls.
19. Our primary requisites for membership: Salvation, fellowship, litnessing or witnessing.
20. Don’t jeopardise the whole army for one risky soldier!
21. There are many concentric circles and degrees of discipleship which must be recognised and appreciated and used.
22. Many many were called but very very few were chosen, because very few chose to follow His way.( Mt.22:14 )
23. When you decide to serve God full time, all Hell breaks loose!
24. We cannot risk the whole Army for one soldier’s personal problems!
25. Holy Ghost power means more Disciples and less trouble with the ones you have!
26. Once you have chosen God & His way, He refuses to take second place to anything or anybody, & will not let you put any other gods before Him–not your old job nor your old boss nor even your old family & friends.
27. The father who stuck by the business & the rest of the family, vanished into obscurity & oblivion, whereas those stinking filthy fishermen sons of his wandered off with a perfect Stranger, & made history that has helped save millions of souls for Eternity!
28. For us it’s quality, not quantity; purity, not popularity; autonomy, not numbers; power, not population; leaders, not just sheep, disciples, not just church members; soldiers, not just civilians!
29. God wants you to capture leaders!–People who are already leaders!
30. You know Jesus better now than the disciples did then!–Because He’s in you now, He was only with them then!( Jn.14:17 )
31. The only ones you can really trust are those who have their eyes on the Lord.
32. You are the cadre, the officers and the leaders of this last great spiritual Revolution.–And that requires 100% dedication!–Do or die!
33. We are genuine officers’ training schools preparing a cadre for World leadership!
34. Discipleship will only cost you your old life, which we’ll replace with a new one of total joy and happiness!
35. If you don’t consider this your Family & this your Home, you are not one of us & you ought to go back to your system family & home where you belong.
36. We cannot do a good job loving You, Lord, & loving others & serving them unless we “hate” our system folks & Worldly home & everything that they stand for, by comparison with the way we love You, Lord. Of course we love them, Lord, of course we even love our enemies, Lord, we love them for Thy glory & for Thy sake, we love their souls & we want to see them saved. But we hate the way they are now, Lord, we’d like to change them, we’d like to make them like us. Then You could trust us with loving them. But Lord, if they don’t love us & they don’t love You that much, Lord, we cannot but hate them. How can we love those that hate Thee?
37. We are God’s special troops who are willing to give up anything, do anything, share anything for Jesus. The others are the regular army of Jesus Christ & they love Jesus a little bit, they believe in Jesus a little bit, & that’s all you need to go to Heaven. But for us that’s not enough!–It’s not sufficient. For us it’s necessary to serve Jesus Christ all the time with all our heart & all our mind!
38. Jesus offers you, His disciple, a better life, a better job, in a better place with a better Boss for a better Family and greater rewards!
39. You take the Mountain & you’ll leave the multitudes behind. Only His disciples came unto Him–they were the ones who followed Jesus all the way! ( Mt.5:1,2 )
(See also No. B , F , S , 34 , 42 , 140 , 148 , 153 , 203 , 225 , 242 , 251 , 314A , 328B , 334A , 542 , 551 , 641 , 703 , 756 , 960 , 1033 , 1068 .)
40. PSA.4:3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is Godly for Himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto Him.
41. MAT.4:19,20 And He saith unto them, Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed Him.
42. MAT.10:36-38 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me.
43. MAT.12:48-50 He answered and said unto him that told Him, Who is My mother? and who are My brethren? And He stretched forth His hand toward His disciples, and said, Behold My mother and My brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of My Father which is in Heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother.
44. MAT.22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
45. MAR.4:34b …when they were alone, He expounded all things to His disciples.
46. MAR.10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in Heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.
47. LUK.9:57-62 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto Him, Lord, I will follow Thee whithersoever Thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head. And He said unto another, Follow Me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the Kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow Thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the Kingdom of God.
48. LUK.10:23,24 And He turned him unto His disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see: For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
49. JOH.6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for Him hath God the Father sealed.
50. JOH.12:26 If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honour.
51. JOH.13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another.
52. ACT.4:34,35 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles’ feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
53. ACT.15:26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
54. ROM.8:35-37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
55. EPH.6:13-16 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
56. 2TI.1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His Own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the World began.
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family