Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God ( 2Cor.1:4 ).
1. He gives me joy in place of sorrow,
He gives me love that casts out fear,
He gives me sunshine for my shadow,
And beauty for ashes dear!
2. O Joy, that seeketh me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not in vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
3. When all our hopes are gone & all seems to fail, even when our dreams are shattered & our ships come home with broken sails, we still have Jesus!–And He’s all we need!
4. Jesus still remembers when the World forgets.
5. I sometimes tremble on the Rock, but the Rock never trembles under me.
6. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.
7. God’s tomorrow, God’s tomorrow!
Every cloud will pass away,
With the dawning of that day!
God’s tomorrow! No more sorrow!
For I know that God’s tomorrow,
Will be brighter than today!
8. The darkest hour is just before dawn, & then it’ll be God’s tomorrow which will last forever with you & me!
9. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take!
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy & shall break
In blessing on your head!
10. When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don’t be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
11. The Lord can make even a little bit of Egypt into a little bit of Heaven if Jesus is there with you.
12. He restoreth my soul when I’m weary
He giveth me strength day by day
He leads me beside the still waters
He guards me each step of the way.
13. You can give Him away as much as you want but never get rid of Him.–You’ll always have Him & He’s always near.
14. When all is dark & I cannot see
I call Your Name, You come to me
You take my hand & draw me near
You light my way & make it clear!
15. When everything else is passed away, you’ll still have Jesus! When everything else is gone, there’ll still be Jesus. When all others forsake you, there’ll still be Jesus. When you haven’t got anything left, there’ll still be Jesus. When the World has nothing left, you’ll still have Jesus!
16. Beloved, the outlook for us in this World & our future here could hardly be darker!–But the uplook could hardly be brighter or more glorious!
17. The darker the outlook, the brighter the uplook.
18. “For I am He that filleth all things, to pour out upon the thirsty ground, to beautify the lowly life, to heal the ragged wounds, to enlighten the darkened minds, to bring Grace & Beauty & Wisdom.”
19. You’ve got all the Promises in the whole Bible on your side.
20. The future is as bright as the Promises of God!
21. God puts consolation only where He first put pain.
22. Without weaknesses, we couldn’t help others.
23. There’s nothing you’re going through but what Jesus has gone through already!
24. God is with us & the storm cannot overcome us!
25. We cannot lose! It is impossible to defeat us!–Our enemies are already doomed & damned to defeat & Hell!
26. Nothing happens to you that hasn’t happened to someone else.
27. He was better to me than all my hopes,
He was brighter than all my fears;
He made a bridge of my broken works,
And a rainbow of my tears.
28. Though we tremble in the dark,
In need of strength & help & cheer,
We have a tender Father’s Word,
Fear thou not, for I am here!
29. There’s no greater comfort than to remember that when you’re living in the centre of God’s Will, nothing can ever happen to you without God’s permission.
30. When wearied with the strain of it all, you can fly to God on the wings of prayer & faith & get the relief that He alone can give you.
31. Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the Blood.
Some through great sorrows, but God gives a song,
In the night season & all the day long!
32. His Word is always a comfort & the Voice of His Spirit is always an encouragement in the hour of greatest trial.
33. Thank God for the comfort of His cleansing Word!
34. Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of Earth shall grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory & grace!
35. The Lord said, “Will I not care for My Own?”–We & our little ones & all of His children everywhere!
36. The Lord is able to keep us through anything & everything!
37. Forget thyself; console the sadness near thee;
Thine own shall then depart,
And songs of joy, like heavenly birds, shall cheer thee
And dwell within thy heart.
38. Soon He’s coming back to welcome me,
Far beyond the starry sky!
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown
I shall reign with Him on high!
39. Help them to know the joy, the love & the healing balm, Lord, that cleanses every heart & heals every wound & removes every stain.
40. If He can just break & melt your heart, then He woos & wins it & warms & melts it & makes it bright & burning & happy!–And it’s no longer solitaire!
41. “I shall wipe away all their tears, neither shall they remember them any more, for all their pain shall be forgotten in the beauties & joys that are to come!”
42. “Yet a little while, & time shall be no more! Just a little more time, a little while, & thou shalt be with Me forever! Sorrow shall endure for a season, but joy cometh in the morning. Then all these things shall be swept away! Wonderful comfort ye one another with these Words!”
43. “I shall take away thy pain & thy grief forever with everlasting joy & eternal solace that shall never end!”
44. “Even as this perfume wipes away the evil, so shall My Love wipe away the hurt!”
45. When Jesus comes, the Tempter’s power is broken,
When Jesus comes, your tears are wiped away!
He takes your gloom, & fills your life with glory!
For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay!
46. When your heart is aching, turn to Jesus,
He’s the dearest Friend that you can know.
You will find Him standing close beside you
Waiting peace & blessing to bestow!
47. He heals every heartache,
He hears every sigh,
This wonderful Saviour of mine!
He helps me in trouble,
He heeds when I cry,
This wonderful Saviour of mine!
48. No one ever cared for me like Jesus!
There’s no other Friend so kind & true!
No one else could take that sin & sadness from me,
Oh, how much He cares for me!
49. I have nothing to do with tomorrow,
My Saviour has made that His care.
Its grace & its strength I can’t borrow,
So why should I borrow its care?
50. Fear thou not for I am with thee,
I will still thy Pilot be.
Never mind those tossing billows,
Take My hand & trust in Me!
51. I sing because I’m happy!
I sing because I’m free!
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He cares for me!
52. You are His forever, so He’ll never leave nor forsake you even unto the end of the World! He’ll hold you fast!
53. Let not your heart be troubled,
His tender words do hear.
Just rest within His goodness
And lose your doubts & fears!
54. Did you stumble today? Did you fall today? The Lord saw it, He cares & He’s going to hold you no matter what. Even if you stumble & fall, the Lord will lift you up!
55. God is still on the Throne
And He will remember His Own!
Though trials may press us & burdens distress us
He never will leave us alone!
God is still on the Throne,
He never forsaketh His Own!
His Promise is true, He will not forget you,
God is still on the Throne!
56. What are you worrying about?–You’re in His hands!
57. The valley may be dark, the shadows deep,
But the Shepherd guards His lonely sheep!
58. “Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted!” Blessed to mourn? More blessed to have problems & sorrows? Yes, because you will be comforted!
59. He Himself will never suffer us to be tempted above that which we are able to bear!–He always gives us some way of escape!
60. You don’t know how you’re going to make it, but He can make it for you!
61. The Great Physician now is near,
The sympathising Jesus!
He speaks, the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus!
62. Even though all around you is war & confusion, you can have peace in your own heart through the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ!
63. Jesus never sleeps! He watches all the time, & all of His Angels–& His Saints!–He knows every hair of your head.–Everything is in His hands!
64. He hideth my soul in the cleft of the Rock (Jesus),
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His Love,
And covers me there with His hand!
65. Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Safe on His gentle breast!
There shall thy heart be happy,
There shalt thou find sweet rest!
66. I want you to really get thrilled & excited & looking forward to Heaven, & it will help you bear some of these burdens & trials that you’re going through now when you realise these are only just for a moment!
67. The suffering of this present time is not anything to be compared to the glories that we are going to share in the near future!– Rom.8:18 .
68. Be stedfast, unmoveable, work hard for the Lord, because your labours are not in vain! You’re going to inherit that marvellous Heavenly body & Heavenly City before long!
69. Just open your heart & let the sun shine in!–When you look up, the sky is the limit!–Up There the Sun is always shining! The light is always shining at the end of the tunnel, always!
70. We abide under the shadow of the Almighty! We are overshadowed, we are enveloped. Your arms are about us, & we are one!
71. “Blessed is he that seeketh My face in the hour of trouble. So shall he be in the hour of triumph, & I will be with him!”
72. “Blessed is she, the daughter of peace, that hath found a place within His Kingdom, a safe harbour within His arms!”
73. Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll,
While the tempest still is high!
74. While there’s life, there’s hope.
75. “Ye shall be safe in the midst of storm, in the hollow of My hand in the place that I have prepared for thee, if thou shalt go & be obedient to the things that I shall show thee!”
76. God will not allow anything to come to me that He & I together can’t handle.
77. Sorrow comes to stretch out places in our hearts for joy.
78. Out of 1000 things that can come into a Christian’s life, it is not 999 of them that work together for good, but 999 plus one!
79. When a man can do nothing else, he can pray. A praying man can never be a useless man.
80. Sing through the darkness & sing in the light–
Sing with the morning & sing in the night;
Sing when your eyes have been clouded with pain,
Sing in the sunshine & sing through the rain.
81. We can never stumble in the darkness if He leads us.
82. God does not comfort us to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters.
83. Long years ago I planned it all for thee;
Prepared it that thou mightst find need of Me.
Without it, child, thou wouldst not come to
Find this place of comfort in this Love of Mine.
Hadst thou no cross like this for Me to bear,
Thou wouldst not feel the need of My strong care;
But in thy weakness thou didst come to Me,
And through this plan I have won thee.
84. If the Weaver of our life’s pattern chooses another plan than the one we thought to use, is He not wiser than we? Surely it will be a pattern more beautiful than our fondest dreams!
85. Hearts growing a-weary with heavier woe,
Now droop, ‘mid the darkness, Go comfort them, go!
Go bury thy sorrows; Let others be blest;
Go give them the sunshine, Tell Jesus the rest.
86. Sorrows are but incidents in life, & must not interrupt us. We must leave them behind, while we press on to the things that are before. God has so ordered that in pressing on in duty we shall find the truest, richest comfort for ourselves.
87. The child is happier now. Infinite Love called the child. Infinite wisdom took him away. You shall have him again.
88. “I can’t!” despairingly I cried!
This gentle whisper sounded at my side,
“Of course not, child, Thou wast not fashioned so,
But I, thy Father, CAN & WILL. I know
Thy weaknesses, all thy longing see,
And I am always strong to strengthen thee.”
89. Hide your thorn in the rose. Bury your sigh in the song. Keep your cross, if you will, but keep it under a wreath of flowers. It is the singing of your heart that will make you forget your sorrow. He will give you a “song in your desert night” that your loved one in Glory-land will hear & be glad.
90. Jesus Christ is a matchless life-mender. Try Him. He will take that seemingly shattered life & fashion a far more beautiful one from its fragments than you yourself could ever have wrought from the whole.
91. He Who wounds can heal. He Who takes, will Himself fill the vacant place. And He will keep that which you have committed to Him, & give it back restored to perfect health & beauty.
92. God never fails the soul who is utterly abandoned to Him. He employs all His omnipotence & His omniscience on His behalf.
93. Our dear ones are with Thee, & if we keep near Thee, we cannot be far from them.
94. Child of My Love, fear not the unknown morrow,
Dread not the new demand life makes of thee;
Thy ignorance doth hold no cause for sorrow
Since what thou knowest not is known to Me.
95. We can rebuild our houses, like the birds their nests, instead of grieving over their destruction.
96. We cannot be mended unless we are broken.
97. If, instead of trying to trust, we will press closer to the Comforter, & lean our weary heads upon His sufficient grace, trust will come without our trying, & the promised “perfect peace” will calm every troubled wave of sorrow.
98. Duty has ordered me forward,
But I am afraid to go;
The work is too great for my doing,
So little I see & know
And yet I can find my course
And obey my Lord’s command
For I feel the force of a guidance
In the clasp of my Father’s hand.
99. He climbs beside you; lean upon Him!
100. Nestle your hand in your Father’s,
And sing if you can as you go;
Your song may cheer someone behind you
Whose courage is sinking low;
And if your lips do quiver,
God will love you the better so.
101. Out of every sorrow God means that there should come submission; a drawing nearer to His Own great heart of Love; a new vision of the shallowness of Worldly streams & the depth of Divine ones; a closer devotion to Jesus Christ than ever before known; a loosening of the grasp on time, & its tightening upon Eternity.
102. Oh, the wonderful story of deathless Love!
Each child is dear to that Heart Above;
He fights for me when I cannot fight,
He comforts me in the gloom of night,
He lifts the burden, for He is strong.
He stills the sigh, & awakens the song;
The burdens that bow me down He bears,
And loves & pities because He cares.
103. Your sorrow is meant to be a strength-giver to you, & to equip you for giving strength to others.
104. I think that God is proud of those who bear
A sorrow bravely. Proud indeed of them
Who walk straight through the dark to find Him there,
And kneel in faith to touch His garment’s hem.
105. We must choose to be comforted. We MUST believe it. We must say to ourselves, “God says it, & it’s true, & I am going to believe it, no matter how it looks.”
106. I cannot row it myself–
The boat on the raging sea
But beside me sits Another,
Who pulls & steers with me.
107. When Dr. Moon of Brighton, England, was stricken with blindness, he said: “Lord, I accept this talent of blindness from Thee. Help me to use it for Thy glory that at Thy Coming Thou mayest receive Thine own with usury.” Then God enabled him to invent the Moon Alphabet for the blind, by which thousands of blind people were enabled to read the Word of God, & many of them were gloriously saved.
108. Before me lies a new & untried way midst shadows dim;
Beside me is my Guide, & day by day I walk with Him.
109. Great trials make common Christians into uncommon saints, & fit them for being used in uncommon service.
110. Go bury thy sorrow, The World hath its share;
Go bury it deeply, Go hide it with care;
Go think of it calmly, When curtained by night;
Go tell it to Jesus, And all will be right.
111. No, we are not here just for ourselves. Love must be strong & unselfish. It must look away from its own torn heart to a needy World, forward to the day when it shall be joyous forever, up to the Father Who does all things well.
112. I know thy sorrow, child; I know it well,
Thou needst not try with broken voice to tell.
Just let Me lay thy head here on My breast,
And find here sweetest comfort, perfect rest;
Thou needst not bear the burden, child, thyself,
I yearn to take it all upon Myself;
Then trust it all to Me today–tomorrow,
Yes, e’en forever; for I know thy sorrow.
113. Jesus deals very gently with those who find the cross heavy. He sympathises, for He knows what it means to suffer. He sank under His own Cross, & had to be helped with it by a passer-by on the way to Calvary.
114. The closer fellowship with your Father, which began amid your tears, will become a dynamic force to carry you forward into braver & better deeds.
115. The way is long, my child, but it shall be
Not one step longer than is best for thee.
116. One of the most serious dangers of inconsolable sorrow is that it may lead us to neglect our duty to the living in our mourning for the dead. This we should never do. God does not desire us to give up our work because our heart is broken.
117. “My burden is too heavy, Lord”, I tremblingly said.
“I can no farther carry it!” And tears I shed.
Then came a sudden cry for help from one sore pressed
I ran to seek him, gladly gave him of my best.
Then thought I of my heavy burden–but, lo ’twas gone
The gloom & doubt had vanished quite & Love’s light shone.
118. Your life task is to demonstrate what miracles God can work through a man’s triumph over the seemingly insurmountable. If your burden is supremely heavy it is evidence that God has superior confidence in you & that He is permitting you to undertake a task of particular significance. He trusts you to win.
119. Death doth hide, but not divide!
Thou art but on Christ’s other side.
Thou art with Christ & Christ with me,
In Him united still are we.
120. What subtler decoration of honour can any godly man seek after than his scars of service, his losses for the crown, his reproaches for Christ’s sake, his being worn out in his Master’s service!
121. Shall I doubt my Father’s mercy?
Shall I think of death as doom,
When I know my love is happy,
Waiting in the other room?
122. There is no failure of life so terrible as to have the pain without the lesson, the sorrow without the softening.
123. Measure thy life by loss & not by gain,
Not by the wine drunk, but by the wine poured forth.
For love’s strength standeth in love’s sacrifice,
And he who suffers most has most to give.
124. From the desert of loneliness & despair came Hagar’s, “Thou God, seest me!” From a heart tested & tried came Job’s, “I know that my Redeemer liveth.” From a broken & contrite heart was David’s, “Wash me & I shall be whiter than snow.” Out of lonely Gethsemane came perfect submission, “Thy Will be done.” Through the gates of deepest sorrow, great souls found their way to a more splendid life. At the foot of the Cross, the Crown was found. The tomb is the gate of the resurrection. Death is the door to life.
125. You do not have to understand all God’s ways with you. God does not expect you to understand them. You do not expect your child to understand, only believe. Some day you will see the glory of God in the things which you do not understand.
126. Does Jesus care when I’ve said good-by
To the dearest on Earth to me?
When my sad heart aches, till it nearly breaks,
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?
Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
Though the days be weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.
127. A very true cross-bearer learns to carry his cross as if it were an ornament rather than a burden, & finds after a time that it carries him. It gives more strength to him than he gives to it. Yet how many persons there are who scarcely attempt to carry the cross! It is thrown on them, & they sink down under it.
128. There are no great souls without great sorrows.
129. Those who are broken in wealth, & broken in self-will, & broken in their ambitions, & broken in their beautiful ideals, & broken in worldly reputation, & broken in their affections, & broken ofttimes in health; those who are despised & seem utterly forlorn, & helpless, the Holy Ghost is seizing upon, & using for God’s glory. “The lame take the prey,” Isaiah tell us.
130. Where God’s finger points, there God’s hand will make the way.
131. For strength to bear is found in duty done;
And he is best indeed who learns to make
The joy of others cure his own heartache.
132. There are souls like the “alabaster vase of ointment” ( Mat.26:7 ), very precious, which shed no perfume of devotion, because a great sorrow has never broken them.
133. What will prayer do for you?–All that God can do for you.
134. Lord Jesus, when the prison doors close in on me, keep me trusting, & keep my joy full & abounding. Prosper Thy Work through me in prison: Even there, make me free indeed.
135. Wrestling prayer can wonders do,
Bring relief in deepest straits;
Prayer can force a passage through
Iron bars & brazen gates.
136. When God lets us go to prison because we have been serving Him, & goes there with us, prison is about the most blessed placed in the World that we could be in.
137. Rain, rain beating ‘gainst the pane!
How endlessly it pours out of doors
From the blackened sky–I wonder why!
Flowers, flowers, upspringing after showers,
Blossoming fresh & fair, everywhere!
Ah, God has explained why it rained!
138. Don’t be afraid of tears. They’re nothing to be ashamed of. Even Jesus wept!
139. “Fear thou not, for I am with thee unto the End!”
140. All things truly work together for good to them that love the Lord.–No matter what it is. It may not always seem like it, but God often gets His greatest victories out of seeming defeat.
141. God never gives us burdens greater than we are able to bear.
142. God is a loving & merciful God. He knows your frame; He remembers that you’re but dust & He knows how much you can stand.
143. While there is life, there is hope!
144. When you reach the end of your rope, & are in some great crisis experience of your life, cry out desperately to Him in this time of trial, in this time of Gethsemane, followed by this crucifixion, & God will answer, & it will result in glorious resurrection which can surpass all your wildest dreams & is mightier & greater than anything you ever thought of!
145. He is your peace. Your help comes from Him. In Him is your confidence. You must put your confidence in Him.
146. When things look darkest, don’t look down!–Look up!–Be not fearful, but believing!
147. It’s not always going to seem easy. But the Lord promised it would be easy.– Mat.11:28-30 .
148. Cast your burden on the Lord! Just roll it over on Jesus & roll over & go to sleep–& let Him stay up all night! Don’t worry about it!–Let the Lord do the worrying! His shoulders are broad enough to carry any load–all the burdens put together, including His Own!
149. We have prayed & God has heard our prayers, & God Himself shall turn the tide of battle, & God Himself shall answer in His Own way, not according to the expectations of man, but according to the wisdom of God! For God knows best what shall bring victory!
(See also No. 18 , 25 , 75 , 114 , 581 , 698 , 720 , 900 , 1064 , 1367 .)
150. Gen.15:1 Fear not, I am thy shield, & thy exceeding great reward.
151. Gen.28:15 And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
152. Deu.33:27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee.
153. Jos.1:5 As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
154. Isa.30:6b David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.
155. 2Ch.16:9a The eyes of the Lord run to & fro throughout the whole Earth.
156. Job 11:16 Thou shalt forget thy misery, & remember it as waters that pass away.
157. Psa.9:9,10 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know Thy Name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.
158. Psa.18:19 He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me.
159. Psa.18:28 For Thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
160. Psa.27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
161. Psa.32:7 Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
162. Psa.34:17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
163. Psa.34:22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants: and none of them that trust In Him shall be desolate.
164. Psa.37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the Earth.
165. Psa.37:17 The Lord upholdeth the righteous.
166. Psa.37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.
167. Psa.56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?
168. Psa.71:20,21 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the Earth. Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
169. Psa.86:7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon Thee: for Thou wilt answer me.
170. Psa.86:17 Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because Thou, Lord, hast holpen me, and comforted me.
171. Psa.91:3 Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
172. Psa.91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
173. Psa.91:15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
174. Psa.94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul.
175. Psa.94:22 But the Lord is my defense; and my God is the rock of my refuge.
176. Psa.103:6 The Lord executeth righteousness and judgement for all that are oppressed.
177. Psa.103:14 For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust.
178. Psa.116:6 The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and He helped me.
179. Psa.119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy Word hath quickened me.
180. Psa.121:1,2 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made Heaven and Earth.
181. Psa.121:4 Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
182. Psa.138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me.
183. Psa.139:7-12 Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I ascend up into Heaven, Thou art there: if I make my bed in Hell, behold Thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from Thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee.
184. Psa.145:14 The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
185. Psa.145:18,19 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him: He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
186. Psa.147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
187. Pro.11:21 Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
188. Isa.12:1 And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise Thee: though Thou wast angry with me, Thine anger is turned away, and Thou comfortedst me.
189. Isa.40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God.
190. Isa.41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.
191. Isa.41:17 When the poor & needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
192. Isa.41:18b I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
193. Isa.42:6,7 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
194. Isa.42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
195. Isa.43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
196. Isa.43:19b I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
197. Isa.49:13-16 Sing, O Heavens; and be joyful, O Earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted His people, and will have mercy upon His afflicted. But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.
198. Isa.54:10,11 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee. O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
199. Isa.63:9 In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His presence saved them: in His Love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
200. Isa.66:13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
201. Jer.1:19 And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee.
202. Jer.31:13 Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.
203. Jer.39:17 I will deliver thee in that day, saith the Lord: and thou shalt not be given into the hand of the men of whom thou art afraid.
204. Lam.3:31-33 For the Lord will not cast off for ever: But though He cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.
205. Mic.7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.
206. Mat.5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
207. Mat.5:10-12 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great in regards your reward in Heaven: for so persecuted they the Prophets which were before you.
208. Mat.28:20b And, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the World. Amen.
209. Luke.6:20-22 And He lifted up His eyes on His disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the Kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.
210. Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.
211. Jn.14:1-4 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
212. Jn.14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
213. Jn.16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the World shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
214. Jn.16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the World ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the World.
215. Rom.8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
216. Rom.8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
217. Rom.15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
218. 2Cor.1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
219. 2Cor.1:7 And our hope of you is steadfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
220. 2Cor.7:4b I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
221. Phi.1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
222. Phi.1:20b Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
223. 1Th.5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
224. 1Th.5:24 Faithful is He that calleth you, Who also will do it.
225. 2Th.2:16,17 Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
226. 2Ti.1:12b For I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.
227. 2Ti.2:12a If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him.
228. Rev.21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
(See also Isa.54:1-5,11-14 ; 60:1,3,4-9,29,20 ; 62:2,3,12 .)
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family